Annually + CD - Published on April 14th, 2023

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Andie

Re: Annually + CD - Published on April 14th, 2023

#46 Post by Andie »

retrofuturist wrote: Tue 20 Dec 2022, 9:06 pm Greetings,

International postage to Australia was a bit of a killer - I rationalised it by thinking of the book as the "purchase price" and the CD as the "postage price".

But after giving the previous edition a miss due to the lack of a CD, it looks like I'm back on the Annually train.

Retro. :)
Good way of looking at the cost! I was very surprised to see there was a cd as well 😎😀
Don’t be scared, for only the dark can show you the stars

Behavior66

#47 Post by Behavior66 »

The shipping charge to the USA is insane... sadly will not be ordering a copy this year.

drunk14

#48 Post by drunk14 »

Can anyone contact me to help order mine? I would like to get this edition, but I won't pay 16 euros of shipping costs. That's unbelievable! 16 euros is more than a new CD in Poland.

Perhaps someone could order two copies and send one to my place with the cheapest possible option? From Germany or even UK?
I've been around the world for a number of reasons. I've seen it all the change of seasons, and I, my lord, may I say nothing?

oakey

#49 Post by oakey »

drunk14 wrote: Wed 21 Dec 2022, 6:22 am Can anyone contact me to help order mine? I would like to get this edition, but I won't pay 16 euros of shipping costs. That's unbelievable! 16 euros is more than a new CD in Poland.

Perhaps someone could order two copies and send one to my place with the cheapest possible option? From Germany or even UK?
Keep in mind that you will be charged import fees plus VAT if somebody sends it from the UK to Poland (EU).

International shipping from Germany is also not cheap.

Like I said, artist stores are no fun anymore since Brexit.

Suburban_Boy

#50 Post by Suburban_Boy »

Seems like there won't be any import fees for EU. From https://shop.petshopboys.co.uk/gb/delivery.html

Import fees & duties
All orders ship from the UK. Please make sure you are prepared to pay any potential import fees to receive your parcel.

If you have have placed an order and do not wish to pay the fee to receive your order, please refuse the parcel and it will get returned to us free of charge.

Once the item is returned to us, your refund will be processed within 30 business days. If you have any questions please contact us to discuss and we will be on hand to assist you.

Fees for EU customers
If your delivery address is in an EU country there are no fees for orders under €150. This is because we are registered with the IOSS Scheme, meaning VAT and customs duties are already taken care of before delivery. This also means faster shipping times!

Orders over €150 will incur an import fee upon delivery. Unfortunately we are unable to tell you how much this will be as if differs from country to country. Check with your local customs office for information on taxes in your country.

EU countries where this applies:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.

Fees for the rest of the world (non-EU or UK deliveries)
Orders that are delivered outside of the EU and UK will incur an import fee. Please be prepared to pay this to receive your parcel. Unfortunately we are unable to tell you how much this will be as if differs from country to country. Check with your local customs office for information on taxes in your country.

If you have placed an order and do not wish to pay the fee to receive your order, please refuse the parcel and it will get returned to us free of charge.

Once the item is returned to us, your refund will be processed within 30 business days. If you have any questions please contact us and we will be on hand to assist you.

Iyonix

#51 Post by Iyonix »

Had no trouble ordering this, although it seems previous accounts/logins are now invalid, none of my old ones worked, So created new account, got the validation email, add to basket, paypal payment, confirmation email from payment and the PSB store, no problems.

Shipping costs seem to have gone up too.

I was using Google Chrome on a very ancient PC .

jasonjohn

#52 Post by jasonjohn »

Dog wrote: Tue 20 Dec 2022, 2:30 pm Reading the descriptions of The lost room and Kaputnik, I reckon this is the Modern Fascism EP. It’s also the backbone of the lost dark techno album. These aren’t just some random demos - I think they are purposefully putting them out and releasing them together as a package in the same way they did with Agenda - there is something here they want to communicate. It’s also telling that they are resurrecting the 1993 Face article covering their trip to Russia. There’s a narrative at work.
I think you're right!

The totalitarianism album in EP format.

So next album isn't going to be a Fundy type gig, then. Which really makes me wonder what it might be, because the Price era covered Pop pretty well. Maybe we're in for an orchestrated album.

euroboy

#53 Post by euroboy »

Order placed but I have not ordered the shirt. I don't think there are better designs... ;)

leesmapman

#54 Post by leesmapman »

drunk14 wrote: Wed 21 Dec 2022, 6:22 am Can anyone contact me to help order mine? I would like to get this edition, but I won't pay 16 euros of shipping costs. That's unbelievable! 16 euros is more than a new CD in Poland.
believe it or not, but shipping costs are usually this high nowadays :-/

Dog

#55 Post by Dog »

Lost sleeve artwork from Farrow’s Instagram: “references the titles from the film version of ‘Der junge Torless’.”
Woof.

daveid

#56 Post by daveid »

Interesting that they've decided to release unheard tracks from the period of the last-but-one album. I wonder if that means they're not planning FLs of the Kobalt albums in future. Great that The Lost Room has been located and unlocked at last as this was the 14th fully-produced track with Pricey from the final Super shortlist (can't remember which b-side was the 13th now). Whoda thought it would take 8-9 years to appear finally? Now, what about a new album? It's been three years of bits and pieces now. 2024?

Dog

#57 Post by Dog »

Surprising there’s no credit for Stuart Price for The lost room, given that was one of the tracks they finished with him. Maybe they went back to their original version.
Woof.

Dog

#58 Post by Dog »

daveid wrote:Interesting that they've decided to release unheard tracks from the period of the last-but-one album. I wonder if that means they're not planning FLs of the Kobalt albums in future. Great that The Lost Room has been located and unlocked at last as this was the 14th fully-produced track with Pricey from the final Super shortlist (can't remember which b-side was the 13th now). Whoda thought it would take 8-9 years to appear finally? Now, what about a new album? It's been three years of bits and pieces now. 2024?
In bits was the other Price track that didn’t make it onto Super.
Woof.

daveid

#59 Post by daveid »

Dog wrote: Wed 21 Dec 2022, 4:36 pm Image

Lost sleeve artwork from Farrow’s Instagram: “references the titles from the film version of ‘Der junge Torless’.”
Four month wait for something that is clearly ready for release. Frustrating.

Yep, In bits, ta.

daveid

#60 Post by daveid »

Dog wrote: Wed 21 Dec 2022, 4:38 pm Surprising there’s no credit for Stuart Price for The lost room, given that was one of the tracks they finished with him. Maybe they went back to their original version.
Or it could be the Jazz version mentioned in Literally.