Dreamworld: Spoilers

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
PopKid78

Re: Dreamworld: Spoilers

#91 Post by PopKid78 »

Nothing from the Noughties

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tenlow

#92 Post by Tenlow »

jules wrote: Tue 10 May 2022, 10:47 pm
Straight_Talker wrote: Tue 10 May 2022, 10:39 pm
Luke Colorado wrote: Tue 10 May 2022, 10:36 pm Only singles. Sigh. Expected, but boring for this fan.
It’s a Greatest Hits tour. Surely you weren’t expecting “Tonight is forever”, “The Survivors”, “A cloud in a box” or the like???
Would be 1000 times better.
Not for the general public at a "Greatest Hits" Tour, as big of a chart topper "The Survivors" was :D
Firing verbal shots like a tommy gun

euroboy

#93 Post by euroboy »

Shows without dancers?

TheGardner
Germany

#94 Post by TheGardner »

Minimal and Greatest Hits, as their last tour should be!!!!!!
Assume Paninaro is one of possibly two tracks, which also are included but will be played on special gigs/venues or to be in exchange to other tracks from the list. (maybe Before is the second one...)

lucienchardon

#95 Post by lucienchardon »

Exciting!! The productions looks fantastic. I hope they keep it the same for the US tour dates though I imagine it might be shorter since they are playing with New Order.

Of the clips I've seen my favorite so far are the intro with the lamp posts and Chris saying, "sooner or later this happens to everyone," Opportunities and Losing my mind. Hopefully there are some clips from I don't know what you want but I can't give it any more and Can you forgive her? out there...

Greatdreamer

#96 Post by Greatdreamer »

No Love etc? Arguably their last commercial „hit“

spacewalker

#97 Post by spacewalker »

As someone who would give almost everything for a concert full of obscure album tracks, b-sides and officially unreleased demo stuff, I think they succeeded to deliver a few oddities even for the concept of Greatest Hits tour. Who would have expected to hear Single or, even more, Losing my mind? Also, nice to see comeback of songs that have been ignored for years like So hard, I don't know what you want but I can't give it any more and Drunk.

montyke

#98 Post by montyke »

I was there and the stage design, the lights and the videos are amazing!

https://www.facebook.com/1105261710/pos ... 96881/?d=n

MikeyC

#99 Post by MikeyC »

For those saying the set list is expected… really??

Losing my mind! Single Bilingual! So hard! I don’t know what you want!

Not really expected! 😎

psbnyc

#100 Post by psbnyc »

MikeyC wrote: Wed 11 May 2022, 12:00 am For those saying the set list is expected… really??

Losing my mind! Single Bilingual! So hard! I don’t know what you want!

Not really expected! 😎
Totally agree! Oh and Drunk!!! Exciting, and it looks really great!

jules

#101 Post by jules »

Tenlow wrote: Tue 10 May 2022, 11:03 pm
Straight_Talker wrote: Tue 10 May 2022, 10:39 pm

It’s a Greatest Hits tour. Surely you weren’t expecting “Tonight is forever”, “The Survivors”, “A cloud in a box” or the like???
Not for the general public at a "Greatest Hits" Tour, as big of a chart topper "The Survivors" was :D
There's no general public, only fans. They should go full b side, non hits or last album tracks. The hype is going down quickly when you hear the old medley version of suburbia. And single and losing my mind were not expected but not that great.
The few people who are not into psb would appreciate the music wether it's old or new.
It would not bother me if they made new versions of old hits like they did with the nightlife tour. Even go west had an awesome part with Neil playing with the keyboard at the end of the song.
Maybe it's only me but i'm excited when i hear new things (rent sounds great) but bored to death when i hear the it's a sin they have played a million times before.

Axonthenet

#102 Post by Axonthenet »

Just been to the concert. Some thoughts:

- I think it’s a clever idea to start a greatest hits concert with a voiceover saying “sooner or later it happens to everyone”. Very PSB.
- I miss the surprises that you usually find in a PSB gig, but since it’s a GH tour it’s obvious the setlist is a bit predictable although there are some unusual tracks
- I found the volume too high, often the music totally buried Neil’s voice
- the stage, the projections and the costumes are great and there is some re-work of old visual ideas
- Just a few merchandise and no tour book

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
-------------------------------------------------
Axonthenet official blog
http://axonthenet.splinder.com

Tenlow

#103 Post by Tenlow »

jules wrote: Wed 11 May 2022, 12:21 am

There's no general public, only fans.
Doubt that on Greatest Hits Tour, honestly. They play big arenas here in Germany e.g. and there won't be 8-12k die-hard fans in there as they don't have that many in that category left any more.
Firing verbal shots like a tommy gun

Luke Colorado

#104 Post by Luke Colorado »

Maybe it's only me but i'm excited when i hear new things (rent sounds great) but bored to death when i hear the it's a sin they have played a million times before.
It’s not only you. All the shows since nightlife have been mostly boring for me. There’s no creativity in medleys or radio versions of their biggest hits.
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

lucienchardon

#105 Post by lucienchardon »

Luke Colorado wrote: Wed 11 May 2022, 12:34 am

It’s not only you. All the shows since nightlife have been mostly boring for me. There’s no creativity in medleys or radio versions of their biggest hits.
Look on the bright side. You can stay home and spend your money on something else that you don't find boring.