Record Store Day Black Friday

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.

leesmapman

Re: Record Store Day Black Friday

#2 Post by leesmapman »

Oh great, UK only. Prices will go through the roof.[edit] well, maybe not uk only, but the Dutch RSD "Black Friday" list doesn't show it yet...

domino

#3 Post by domino »

[...] and the as yet unreleased exclusive for RSD BF 'Moody Mix' which features the Pet Shop Boys signature dark disco pop and recalls heavy West End Girls flabours.
A blues would be in B flat, pain defining wisdom,
but the soul is in the high hat, programmed in the system.

greenmile

#4 Post by greenmile »

I've had good luck with getting RSD stuff for near face value on Discogs on the actual day. Obviously you have to take shipping charges into account, but it still tends to be better than ebay.

james23_uk

#5 Post by james23_uk »

Nice! :up: :up: :up:
at rock bottom :wall:

DopeFiend

#6 Post by DopeFiend »

Maybe say what the actual RSD release is?
It's Queen Of Ice, the PSB remix on a 12".
12" transparent vinyl with splatter effect housed in outer sleeve with pantone printing. The tracklist features the Pet Shop Boys Remixes of Claptone's 2021 single Queen of Ice. 3 Pet Shop Boys Remixes including Extended, 7" mix, and the as yet unreleased exclusive for RSD BF 'Moody Mix' which features the Pet Shop Boys signature dark disco pop and recalls heavy West End Girls flabours.
Has an exclusive remix!
It can't be that good if it has to be limited to this release, but it's something.

tottenhammattspurs

#7 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

I cannot stand RSD. It’s become everything it set out not to be.
is is and isnt isnt

y3potential

#8 Post by y3potential »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Thu 15 Sep 2022, 12:18 pm I cannot stand RSD. It’s become everything it set out not to be.
I couldn't agree more. Well said.
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

telys

#9 Post by telys »

DopeFiend wrote: Thu 15 Sep 2022, 9:56 am Maybe say what the actual RSD release is?
12" transparent vinyl with splatter effect housed in outer sleeve with pantone printing. The tracklist features the Pet Shop Boys Remixes of Claptone's 2021 single Queen of Ice. 3 Pet Shop Boys Remixes including Extended, 7" mix, and the as yet unreleased exclusive for RSD BF 'Moody Mix' which features the Pet Shop Boys signature dark disco pop and recalls heavy West End Girls flabours.
Has an exclusive remix!
It can't be that good if it has to be limited to this release, but it's something.
If you don't get that mix....
----
You've got me all wrong

leesmapman

#10 Post by leesmapman »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Thu 15 Sep 2022, 12:18 pm I cannot stand RSD. It’s become everything it set out not to be.
yeah and now it's also doing that "black friday" thing.

DJAMIX

#11 Post by DJAMIX »

DopeFiend wrote: Thu 15 Sep 2022, 9:56 am Maybe say what the actual RSD release is?
Has an exclusive remix!
Agreed with that!
One can't find the way to peace. Peace is the way itself. (Gandhi)

oakey
Netherlands

#12 Post by oakey »

leesmapman wrote: Wed 14 Sep 2022, 8:11 pm Oh great, UK only. Prices will go through the roof.[edit] well, maybe not uk only, but the Dutch RSD "Black Friday" list doesn't show it yet...
Yes, buying exclusive stuff from UK-only artist stores is no fun anymore either since Brexit (including the Pet Shop Store). And all the UK indie exclusive releases are not being sold by Amazon, I know they are the bad guys but it’s the only UK online store that still has decent p&p cost. Stores like Rough Trade have just become too expensive.

As for RSD: I love my brick and mortar store but I just don’t have the time to queue up only to find out they never received the product in the first place. I am not in a big city with multiple physical stores.
Last edited by oakey on Fri 16 Sep 2022, 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

leesmapman

#13 Post by leesmapman »

The Dutch Record Store Day site doesn't say it'll get this release. https://recordstoreday.nl/actueel/eerst ... 22-bekend/

But there might be more updates coming.

Flaffer

#14 Post by Flaffer »

oakey wrote: Fri 16 Sep 2022, 6:13 pm And all the UK indie exclusive releases are not being sold by Amazon, I know they are the bad guys but it’s the only UK online store that still has decent p&p cost. Stores like Rough Trade have just become too expensive.

As for RSD: I love my brick and mortar store but I just don’t have the time to queue up only to find out they never received the product in the first place. I am not in a big city with multiple physical stores.
I went to order the last St Etienne album/DVD combo from Rough Trade as they had an exclusive bonus CD. The p&p cost were ridiculous. Compared to the fantastic Ace Records site where prices often cheaper than Amazon and free postage. Why don’t indie stores have exclusive items that are available for longer periods rather than released on one day in miniscule amounts, not in several outlets, and snapped up scalpers and the like. The idea made sense in early days but just doesn’t work on practice and probably pisses off many music fans
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

oakey
Netherlands

#15 Post by oakey »

Flaffer wrote: Fri 16 Sep 2022, 8:56 pm
oakey wrote: Fri 16 Sep 2022, 6:13 pm And all the UK indie exclusive releases are not being sold by Amazon, I know they are the bad guys but it’s the only UK online store that still has decent p&p cost. Stores like Rough Trade have just become too expensive.

I went to order the last St Etienne album/DVD combo from Rough Trade as they had an exclusive bonus CD. The p&p cost were ridiculous. Compared to the fantastic Ace Records site where prices often cheaper than Amazon and free postage. Why don’t indie stores have exclusive items that are available for longer periods rather than released on one day in miniscule amounts, not in several outlets, and snapped up scalpers and the like. The idea made sense in early days but just doesn’t work on practice and probably pisses off many music fans
That will not help us who are in continental Europe though... Acerecords only has free delivery in the UK. It does not even list prices for Europe. But yes, cheapest p&p option for a vinyl record from Rough Trade to the Netherlands is £15.57.... Add to that the 21% VAT on the total amount incl P&P plus custom charge of €7.50. A £13.99 12" single will cost almost €50 :( That is a no go for me