The 10-track "US-version" of Introspective that could've been

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
OakeyDokey

Re: The 10-track "US-version" of Introspective that could've been

#31 Post by OakeyDokey »

Are there any quotes from Neil at the time or after to suggest that he felt they were short of "traditional song" material for the album or if the writing for/producing other artists and dipping their toe in playing live was slowing down their by then highly-prolific writing? Or perhaps it was always meant to be 12" dance tunes.

telys

#32 Post by telys »

Yep, Introspective is perfect as it is. My original intention was to find out if there was material for a US-version, I believe 1988 wasn't too late for albums in general to have different configurations in different markets. I don't think it would've been seen as an inferior product.

BTW, I love how Introspective takes you on a journey. Behaviour does the same while Very for instance to me is just a collection of great pop songs. To me the next album that really is a journey through sonic landscape and stories is Fundamental and then Elysium.
----
You've got me all wrong

Danimal

#33 Post by Danimal »

It’s interesting that a number of years ago a series of white label US 7” promos were discovered of edits of all six “Introspective” tracks. It seems EMI in the US may have very well considered a different configuration of “Introspective” for the US market after all. The edits seem to be professionally prepared.

negative_0ne

#34 Post by negative_0ne »

Danimal wrote: Wed 01 Feb 2023, 11:55 am It’s interesting that a number of years ago a series of white label US 7” promos were discovered of edits of all six “Introspective” tracks. It seems EMI in the US may have very well considered a different configuration of “Introspective” for the US market after all. The edits seem to be professionally prepared.
would have been nice for those to be on the further listening or other compilations.

later

ahafan02

#35 Post by ahafan02 »

negative_0ne wrote: Thu 02 Feb 2023, 7:09 pm
Danimal wrote: Wed 01 Feb 2023, 11:55 am It’s interesting that a number of years ago a series of white label US 7” promos were discovered of edits of all six “Introspective” tracks. It seems EMI in the US may have very well considered a different configuration of “Introspective” for the US market after all. The edits seem to be professionally prepared.
would have been nice for those to be on the further listening or other compilations.

later

Maybe one day there will be a super deluxe and those edits will be included.

telys

#36 Post by telys »

The problem is that those edits omit In My House
----
You've got me all wrong