Annually + CD - Published on April 14th, 2023

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
TwizzleUK

Re: Annually + CD - Published on April 14th, 2023

#16 Post by TwizzleUK »

redsock wrote: Tue 20 Dec 2022, 2:34 pm Ordered. 😄 👍

I was confused about the previous account going missing and them not sending me password reminder email, but all done in the end.

Not sure if it's relevant anymore with it possibly being a new ordering system, but it might be a good idea to check out via PayPal, as I seem to recall quite a few people complain that their orders get cancelled and possibly flagged as fraudulent when their cards get charged out of the blue a few weeks before the order being despatched.
At least with PayPal you've immediately paid.
Must be a new store platform. My previous password didn't work; no password reset email received, so set up a new account using the same email and it didn't flag as a duplicate.

It wouldn't accept my credit card the first time (said "try again later"), so used PayPal instead and it went straight through. You'd think if it was a new online store, the credit card issues would be resolved. Will remember to always use PayPal from now on.

psbfannyc

#17 Post by psbfannyc »

TwizzleUK wrote: Tue 20 Dec 2022, 2:46 pm
redsock wrote: Tue 20 Dec 2022, 2:34 pm Ordered. 😄 👍

I was confused about the previous account going missing and them not sending me password reminder email, but all done in the end.

Not sure if it's relevant anymore with it possibly being a new ordering system, but it might be a good idea to check out via PayPal, as I seem to recall quite a few people complain that their orders get cancelled and possibly flagged as fraudulent when their cards get charged out of the blue a few weeks before the order being despatched.
At least with PayPal you've immediately paid.
Must be a new store platform. My previous password didn't work; no password reset email received, so set up a new account using the same email and it didn't flag as a duplicate.

It wouldn't accept my credit card the first time (said "try again later"), so used PayPal instead and it went straight through. You'd think if it was a new online store, the credit card issues would be resolved. Will remember to always use PayPal from now on.
Always use PayPal with anything pertaining to PSB "store" purchases no matter what platform. It will be nothing but a nightmare if not.

One of the crowd

#18 Post by One of the crowd »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Tue 20 Dec 2022, 2:05 pm Wow. Four days befor Xmas and suddenly have to shell out for this? It’s been end of January early feb for the last six years. What a curveball. This’ll sell out before half the fans even realise it’s available. And once again, the website doesn’t recognise returning customers. Is it coded by a child?
They could have waited until after Christmas

Maybe they’re short of a few bob and they’re getting the turkey from Waitrose rather than Harrods
Fishing

Dog

#19 Post by Dog »

From the 2016 Literally Super diary feature:

The lost room

Chris: Neil’s always at the dentist.
Neil: I just had two crowns recently. That week I was just going for a check-up but this is when he told me I needed two crowns, but I couldn’t face it then. Anyway, when I came back Chris had this music, and I already had this idea of “The lost room” and I think we must have put them together. It’s another very dark song. There could have been an entire album of songs about totalitarianism. Which obviously we didn’t do. It’s based on a famous novel called Young Torless about an incident in a boy’s military school in what was Austria-Hungary in the early years of the twentieth century, and how the boys bully each other. There’s a 1960s film I’d seen where they draw an analogy between that and the rise of fascism. So the song is about a boy being bullied and humiliated - in the lost room, because he’s lost and no one can find him. It’s an extremely dark song. It was very nearly on the album. It’s one of the 14 tracks we recorded with Stuart, and will emerge at some point. It’s more or less finished. But it was too dark for Super.
Chris: It’s techno. We’ve basically already done a whole techno album. We should just do it and put it out before Christmas. I like surprising people.

I will fall

Neil: This was the last song we wrote for the album, though it’s not actually on the album.
Chris: We’ve been quite productive, haven’t we?
Neil: Yeah.
Chris: I like this song.
Neil: Stuart thinks it’s twee.
Chris: Sorry. File under “twee”.
Neil: I can imagine George Michael singing this. It’s a love song.
Chris: No one does love songs anymore.
Neil: Apparently you’re not allowed to anymore. Because they suggest that there’s someone you’re in love with apart from yourself, which is obviously impossible nowadays.
Chris: Also it’s a sign of weakness.

Skeletons in the closet

Chris: “Skeletons in the closet” is a fun track. We almost put it into Closer to Heaven.
Neil: When Closer to Heaven came back, we suddenly thought that you could open Act Two with this song that goes: “There are skeletons in the closet / rattling to get out.”
Chris: It definitely lends itself to musical theatre. This is part of the fun Pet Shop Boys range. Something that’s been sadly missing for a while.
Neil: I think it might yet appear in Closer to Heaven.

Kaputnik

Neil: “Kaputnik” is another quite hard techno-y song. We went to see this film, B-Movie, about this guy we know, Mark Reeder, who moved to Berlin at the beginning of the ‘80s and was part of the clubbing scene and is still a Berlin character. And during the course of the movie someone used the word “kaputnik”. I think it means someone who breaks things. That’s what I imagine it to mean, anyway. I like the idea that it’s German and Russian at the same time. In the song, which is a very aggressive song, the relationship between a guy and his girlfriend who wants to leave him is compared to the relationship between Putin and the Crimea, or Putin and the former Soviet states like Ukraine, where he says he’ll make her regret it if they break up.
Woof.

Dog

#20 Post by Dog »

Reading the descriptions of The lost room and Kaputnik, I reckon this is the Modern Fascism EP. It’s also the backbone of the lost dark techno album. These aren’t just some random demos - I think they are purposefully putting them out and releasing them together as a package in the same way they did with Agenda - there is something here they want to communicate. It’s also telling that they are resurrecting the 1993 Face article covering their trip to Russia. There’s a narrative at work.
Woof.

psbnyc

#21 Post by psbnyc »

I live in NYC but am in Europe until early January. I’m not able to order in USD while I’m here (I don’t have a VPN), so the only option is to order in euros which would cost 29 euros + shipping of over 25 euros. Has anybody in the US ordered and what is the price in USD for Annually + shipping? Thanks!

King1
Great Britain

#22 Post by King1 »

Can't remember if you get a confirmation email saying you've pre ordered, I've ordered but no confirmation as of yet.

raggatwin

#23 Post by raggatwin »

Are they taking the money straight away?

Can't remember how it was done before.

Taking today would mean a complete lack of awareness of how people are living...
Hello my name is Neil Tennant and I'm Chris Lowe and we're of the Pet Shop Boys.

King1
Great Britain

#24 Post by King1 »

Anyone had a confirmation of order email ?

Dog

#25 Post by Dog »

King1 wrote:Anyone had a confirmation of order email ?
Yes, straightaway.
Woof.

Sithblade

#26 Post by Sithblade »

King1 wrote:Anyone had a confirmation of order email ?
I had a confirmation email straight after I'd paid from the PSB site, the PayPal payment was to WMIS limited.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

King1
Great Britain

#27 Post by King1 »

Thanks guys pre order confirmation confirmed after 2nd attempt.

Suburban_Boy

#28 Post by Suburban_Boy »

I just (pre :roll: )-ordered and paid with debit card and the payment was taken immediately also. Just a little more than 50% of the purchase price to cover the postage for me :wall:

Also, I've not had access to a CD player for years now so hopefully the tracks will be available elsewhere (by some means! :D )

gx2066

#29 Post by gx2066 »

£21 shipping when they have a US store in their website? Pass.

MikeyC

#30 Post by MikeyC »

psbnyc wrote: Tue 20 Dec 2022, 3:35 pm I live in NYC but am in Europe until early January. I’m not able to order in USD while I’m here (I don’t have a VPN), so the only option is to order in euros which would cost 29 euros + shipping of over 25 euros. Has anybody in the US ordered and what is the price in USD for Annually + shipping? Thanks!
I’m a New York City Boy, as well, as you probably know by now. 😎
It’s almost shocking to answer you and type this, but the total comes to $58.91! 😲 Only one expensive form of shipping was available. But there you have it. x