New Single - Loneliness

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Shopper

Re: New Single - Loneliness

#361 Post by Shopper »

:lol:
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

TeCHno PoP

#362 Post by TeCHno PoP »

Juno.co.uk has scans of the CD single. Just sayin...

tottenhammattspurs

#363 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Only three tracks!
is is and isnt isnt

tottenhammattspurs

#364 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Only three tracks!
is is and isnt isnt

Kaputnik

#365 Post by Kaputnik »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Tue 13 Feb 2024, 6:10 pm Only three tracks!
Why's that a surprise? The tracklist of the singles been on their website since the album was announced and has been available digitally for weeks. I'm confused

Future Lover

#366 Post by Future Lover »

It's been known since day one, though, the tracklist was available on the website.

tottenhammattspurs

#367 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Thought it might have at least had the album version on it to make it four tracks. Still not a sniff of any remix or even a 12”.
is is and isnt isnt

Dog

#368 Post by Dog »

tottenhammattspurs wrote:Thought it might have at least had the album version on it to make it four tracks. Still not a sniff of any remix or even a 12”.
It is early days.
Woof.

matt74uk

#369 Post by matt74uk »

Amazon have just dispatched, so will be great to have another PSB CD single in my hands tomorrow to promptly put away on the shelf and probably never play again once I've ripped it ;)

TwizzleUK

#370 Post by TwizzleUK »

matt74uk wrote: Thu 15 Feb 2024, 2:56 pm Amazon have just dispatched, so will be great to have another PSB CD single in my hands tomorrow to promptly put away on the shelf and probably never play again once I've ripped it ;)
I went for tracked shipping for the CD single from the PSB store, but have had no notice that it's shipped yet. Wondering if it'll turn up on tomorrow's release date.

In hindsight, I'm not sure why I opted for the higher priced shipping, as have never had any issues with my orders from the PSB store here in the UK.

Anyone know which courier they ship with for tracked?

Gabby

#371 Post by Gabby »

matt74uk wrote: Thu 15 Feb 2024, 2:56 pm Amazon have just dispatched, so will be great to have another PSB CD single in my hands tomorrow to promptly put away on the shelf and probably never play again once I've ripped it ;)
I can relate. One day, maybe, some people will understand the joy of having a physical copy!

I suspect my copy wont come until May because I ordered it with the album as a single order...meanwhile Spotify is my friend. :wall:

TeCHno PoP

#372 Post by TeCHno PoP »

Seems like the CD single will be in gatefold sleeve, thank God!

TwizzleUK

#373 Post by TwizzleUK »

I totally relate to this. I've almost entirely moved to digital downloads for all of my music (not a fan of streaming - although I stream my digital collection in high quality around the house from a network drive) However, for my three favourite bands (Arab Strap, New Order, PSB), I still buy at least one physical format of each release (always CD, but also sometimes the 12" singles and the odd vinyl for albums I really like).

I have four cubes of an Ikea Kallax unit housing my modest 12"/LP collection, and four smaller cubes for my 7 inches. However, as I'm in such a small, one bed house, I've no space to keep my thousands of CDs on display - I fitted dozens of MDF shelves inbetween all my loft trusses, and have my CD singles and CD albums tucked away in alphabetically labelled clear plastic boxes. So it means whenever a new PSB CD arrives, I rip it in lossless into my digital collection, play it a few times on my Blu-ray player, then tuck it away in the darkness of the loft!

No idea why really, but I guess it's because it's three bands where I've been collecting pretty much every core release physically ever since I got into them, so want to continue building that collection. I'm not a hardcore completist (I don't buy multiple versions of the same album, etc.) but have more or less every song and remix Arab Strap and New Order ever released - not so with PSB, as not fussed about many of the more recent remixes, but I do try to get physical copies of each song, B-side, etc.

Every now and again I have a browse in the loft (it's like a small second hand CD store up there) and will dig something out to play - but hardly ever really!

TwizzleUK

#374 Post by TwizzleUK »

TwizzleUK wrote: Thu 15 Feb 2024, 4:49 pm
I went for tracked shipping for the CD single from the PSB store, but have had no notice that it's shipped yet. Wondering if it'll turn up on tomorrow's release date.

In hindsight, I'm not sure why I opted for the higher priced shipping, as have never had any issues with my orders from the PSB store here in the UK.

Anyone know which courier they ship with for tracked?
Turns out Yodel do the tracked shipping (not sure, but I think it was Royal Mail for the standard shipping?). No update on the tracking page since 13 Feb ("Were expecting your parcel from the sender"), despite an email from the PSB store on 15th saying it's shipped. I assumed paying the higher shipping cost would mean getting it on release day, but seemingly not.

I've had past standard shipping orders turn up on release day before, defeating the point of paying extra for tracked. In my separate order for the album, I've also selected tracked shipping, so not hopeful of getting that on release day. I've therefore cancelled my album order from PSB store and have ordered from Amazon - I figure there's a much better chance of receiving it on release day that way!
Last edited by TwizzleUK on Fri 16 Feb 2024, 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TwizzleUK

#375 Post by TwizzleUK »

End of the working day and Yodel still shows as "We're expecting your parcel from the sender" very disappointing, and proves there's really no point paying for more than standard delivery. From now on, I'm ordering from Amazon to ensure arrival in day if release, unless it's a PSB store exclusive.

Anyone else got their CD singles in the post today from anywhere, or via any delivery method?