Dreamworld - The Greatest Hits tour - reviews

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
minimal

Re: Dreamworld - The Greatest Hits tour - reviews

#31 Post by minimal »

Dog wrote: Mon 23 May 2022, 9:27 pm Attitude 5/5

https://attitude.co.uk/article/pet-shop ... e-1/27100/
"Pet Shop Bops" 🙄

m+

rashomon

#32 Post by rashomon »

minimal wrote: Tue 24 May 2022, 1:45 pm
"Pet Shop Bops" 🙄

m+
The year is 2094... and coming to your own personal virtual arena this year ... the "Pet Shop Bots" perform a selection of hits in their "Back from the dumper" extravaganza tour 🤖
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

boyjohn

#33 Post by boyjohn »

They really should have a surprise single ready to go to coincide with the Glastonbury show.
“Unless you consciously include, you will unconsciously exclude”
-Stephen Frost

Dog

#34 Post by Dog »

boyjohn wrote:They really should have a surprise single ready to go to coincide with the Glastonbury show.
I could imagine them having some 2023 dates ready to go on sale.
Woof.

303krs

#35 Post by 303krs »

"...Many roads will cross through many lives
but somehow you survive..."

Sandy Shaw

#36 Post by Sandy Shaw »

Dog wrote: Tue 24 May 2022, 9:06 pm
boyjohn wrote:They really should have a surprise single ready to go to coincide with the Glastonbury show.
I could imagine them having some 2023 dates ready to go on sale.
I think so too...
What's for supper?

Shopper

#37 Post by Shopper »

they should take this around the world now...great to read these + reviews
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

Flaffer

#38 Post by Flaffer »

Bournemouth standing area rammed. Few seats unoccupied but good crowd by and large. Drunk seemed to be toilet break for a few sadly. Sound was very good, almost up there with quality of ROH Super show. Drinks after in DYMK bar with many PSB fans singing along to Always on my mind karaoke. The Drag Queen compere asked if they’d performed Purple Zone as she loves that one and kept on saying Neil Neil are you here? As a review of their career it was wonderful and very touching in parts and the band add so much.
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

Flaffer

#39 Post by Flaffer »

Am I imagining it but didn’t the early shows have footage of Neil saying “how they didn’t want to be tainted by the whole thing and i think we’ve been relatively successful”
Just prior to West End girls. It wasn’t shown tonight or on footage I’ve seen from a recent show
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

minimal

#40 Post by minimal »

They've deleted the violence religion injustice death part at the end of Love comes quickly, haven't they? I think only passion Love Sex money remains.

m+

andmaste

#41 Post by andmaste »

My personal review, posted in my italian blog. I translated it for you.
I hope you can like it.

=====================================

I went to Milan for the concert of my beloved Pet Shop Boys.
A world tour (35 dates) that should have been held in 2020, then postponed to 2021, and finally materialized this year.
A wait that was worth it.

The location is prestigious, the concert was held at the "Arcimboldi Theater" which hosts events of the highest level, and which inside is very modern, with exceptional acoustics and a perfect view of the stage from every angle.

The Pet Shop Boys concert was the first of the long tour that will take them around Europe and North America, therefore we did not have any kind of "spoilers", such as a track-list of previous dates, scenography, costumes or anything else.
Better that way, the concert was all a surprise, from start to finish.

The Pet Shop Boys, Neil & Chris, present themselves on a very minimalist stage: the two of them, a microphone, a keyboard and two street lamps that illuminate them.
Enough.
Electronic music, we fans are in raptures.

After a few songs, the stage opens, the led curtain rises, and the musicians (guitar, keyboards, percussion) appear behind them to complete the live sound of the event. I am literally hooked on the situation.

The songs follow each other incessantly (there will be 27 in all), and I find myself singing, jumping, rejoicing, crying, laughing.
All together.
I felt free as it didn't happen for a long time, in a succession of emotions that made me forget the sad moments we live and have behind us.

And when in the last song - "Being Boring" - Neil intones the phrase "I came across a cache of old photos" I thought of my mother who is no longer here and my loved aunt who passed away a few days ago, and my grandparents in the black and white photos, and me when I was a child, and my father when had black hair, and all the smiles of friends and relatives who, as the song says "some are here and some are missing".
And I stopped.
I stopped singing and dancing.
I cried.
And I thanked Neil & Chris for the emotions they still know how to give me.

I didn't go to Milan for them: they came to Milan for me.

Neil & Chris, I love you.
Andrea
Pet Shop Boys: Covers & Quotations
www.psbcq.it

MikeyC

#42 Post by MikeyC »

@andmaste Beautiful review, thank you! 💗

Shopper

#43 Post by Shopper »

andmaste wrote: Thu 26 May 2022, 8:25 am My personal review, posted in my italian blog. I translated it for you.
I hope you can like it.

A world tour (35 dates) that should have been held in 2020, then postponed to 2021, and finally materialized this year.

The location is prestigious, the concert was held at the "Arcimboldi Theater" which hosts events of the highest level, and which inside is very modern, with exceptional acoustics and a perfect view of the stage from every angle.

The Pet Shop Boys concert was the first of the long tour that will take them around Europe and North America, therefore we did not have any kind of "spoilers", such as a track-list of previous dates, scenography, costumes or anything else.

The Pet Shop Boys, Neil & Chris, present themselves on a very minimalist stage: the two of them, a microphone, a keyboard and two street lamps that illuminate them.
Enough.

After a few songs, the stage opens, the led curtain rises, and the musicians (guitar, keyboards, percussion) appear behind them to complete the live sound of the event. I am literally hooked on the situation.

The songs follow each other incessantly (there will be 27 in all), and I find myself singing, jumping, rejoicing, crying, laughing.
All together.
I felt free as it didn't happen for a long time, in a succession of emotions that made me forget the sad moments we live and have behind us.

And when in the last song - "Being Boring" - Neil intones the phrase "I came across a cache of old photos" I thought of my mother who is no longer here and my loved aunt who passed away a few days ago, and my grandparents in the black and white photos, and me when I was a child, and my father when had black hair, and all the smiles of friends and relatives who, as the song says "some are here and some are missing".
And I stopped.
I cried.

:clap: Beautiful!
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

PETHEAD72

#45 Post by PETHEAD72 »

andmaste wrote: Thu 26 May 2022, 8:25 am My personal review, posted in my italian blog. I translated it for you.
I hope you can like it.

Enough.

All together.

And I stopped.
I cried.

Beautiful,👌👌👌
You got a heart of glass or a heart of stone?

Oi!...got far to go have you?!... :lol: