Annually + CD - Published on April 14th, 2023

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Izione

Re: Annually + CD - Published on April 14th, 2023

#76 Post by Izione »

If it helps, I’m in the U.K. and the cost of shipping out of the country is extortionate in general not just the PSBs store. Inflation, cost of living crisis and Brexit all contribute.
For me to send a 12” to the US via Royal Mail these days costs me between £25 and £28 pounds.
It’s the world we live in these days unfortunately.

Discorobot
United States of America

#77 Post by Discorobot »

Every year its painful to pull the trigger on shipping these to the US. However, I just looked at how much my 3 prior CDs are on Discogs, and the combined median value exceeds $200 (not that I plan on getting rid of them).

moxlox

#78 Post by moxlox »

Obviously delighted 'new' tracks coming our way. :dance:

Same painful shopping experience as others. I couldn't log onto my account and the password reset feature didn't work. Kept trying from different devices and checking my junk folders, all to no avail. Emailed the stated 'contact us' link for help but still no reply. So ordered as a guest as I was fearful of it being sold out and usual panic to ensure I get a copy - that happens for many things these days, not just PSB products. Wasted a lot of my time over the last few days just to order a book and CD...

Only when I came on here did I see others had the same problem and had to create new accounts. I didn't think of that, just thought it was usual PSB store crapiness! Should have come here first! Why oh why doesn't the store put a message up that all old accounts expired and you need to create a new one to make any new orders?! One sentence! Shockingly poor as ever, even if the store is now being run by a different organisation :wall:

Excited about the CD though :D
Circuses and Bread

dgraysn

#79 Post by dgraysn »

DopeFiend wrote: Tue 20 Dec 2022, 1:19 pm
Last year, well the year before that I should say, they not only released the "exclusive" music on streaming services BEFORE MY COPY EVEN ARRIVED, but they also released audio versions of the interviews, basically spoiling the entire contents of the release.”

Where are these interviews available?
"Steely Blue eyes with no love in them, Scan The World" STOP BUSH

http://www.fotolog.net/dgraysn/

Piotrek

#80 Post by Piotrek »

DopeFiend wrote: Tue 20 Dec 2022, 1:19 pm Okay, preordered mine. Cost a whopping $131 Australian dollars for 2 copies. A bit ridiculous. I didn't even look at the price because it was in some other currency.
Anyway, really glad they're including a CD of demos. Just hoping it remains exclusive to the book.
Last year, well the year before that I should say, they not only released the "exclusive" music on streaming services BEFORE MY COPY EVEN ARRIVED, but they also released audio versions of the interviews, basically spoiling the entire contents of the release.
Preordered mine within 15 minutes of the social media post announcing this, let's see when I receive it.
Kinda unhappy we have to wait 5 months to actually have it, but what can you do.
TallThinMan wrote: Tue 20 Dec 2022, 1:12 pm Ordered as well. It looks like they’ve changed their online store backend because it wouldn’t let me log in with my previous credentials which was a bit annoying.
Same, was confusing because I'm sure I had an account. Made a new one in the end of course.
G_Goalden wrote: Tue 20 Dec 2022, 1:06 pm Four new songs. 2023 is already looking good.
Who's to bet they're all instrumentals though. I'm expecting the likes of Pazzo and Inner Sanctum.

information about future plans.
:!: :!: :!:
This bit has me excited!
I'm trying to order mine, after a few days back and forth with their support about not being able to log into my account or create a new one for that matter.
I'm checking out as a guest.
It's charging me £36.84 for shipping of two copies. It's the only shipping option.
How much did they charge you?

Rusty

#81 Post by Rusty »

Debussy wrote: Wed 21 Dec 2022, 7:57 pm Ordered and paid $93 to get it to New Zealand! Man, that tested my allegiance.
But I love collecting these and hope the tunes stay off streaming, only for the collectability, but hey, it's 2022/3.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Yeah I know what you mean. I just ordered mine now and paid a similar price for shipping to Oz. I hovered over the submit button for ages before finally giving in and clicking. If it wasn't for the bonus CD not sure I would have bothered. :roll:
But it feels like the flight
Of the von Trapps, does that mean it's war?

DopeFiend

#82 Post by DopeFiend »

Piotrek wrote: Fri 13 Jan 2023, 10:51 pm
DopeFiend wrote: Tue 20 Dec 2022, 1:19 pm Okay, preordered mine. Cost a whopping $131 Australian dollars for 2 copies. A bit ridiculous.
I'm trying to order mine, after a few days back and forth with their support about not being able to log into my account or create a new one for that matter.
I'm checking out as a guest.
It's charging me £36.84 for shipping of two copies. It's the only shipping option.
How much did they charge you?
€24.59.
Which I suppose is £21.70 or $38 AUD.

It's one thing to pay extra to PSB. We'd be supporting the band. But shelling out an excessive amount to some UPS courier delivery company seems unnecessary.
£36.84 is even worse.