Who is......?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
ClyCly

#31 Post by ClyCly »

Okay now I know who Diane Warren is. So on the other thread, when i said yes, I want to change my answer for no. I don't want a PSB crappy song thank you !

Eldritch

#32 Post by Eldritch »

Undertaker wrote:Looks like people here are very bored. Slagging off a song when they have no idea what it's like.
I object to the idea in general. Hiring Diane Warren to write a song is like inviting Charles Manson to a houseparty. Yes, there is always the chance that this time he behaves himself, doesn't slay anybody with a butcher's knife, maybe he'll even entertain the other guests with card tricks, let's give him the benefit of the doubt etc.

Of course there is a chance that the song is a goodie, but that doesn't change my opinion about hiring her, because it seems like such a cynical and sacrilegious move from a pair of such brilliant songwriters as Neil and Chris. I know several members here who would commit harakiri with paper knives if PSB asked Chris Martin to write them a song – and this is exactly the same kind of worst-case of scenario for me. Even if it works out, it's still a horrible idea.
Click click drone

Undertaker

#33 Post by Undertaker »

Eldritch wrote: I object to the idea in general. Hiring Diane Warren to write a song is like inviting Charles Manson to a houseparty. Yes, there is always the chance that this time he behaves himself, doesn't slay anybody with a butcher's knife, maybe he'll even entertain the other guests with card tricks, let's give him the benefit of the doubt etc.
Being a bit unfair there. Manson was also a musician wasn't he? Give him a bit more credit. He could get his guitar out. I actually think he is responsible for a B-side somewhere! :?

That list of songs is a bit ugly BUT could some, or all of those songs been far better sung by other artists? Different music etc.

Dave

Nickname

#34 Post by Nickname »

Undertaker wrote:
Eldritch wrote: I object to the idea in general. Hiring Diane Warren to write a song is like inviting Charles Manson to a houseparty. Yes, there is always the chance that this time he behaves himself, doesn't slay anybody with a butcher's knife, maybe he'll even entertain the other guests with card tricks, let's give him the benefit of the doubt etc.
Being a bit unfair there. Manson was also a musician wasn't he? Give him a bit more credit. He could get his guitar out. I actually think he is responsible for a B-side somewhere! :?

That list of songs is a bit ugly BUT could some, or all of those songs been far better sung by other artists? Different music etc.

Dave
I would like to upload the demo version of Numb to somewhere but sendit.com doesn't work (I don't know why).
Hearing the demo version of Numb, you could express your opinion about the song.

Zeus On The Loose

#35 Post by Zeus On The Loose »

Provider wrote:I miss Michael Bolton.
Things just were never the same after he chopped off the pony tail and comb-over.
Does cameos only.

Zeus On The Loose

#36 Post by Zeus On The Loose »

Well, I've always quite liked Can't Fight The Moonlight and I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing and Unbreak My Heart was not too bad.
Does cameos only.

Eldritch

#37 Post by Eldritch »

Zeus On The Loose wrote:Well, I've always quite liked Can't Fight The Moonlight and I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing and Unbreak My Heart was not too bad.
Quite liked? Not too bad? You're selling yourself short here, Zeus. You're not that convinced yourself either, are you? Otherwise you would call them "brilliant pop singles".
Click click drone

gardenmaker

Re: Who is......?

#38 Post by gardenmaker »

She's one onf the wealthiest songwirters on the planet, along with Carole King. I prefer the latter.