Annually + CD - Published on April 14th, 2023

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
MikeyC

Re: Annually + CD - Published on April 14th, 2023

#61 Post by MikeyC »

jasonjohn wrote: Wed 21 Dec 2022, 10:06 am
Dog wrote: Tue 20 Dec 2022, 3:30 pm Reading the descriptions of The lost room and Kaputnik, I reckon this is the Modern Fascism EP. It’s also the backbone of the lost dark techno album. These aren’t just some random demos - I think they are purposefully putting them out and releasing them together as a package in the same way they did with Agenda - there is something here they want to communicate. It’s also telling that they are resurrecting the 1993 Face article covering their trip to Russia. There’s a narrative at work.
I think you're right!

The totalitarianism album in EP format.

So next album isn't going to be a Fundy type gig, then. Which really makes me wonder what it might be, because the Price era covered Pop pretty well. Maybe we're in for an orchestrated album.
Or polka.

jagdmirage

#63 Post by jagdmirage »

The new Pet Shop Boys store (part of Warner Music Group) is the shittiest. The good old PSB Shop ships worldwide, but the new one ships only to their selected and approved countries. I asked them to add my country(Taiwan) in the drop-down menu and I got a bureaucratic response as follows. So they think shipping to China is more reliable than to Taiwan?

I've emailed info@beckerbrown.com regarding this. Just wait and see what she got to say.
Ingram Support (Pet Shop Boys European Store)

Dec 21, 2022, 10:57 AM EST
Hello jagdmirage,

Many thanks for your e-mail.

All the countries we deliver to are selectable via the Delivery Country dropdown menu during the checkout phase.

If your country is not listed, unfortunately it means that due to customs restrictions or advice from our delivery partners we are unable to offer delivery to your country at this time.

We are unfortunately unable to advise if or when this might change.

Warm wishes,

Warner Music Customer Services (UK & Europe)
Who is Phil Mitchell(the man in my avatar)?

Ronald42

#64 Post by Ronald42 »

Ordered, Well at least 4 new songs this year. 2022 was a bit, how should I put it............?????
THE FUTURE THAT YOU ANTICIPATED HAS BEEN CANCELLED

daveid

#65 Post by daveid »

jules wrote: Wed 21 Dec 2022, 6:18 pm The price era may not be over.
At £25 plus p&p you're not wrong

Debussy

#66 Post by Debussy »

Ordered and paid $93 to get it to New Zealand! Man, that tested my allegiance.
But I love collecting these and hope the tunes stay off streaming, only for the collectability, but hey, it's 2022/3.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

psbfannyc

#67 Post by psbfannyc »

daveid wrote: Wed 21 Dec 2022, 5:38 pm Interesting that they've decided to release unheard tracks from the period of the last-but-one album. I wonder if that means they're not planning FLs of the Kobalt albums in future. Great that The Lost Room has been located and unlocked at last as this was the 14th fully-produced track with Pricey from the final Super shortlist (can't remember which b-side was the 13th now). Whoda thought it would take 8-9 years to appear finally? Now, what about a new album? It's been three years of bits and pieces now. 2024?
In the press release it says all demos: "Lost, an exclusive four-track CD of previously unreleased demos from 2015 is included with this year’s issue. The songs, “The lost room”, “I will fall”, “Skeletons in the closet” and “Kaputnik”, are discussed in Annually and the lyrics printed. The CD cover artwork is by Farrow/PSB."

So no Stuart Price which I'm grateful for.

psbfannyc

#68 Post by psbfannyc »

jagdmirage wrote: Wed 21 Dec 2022, 6:23 pm The new Pet Shop Boys store (part of Warner Music Group) is the shittiest. The good old PSB Shop ships worldwide, but the new one ships only to their selected and approved countries. I asked them to add my country(Taiwan) in the drop-down menu and I got a bureaucratic response as follows. So they think shipping to China is more reliable than to Taiwan?

I've emailed info@beckerbrown.com regarding this. Just wait and see what she got to say.
Ingram Support (Pet Shop Boys European Store)

Dec 21, 2022, 10:57 AM EST
Hello jagdmirage,

Many thanks for your e-mail.

All the countries we deliver to are selectable via the Delivery Country dropdown menu during the checkout phase.

If your country is not listed, unfortunately it means that due to customs restrictions or advice from our delivery partners we are unable to offer delivery to your country at this time.

We are unfortunately unable to advise if or when this might change.

Warm wishes,

That is HORRIBLE!

Rorie

#69 Post by Rorie »

If they are demos, maybe it means Stuart had nothing to do with the versions we are getting? Versions done before Stuart's involvement.

Hey, the CD itself will be worth more online than what we are paying now. Not that I am planning to sell mine.

zazou173

#70 Post by zazou173 »

As much as I want this, $25 shipping to the US seems punitive. You Can't de-select the tracked shipping option as you could before. I mean, I can pay it, but come on ...

tucky101

#71 Post by tucky101 »

Dismal service

No order placed yet they’ve taken the money off my bank account

I send screenshots and provide all details to wake up to this:

Thank you for your email.

Your query has now been raised for investigation and once the investigation is complete, I will be in touch with an update.

Please be advised we will be operating with a reduced service over the festive period, however, we will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible. Our offices are closed from 24th December 2022 to 27th December 2022 and 31st December to 2nd January 2023. Normal service will resume from the 3rd of January 2023.

With this please allow 14 working days for us to get back to you regarding your enquiry. We do apologise for the inconvenience this may cause you.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may be causing you and we appreciate your patience while we work on this.

If there is anything else we can help you with please let us know.

Warm wishes,
Kira

f*** hopeless.

If I miss out I will be effing furious.

oakey
Netherlands

#72 Post by oakey »

Suburban_Boy wrote: Wed 21 Dec 2022, 8:28 am Seems like there won't be any import fees for EU. From https://shop.petshopboys.co.uk/gb/delivery.html
That at least is good news for those who will order it, not only price-wise but non-IOSS registered parcels from outside the EU take ages in these days of personnel shortage at all curstoms departments.

€45 is still too steep a price for me, as I am not interested in the book. I have the Agenda, Laundrette and Undertow CDs but I only listed to Undertow once in a while. At around €20 this would be a no brainer, but not for over twice that price. The previous ones were also around £22.50 plus reasonable shipping if I recall correctly.

OakeyDokey

#73 Post by OakeyDokey »

Hi Oakey, your near namesake here. If you're not interested in the books but happen to have the 2018 and 2019 editions, I'd be interested in buying then (without the CDs). You could use the money to put towards the 2023 costs.
PM me if you'd like to discuss further.

oakey
Netherlands

#74 Post by oakey »

OakeyDokey wrote: Mon 26 Dec 2022, 1:27 pmPM me if you'd like to discuss further.
Sent you a PM

ahafan02

#75 Post by ahafan02 »

I was able to order it Friday here in the US. Sadly the shipping cost was more than what the product cost.