Chris Heath's Discovery tour book

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Dog

Re: Chris Heath's Discovery tour book

#16 Post by Dog »

OakeyDokey wrote:Where did Brett bitch about Neil on coke?
Not really a case of Brett bitching, but here’s the excerpt from Love And Poison, David Barnett’s authorised biography of Suede.

Woof.

Future Lover

#17 Post by Future Lover »

This discussion is gross. Sure, insight into their personal lives is great and all, but speculation such as this just makes you look like nosy housewives, if not outright slanderers.

Ligeya

#18 Post by Ligeya »

What's the story about Neil and one of the dancers?

telys

#19 Post by telys »

Future Lover wrote: Wed 14 Sep 2022, 8:43 am This discussion is gross. Sure, insight into their personal lives is great and all, but speculation such as this just makes you look like nosy housewives, if not outright slanderers.
Here we go again. I haven't come to grips yet if you're a fake troll account or not. But please stop pestering our forum.
----
You've got me all wrong

Future Lover

#20 Post by Future Lover »

Well, they should sue your asses. I'm not here for tabloid fantasies, and you should consider how you'd feel if someone was assuming you were a drug addict or unprofessional with subordinates just because of what you do or some vague rumors. Brett mentions one instance of drug use in the book, and that turns into "habitual". Even then, why not simply respect that they didn't want the book released and be done with it? Maybe it's as trivial as the second book selling less than the first and interest waning. I'm not gonna be a hypocrite and say I don't like some speculation (TM), but pretty serious things are being said here, and serious things need serious proof.
As for trolls... You probably would've seen how real I am back in Budapest if you weren't so damn unpleasant that it didn't even cross my mind to say hello.

jasonjohn

#21 Post by jasonjohn »

No doubt they have private lives. But they're also music nerds, more than they are rockers. So I can't imagine them straying too far from the tame side.

I mean, they sometimes go to the Berghain, but mostly for the privacy and liberation of the no-camera policy. Aware of the goings on, but remaining apart from, yet not judgemental.

Future Lover

#22 Post by Future Lover »

I like your take, jasonjohn. We all know what's going on in Berghain, but I'm not going to assume they're into p*ssplay and orgies just because that also happens there. I'm a dance music enthusiast who doesn't even go to clubs, but based on stereotypes, I should be always high on ecstasy. How easy it is to fall into simplistic views... Obviously, I don't think they're perfect or as tame as they appear. But they've only ever been professional in public, never gave the appearance of substance abuse, don't have a huge amount of stories leaked about their sexual activity... Heck, no one has any piece of evidence about Chris' partners in a career spanning four decades. So you can see why this type of speculation seems far-fetched, other than the hints they've given themselves. I can see how the mystery is a canvas for people to project whatever they want onto them.

NotInvisible

#23 Post by NotInvisible »

Future Lover wrote: Thu 15 Sep 2022, 2:23 pmWell, they should sue your asses. I'm not here for tabloid fantasies, and you should consider how you'd feel if someone was assuming you were a drug addict or unprofessional with subordinates just because of what you do or some vague rumors.
That awkward moment when it becomes obvious someone has never read the Chris Heath books or numerous interviews with raging gossip hounds Neil and Chris...

Future Lover

#24 Post by Future Lover »

Yeah, I didn't know that was a pre-requisite to being a big fan of their work or that it gives a carte blanche to their fans to do the same. I do own a signed copy of "Literally", but it describes events from before I was born, you can imagine the references being a bit lost on me.

DopeFiend

#25 Post by DopeFiend »

telys wrote: Thu 15 Sep 2022, 1:42 pm
Future Lover wrote: Wed 14 Sep 2022, 8:43 am This discussion is gross. Sure, insight into their personal lives is great and all, but speculation such as this just makes you look like nosy housewives, if not outright slanderers.
Here we go again. I haven't come to grips yet if you're a fake troll account or not. But please stop pestering our forum.
Really don't know why the moderators haven't stepped in.

Future Lover

#26 Post by Future Lover »

Why, exactly? I've just said, if you're going to make statements like these, better brings out the guns. Dog actually did a great thing by providing at least some proof of what's being said, but still, "habitual cocaine user"? Seems far from it. Even if I am a "bad fan" for not reading every word they've ever said, being a literal child in the 90s, at least help out by providing material from the era.

NotInvisible

#27 Post by NotInvisible »

Future Lover wrote: Fri 16 Sep 2022, 7:25 am Yeah, I didn't know that was a pre-requisite to being a big fan of their work or that it gives a carte blanche to their fans to do the same. I do own a signed copy of "Literally", but it describes events from before I was born, you can imagine the references being a bit lost on me.
I think quite a bit is lost on you.