New album Nonetheless

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Gabby

Re: New album Nonetheless

#181 Post by Gabby »

MikeyC wrote: Sat 17 Feb 2024, 6:50 pm
Drico One wrote: Thu 15 Feb 2024, 8:32 pm Nice to see the Blue Man Group still going strong.

Drico.
In a literal sense the Blue Man Group theater is next to my favorite coffee house so I walk by it everyday and there’s always a long line of tourists! Definitely still going strong! 😎
I used to want to see BMG until I realized they're basically a franchise. That'd be like random pairs of guys performing as PSB all over the world.

jules

#182 Post by jules »

Drico One wrote: Fri 16 Feb 2024, 10:57 pm There's an interview with James Ford in the Financial Times. It's very general and only briefly touches on Nonetheless, but he describes it as “stripped-down electronic with a cinematic orchestral side”.

https://www.ft.com/content/7d57b6f5-86a ... e59678c83c
Interesting but i still want the ballads to sound electronic.
I hope some songs on the album will sound as great as any song of fundamental.

Xakrij

#183 Post by Xakrij »

Gabby wrote: Sat 17 Feb 2024, 8:22 pm That'd be like random pairs of guys performing as PSB all over the world.
I seem to recall Neil and Chris saying they could do something like this when they decide to retire. They would hire stand-in artists to perform as Pet Shop Boys in their place.
Shot in the fatal cause 'of frock-and-droll'

TallThinMan

#184 Post by TallThinMan »

Xakrij wrote: Sat 17 Feb 2024, 9:22 pm
Gabby wrote: Sat 17 Feb 2024, 8:22 pm That'd be like random pairs of guys performing as PSB all over the world.
I seem to recall Neil and Chris saying they could do something like this when they decide to retire. They would hire stand-in artists to perform as Pet Shop Boys in their place.
Early on they used to talk quite a lot about the Pet Shop Boys becoming like Menudo, with a changing line-up. So one iteration of the Pet Shop Boys might be five girls, for example.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menudo_(group)
Love Pet Shop Boys? You'd probably enjoy TIERGARTEN: https://linktr.ee/tiergartenmusic

TeCHno PoP

#185 Post by TeCHno PoP »

Any word about the cassette's case? Seems like a stupid cardsleeve. If it right, I won't buy it.

Sandy Shaw

#186 Post by Sandy Shaw »

Drico One wrote: Tue 13 Feb 2024, 8:05 am

So, this is a well-meaning excoriation - which is rather like what a truly caring individual might very well feel driven to deliver when dealing with the implacable, self-absorbed, and destructive willfulness of a loved one. The affection on display is obvious, but there's every chance it remains unrequited and patience is clearly running out. In the end, it's a "yes, you've got problems but you've got to help yourself and I'm here to help you too - or haven't you noticed" message. The wallflower now comes with a barb.

An intriguing start to Nonetheless, then. Well, I'm immediately drawn in, anyway.

Drico.
Me too, personal stuff alert, but I'm basically in the role of ''Neil'' or his persona in my current relationship, my partner is still feeling lonely as he wants to date a woman as well as me and that side isn't working out despite my altruistic encouragement....
I am appreciated but sometimes it feels not...

So again spooky time with this release - as so many fans have commented the Boys music and lyrics often chime with our own emotional worlds...
What's for supper?

Nicholas

#187 Post by Nicholas »

Sandy Shaw wrote: Sun 18 Feb 2024, 12:39 pm Me too, personal stuff alert, but I'm basically in the role of ''Neil'' or his persona in my current relationship, my partner is still feeling lonely as he wants to date a woman as well as me and that side isn't working out despite my altruistic encouragement....

So again spooky time with this release - as so many fans have commented the Boys music and lyrics often chime with our own emotional worlds...

Is your partner bi? Are you a man? I always assumed you were a woman. If I’ve had this wrong I have made such an ass of u and me. Well, not u. Just me.

Sandy Shaw

#188 Post by Sandy Shaw »

Nicholas wrote: Sun 18 Feb 2024, 1:36 pm
Sandy Shaw wrote: Sun 18 Feb 2024, 12:39 pm Me too, personal stuff alert, but I'm basically in the role of ''Neil'' or his persona in my current relationship, my partner is still feeling lonely as he wants to date a woman as well as me and that side isn't working out despite my altruistic encouragement....

Is your partner bi? Are you a man? I always assumed you were a woman. If I’ve had this wrong I have made such an ass of u and me. Well, not u. Just me.
Yes, I'm a man I borrowed my forum name from Sandie Shaw but decided to use an appropriate version. Yes, my partner is bi.

Sorry for the confusion!!!
What's for supper?

Nickname

#189 Post by Nickname »

I don't know but I think this new album is not going to have a proper tour and the promotion is going to be a documentary for BBC, 2 or 3 proper music videos, 1 or 2 performances on TV, Radio 2, the concerts of the ROH, interviews on the press and not much more.

Patrick Bateman

#190 Post by Patrick Bateman »

Nickname wrote: Mon 19 Feb 2024, 3:02 pm I don't know but I think this new album is not going to have a proper tour and the promotion is going to be a documentary for BBC, 2 or 3 proper music videos, 1 or 2 performances on TV, Radio 2, the concerts of the ROH, interviews on the press and not much more.
They were scheduled to perform at the Superbowl last week but the NFL refused their request to postpone the game for a couple of months to coincide with the release of Nonetheless.

leesmapman

#191 Post by leesmapman »

Patrick Bateman wrote: Mon 19 Feb 2024, 4:39 pm They were scheduled to perform at the Superbowl last week but the NFL refused their request to postpone the game for a couple of months to coincide with the release of Nonetheless.
Typical NFL

y3potential

#192 Post by y3potential »

Patrick Bateman wrote: Mon 19 Feb 2024, 4:39 pm
Nickname wrote: Mon 19 Feb 2024, 3:02 pm I don't know but I think this new album is not going to have a proper tour and the promotion is going to be a documentary for BBC, 2 or 3 proper music videos, 1 or 2 performances on TV, Radio 2, the concerts of the ROH, interviews on the press and not much more.
They were scheduled to perform at the Superbowl last week but the NFL refused their request to postpone the game for a couple of months to coincide with the release of Nonetheless.
:lol: :lol: :clap:
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

Nickname

#193 Post by Nickname »

Patrick Bateman wrote: Mon 19 Feb 2024, 4:39 pm
I don't think Superbowl is better than PSB.

neilgregory72

#194 Post by neilgregory72 »

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere but he version made available from Blood Records:

https://blood-records.co.uk/products/PSB

I ordered an hour ago and a 1000 have been sold since then.

Looks very cool.
I may be wrong

telys

#195 Post by telys »

Don't know if it's old news but Neil said on the radio concert that all songs on Nonetheless have an orchestra.
----
You've got me all wrong