New EP incoming?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Tom Angel

Re: New EP incoming?

#76 Post by Tom Angel »

MikeyC wrote: Fri 11 Nov 2022, 12:38 pm
telys wrote: Thu 10 Nov 2022, 10:39 am
jasonjohn wrote: Sat 06 Aug 2022, 9:27 am I understand what your angle is, but I hardly see any politics in the charts and it's weird. Like we are sleep walking into oblivion.
Swift, Sheeran, Drake, One Direction lads, Rihanna, Bieber, Perry
These people only ever sing about lifestyle. They play it safe to keep their millions. Not that there's anything wrong with singing about life and love, but why so limited.
I reckon Fundamental and Agenda are vastly different to what you normally hear normally from Pop artists.
Glad they have the spine to say it as they see it.
I've missed this great reflection from Jasonjohn. It's so true. It's all about lifestyle and being cocky and strong in a egocentric way, never about solidarity. No protest singers, no protest songs, to paraphrase Edwyn Collins.
They say the older generation is destroying the earth for future generations but what are the young doing: eyes on a screen, voting right extreme.
Sometimes I thank the stars that I belong to the last generation who had a few years of analogue life.
What are the young doing? They just helped save democracy in the U.S. with an astonishingly high turnout rate on Election Day earlier this week and helped prevent the vast majority of election-denying, conspiracy theory-believing nutcases from ascending to elected office! x
Saved democracy! Haha. You really fall for the globalists propaganda that easily. We are sleep walking into a globalist government, eroding national sovereignty and replacing them with their own supra-state and the roll out of the 4th revolution. You're backing the wring guys with Biden, these are the baddies. You'll see soon enough. But there's silence from culture because they're still stuck in their self-belief of benign governments and that State authoritarianism is the answer to their woes and anxieties. Turn off the news. It's polluting your every thought and disrupting your natural vibrations.
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

boyjohn

#77 Post by boyjohn »

Tom Angel wrote: Sat 19 Nov 2022, 11:37 am
MikeyC wrote: Fri 11 Nov 2022, 12:38 pm
telys wrote: Thu 10 Nov 2022, 10:39 am

I've missed this great reflection from Jasonjohn. It's so true. It's all about lifestyle and being cocky and strong in a egocentric way, never about solidarity. No protest singers, no protest songs, to paraphrase Edwyn Collins.
They say the older generation is destroying the earth for future generations but what are the young doing: eyes on a screen, voting right extreme.
Sometimes I thank the stars that I belong to the last generation who had a few years of analogue life.
What are the young doing? They just helped save democracy in the U.S. with an astonishingly high turnout rate on Election Day earlier this week and helped prevent the vast majority of election-denying, conspiracy theory-believing nutcases from ascending to elected office! x
Saved democracy! Haha. You really fall for the globalists propaganda that easily. We are sleep walking into a globalist government, eroding national sovereignty and replacing them with their own supra-state and the roll out of the 4th revolution. You're backing the wring guys with Biden, these are the baddies. You'll see soon enough. But there's silence from culture because they're still stuck in their self-belief of benign governments and that State authoritarianism is the answer to their woes and anxieties. Turn off the news. It's polluting your every thought and disrupting your natural vibrations.
Thankfully Neil and Chris would have nothing to do with your completely nutso views. please go away.
“Unless you consciously include, you will unconsciously exclude”
-Stephen Frost

leesmapman

#78 Post by leesmapman »

I saw someone doing an "account suicide" with a similar post on a different forum this week.

Future Lover

#79 Post by Future Lover »

Oh, if only it worked that way here too...

NotInvisible

#80 Post by NotInvisible »

Tom Angel wrote: Sat 19 Nov 2022, 11:37 amSaved democracy! Haha. You really fall for the globalists propaganda that easily. We are sleep walking into a globalist government, eroding national sovereignty and replacing them with their own supra-state and the roll out of the 4th revolution. You're backing the wring guys with Biden, these are the baddies. You'll see soon enough. But there's silence from culture because they're still stuck in their self-belief of benign governments and that State authoritarianism is the answer to their woes and anxieties. Turn off the news. It's polluting your every thought and disrupting your natural vibrations.
A timely reminder that mental illness is a serious issue. Let's hope Tom Angel gets the help he needs.

Danimal

#81 Post by Danimal »

They recorded “Agenda” before going into the studio for “Hotspot” and I really thought that was a cool way of doing things, something to tide everyone over. Of course for “Agenda” they had a specific subset of songs that fit a theme, so who knows if they have that this time around? I always thought an EP of extended tracks would be cool, like a mini version of “Introspective” or “Electric.”