Dreamworld: Spoilers

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Straight_Talker

Dreamworld: Spoilers

#1 Post by Straight_Talker »

With the tour fast approaching, people will be keen to share their experiences and discuss any new snippets of information. I’m sure there’ll be forum members that don’t want to see or hear “spoilers”. Let’s use this space so people can have the choice.

Mods: Delete if you disagree..!
More strobes and BANGING, please!

Marie loves PSB

Re: Dreamworld: Spoilers

#2 Post by Marie loves PSB »

We are not going (we are pipe and slippers minus the pipe now-a-days!) but will look on here. Hope you all have a lovely time. I think they are keeping this tour very quiet at the moment. :)

rashomon

#3 Post by rashomon »

Been waiting for 2 years … will wait for 26 days more before visiting this thread!

Wow! Having typed this out these gigs are literally around the corner. I’m extra excited this time as I have second row seats in the middle front block.

Hopefully it’s going to be a fantastic show
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

Straight_Talker

#4 Post by Straight_Talker »

Enjoy it, Rashimon! I can’t wait, either..!

Nickname

#5 Post by Nickname »

I think this show is going to be more theatrical and camp than the previous one.

Straight_Talker

#6 Post by Straight_Talker »

What makes you say that, Nickname?

greenmile

#7 Post by greenmile »

Wasn't it mentioned somewhere, way back in the before times, that they were going to be having the same band as on the Inner Sanctum tour? The lovely and talented TinaKeys is touring with Ed Sheeran's support act right now and for the next few months, so she obviously won't be a part of it.

Or maybe that was just speculation on our part here.

Dog

#8 Post by Dog »

greenmile wrote:Wasn't it mentioned somewhere, way back in the before times, that they were going to be having the same band as on the Inner Sanctum tour? The lovely and talented TinaKeys is touring with Ed Sheeran's support act right now and for the next few months, so she obviously won't be a part of it.

Or maybe that was just speculation on our part here.
Yes they did say they were planning to use the same band. Clearly there will be some line-up tweaks.
Woof.

euroboy

#9 Post by euroboy »

I will attend the meeting with Berlin at the Mercedes-Benz Arena. There is little left and after two years waiting it even seems incredible. We hope everything goes well. Anyway, I think it's hard to resist seeing the comments on this thread because, although I imagine what the show could be like, it makes me very curious. Hopefully it's like the Performance tour (I doubt it) or Pandemonium.

I hope we have a great time!!!!!

Nickname

#10 Post by Nickname »

Straight_Talker wrote: Tue 26 Apr 2022, 7:58 pm What makes you say that, Nickname?
I've been watching the creations of the new stage designer. His work goes on that direction.

Nickname

#11 Post by Nickname »

euroboy wrote: Wed 27 Apr 2022, 9:28 am I will attend the meeting with Berlin at the Mercedes-Benz Arena. There is little left and after two years waiting it even seems incredible. We hope everything goes well. Anyway, I think it's hard to resist seeing the comments on this thread because, although I imagine what the show could be like, it makes me very curious. Hopefully it's like the Performance tour (I doubt it) or Pandemonium.

I hope we have a great time!!!!!
The best thing they could do is not to try to copy the Performance show. Just becase they don't have the budget they had for it. If you can't improve Performance, try to go to another direction.

Disco.

#12 Post by Disco. »

What are you talking about ?? Ofcourse they have the budget, they are multi millionaires ! The question is if they want to spend the money on it ? And as Neil has said: With Performance they went as far as they wanted with the theatrical experience, there was no reason to take it further, they had achieved what they wanted from it.

Shopper

#13 Post by Shopper »

I think of the recent tours Pandemonium was surely the best (fab screen, props and dancers) Electric and Super tours had significant scaling down and ended up looking a bit similar IMO

But looking at current tours on utube and Billie Ellish concert is just her and a sliding stage and 2 person band! how sparse is that for a current superstar on a sellout arena tour. Even Dupa Lipa for the prices she is charging, had a rather straightforward staging, with maybe a giant screen and ofcourse a million dancers and costumes
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

Nickname

#14 Post by Nickname »

Disco. wrote: Wed 27 Apr 2022, 5:19 pm What are you talking about ?? Ofcourse they have the budget, they are multi millionaires ! The question is if they want to spend the money on it ? And as Neil has said: With Performance they went as far as they wanted with the theatrical experience, there was no reason to take it further, they had achieved what they wanted from it.

The thing is if they make a theatrical show and they don't put a good budget on it, fans are going to remember Performace. You know, Performance was a blockbuster and people want something like that. Not a cheap version of PSB (like on their last albums).

Disco.

#15 Post by Disco. »

Who knows what “People want” You may want that, I may not! They are not going to make something like Performance again, it’s not gonna happen. And wh6 should they ? Performance went as far as it could. It’s not like they have turned up with a microphone and a keyboard, on their tours since Performance, there have been some great shows, which have cost a lot of money to stage, no doubt about that. And if they did a Performance tour again that was 30 years ago, imagine what that would cost today.
The ticket prices would be extraordinary to pay for that, and would you pay for that ?