PSB at Royal Opera House

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
herts101

Re: PSB at Royal Opera House

#196 Post by herts101 »

Got a mosh pit on Saturday!!!!!!!!!

So pleased.

I was in the queue for about 50 minutes with varying wait times posted. Got to the front and it just took me to the home page, but then searched for PSB, selected Saturday and I went straight through to seatmap. Lots of seats and standing available.

Hope everyone else is lucky too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rashomon

#197 Post by rashomon »

Boom! Bagged a seat for Saturday also!

Balcony, Row A ... figured this was a better option than a few rows back in the Donald Gordon Tier

The last Dreamworld show - probably
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

dbaseboy

#198 Post by dbaseboy »

ROH official site states how many tickets left eg currently 90+ for Wed Thu Fri, 54 for Sat. Again good luck.

Meebabi

#199 Post by Meebabi »

Tuesday & Wednesday now completely sold out

EDIT: sorry, maybe not Tuesday, but definitely Wednesday.

EDIT AGAIN: okay, I don’t get what’s going on. For 2 separate days I got a message that it was sold out & was redirected. But then I went in the main site again and there was availability for all dates (though very limited).??
Last edited by Meebabi on Fri 16 Feb 2024, 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meebabi

#200 Post by Meebabi »

Very strange system…when a date is sold out the site redirects you to the next available date, which is nice- but you have no idea what date it’s moving you to!

dbaseboy

#201 Post by dbaseboy »

Meebabi wrote: Fri 16 Feb 2024, 11:00 am Very strange system…when a date is sold out the site redirects you to the next available date, which is nice- but you have no idea what date it’s moving you to!
And previously sold seats becoming available. Just spotted pair on balcony on Saturday night and few together on other nights. Think moral is just keep trying.

Meebabi

#202 Post by Meebabi »

dbaseboy wrote: Fri 16 Feb 2024, 11:09 am
Meebabi wrote: Fri 16 Feb 2024, 11:00 am Very strange system…when a date is sold out the site redirects you to the next available date, which is nice- but you have no idea what date it’s moving you to!
And previously sold seats becoming available. Just spotted pair on balcony on Saturday night and few together on other nights. Think moral is just keep trying.
Yes! I noticed that too!

I was fortunate to be able to get tickets on Wednesday (for Wednesday!) during the pre-sale, so I’m ok. I just thought since I’d be making a big trip to London I’d see if I could perhaps get another date as well (preferably for less $$). Oh well, not meant to be and that’s totally okay. At this point, mostly looking out of curiosity, since I’m still awake (very early morning here).

dbaseboy

#203 Post by dbaseboy »

Meebabi wrote: Fri 16 Feb 2024, 11:17 am
dbaseboy wrote: Fri 16 Feb 2024, 11:09 am
Yes! I noticed that too!

I was fortunate to be able to get tickets on Wednesday (for Wednesday!) during the pre-sale, so I’m ok. I just thought since I’d be making a big trip to London I’d see if I could perhaps get another date as well (preferably for less $$). Oh well, not meant to be and that’s totally okay. At this point, mostly looking out of curiosity, since I’m still awake (very early morning here).
Nice one. After the fiasco of the presale I managed to get front row balcony for night wanted otherwise same. 👍

tottenhammattspurs

#204 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

I dont understand. Everyone on here moaning (myself included) about the ridiculous prices of tickets for these ROH gigs and yet all five nights have sold out. Basically they can charge what they want and it'll get swiped up by people with more money than sense to see a concert theyve all seen at least twice already? I thought Depeche Mode were taking the piss at their ticket prices but this is something else!!! £250 tickets. £200 tickets. £80 quid for the privilege of standing up at the back? Get back in the sea. You've now given carte blanche for them to charge whatever the fvvk they want as people will buy them anyway. Gigs used to be what us mere mortals could afford to go to and the arts etc were for the rich. It's now cheaper to buy a west end show ticket or a ballet ticket than it is to see Depeche Mode bang out a few hits or PSB to go through the same motions they've have for the past 2 and a half years. That isn't right.
is is and isnt isnt

Drico One

#205 Post by Drico One »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Fri 16 Feb 2024, 11:33 am I dont understand. Everyone on here moaning (myself included) about the ridiculous prices of tickets for these ROH gigs and yet all five nights have sold out. Basically they can charge what they want and it'll get swiped up by people with more money than sense to see a concert theyve all seen at least twice already? I thought Depeche Mode were taking the piss at their ticket prices but this is something else!!! £250 tickets. £200 tickets. £80 quid for the privilege of standing up at the back? Get back in the sea. You've now given carte blanche for them to charge whatever the fvvk they want as people will buy them anyway. Gigs used to be what us mere mortals could afford to go to and the arts etc were for the rich. It's now cheaper to buy a west end show ticket or a ballet ticket than it is to see Depeche Mode bang out a few hits or PSB to go through the same motions they've have for the past 2 and a half years. That isn't right.
I've got tickets for Berlin in July for €100 each and I thought that was pricey. I wouldn't entertain paying €250 - not because the show won't be superb, but because I have other financial priorities. To me, at that price, there are better things to do with my money. But, that's just me. Each to their own. Others have other priorities. I tend to be "rational" about my fandom. I am not a "collector". I buy the special edition of each album on CD, I buy the CD singles, and I buy Annually. I buy tickets to see them on tour, if convenient. I do not buy vinyl or other merchandise. I am not a completist. I don't understand people who buy every release in multiple formats - but then they don't understand me emoting over some obscure b-side like it's an Oscar Wilde/Pyotr Tchaikovsky collaboration with art by Farrow.

In other words, diversity is good. I hope people who go thoroughly enjoy themselves.

Drico.
The pale kid that hides in the attic behind his PC...

Meebabi

#206 Post by Meebabi »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Fri 16 Feb 2024, 11:33 am I dont understand. Everyone on here moaning (myself included) about the ridiculous prices of tickets for these ROH gigs and yet all five nights have sold out. Basically they can charge what they want and it'll get swiped up by people with more money than sense to see a concert theyve all seen at least twice already? I thought Depeche Mode were taking the piss at their ticket prices but this is something else!!! £250 tickets. £200 tickets. £80 quid for the privilege of standing up at the back? Get back in the sea. You've now given carte blanche for them to charge whatever the fvvk they want as people will buy them anyway. Gigs used to be what us mere mortals could afford to go to and the arts etc were for the rich. It's now cheaper to buy a west end show ticket or a ballet ticket than it is to see Depeche Mode bang out a few hits or PSB to go through the same motions they've have for the past 2 and a half years. That isn't right.
I don’t completely disagree with you- concerts have gotten expensive, though these UK prices are much better than what we generally have to pay in North America. I got 2 tickets in the mid-lower price range and they were approximately equivalent to what I had to pay for 1 ticket to see Madonna last month in Toronto (and I was nowhere close to the stage!).

King1968

#207 Post by King1968 »

Meebabi wrote: Fri 16 Feb 2024, 12:11 pm
I completely disagree with you- concerts have gotten expensive, though these UK prices are much better than what we generally have to pay in North America. I got 2 tickets in the mid-lower price range and they were approximately equivalent to what I had to pay for 1 ticket to see Madonna last month in Toronto (and I was nowhere close to the stage!).

King1968

#208 Post by King1968 »

I completely agree with you I saw the Dreamland show at Wembley and loved it but there is no way I'm going to pay £160 for a seat I paid £80 for at the last Royal Opera House show ,with a new album and annually to fork out for to I'm given these shows a miss, think their taking the piss big time on these prices but it will sell out so good luck to them

tottenhammattspurs

#209 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

I know it’s a different demograph but as a comparison, a mate of mine has just got tickets for AC/DC at Wembley stadium and they weee coming in at £80-£120. There is simply no excuse for £250 tickets. Paul Heaton recently toured and tickets were no more than £40. It can be done. Artists now choose not to.

Kylie just been announced at Hyde Park for the summer. Literally the worst place possible for any kind of music show as the sight lines are awful, sound is quiet, and all the food and drink outlets are woefully understaffed. Be interning to see how much her tickets go for. Looks to me like the “pink pound” has more disposable income.
is is and isnt isnt

dbaseboy

#210 Post by dbaseboy »

I agree about the prices. I’m really only doing it out of future nostalgia and not regretting seeing them live (in a great setting). I’ve missed some great gigs before (my fault for not going) inc Hyde Park intimate run through and that Smirnoff O2 one some years ago, and regretted it since.