Dreamworld: Spoilers

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
G_Goalden

Re: Dreamworld: Spoilers

#121 Post by G_Goalden »

Where are people getting the idea that two extra songs will be added at other (selective) concerts?

For me I like the look of the staging but it seems at odds with promo 'brand' (colours and fonts) and merchandise (a miracles t-shirt?).

At least the 'Super' staging tied in with the circles/globes etc, but from the short clips it looks like it could have been staged at the Donmar Warehouse (this is a good thing btw) and absolutely nothing like the ''mainstream' promo suggested.
Birmingham 1989 | Blackpool & Birmingham 1991| Savoy 1997 | Sheffield 1999 | Middlesbrough 2002 | Manchester 2006/9 | Manchester 2013 | ROH 2016 | RAH 2017 | Manchester 2022

Shopper

#123 Post by Shopper »

What is with the crowd! who sits during Heart :roll:

I thought Singapore was abysmal with no one getting up until the last 2-3 songs (ofcourse my row mates and me, didn't sit one second, much to the guard's chagrin)
I was born in a hospital room with green walls, the doctor who delivered me wore a green overall, so did the nurses hovering around. So much greenery around, its no wonder that it is my favourite colour !

My Blog
On Facebook

Nickname

Re: DREAMWORLD Greatest Hits Tour RESCHEDULED until 2022

#124 Post by Nickname »

andmaste wrote: Wed 11 May 2022, 9:03 am Milan Setlist

Suburbia
Intro of "Dreamland" (a kind of orchestral remix with bits of "Closer to heaven") and then Suburbia (Full Horro Mix, except the final part with instrumental part of the chorus, no trumpet's sound).

Drico One

#125 Post by Drico One »

Shopper wrote: Wed 11 May 2022, 11:19 am What is with the crowd! who sits during Heart :roll:

I thought Singapore was abysmal with no one getting up until the last 2-3 songs (ofcourse my row mates and me, didn't sit one second, much to the guard's chagrin)
The fanbase is elderly now. One must take account of the demographics. That said, the Zimmer frame section was rocking by all accounts. Apparently, you could feel the shuffling.

Drico.
The pale kid that hides in the attic behind his PC...

Suburban_Boy

#126 Post by Suburban_Boy »

That's why I'm happy that Forum Karlin in Prague is (well it was for the last concert) a standing only venue. It's always the case with seated venues that there's an awkward phase of people not standing which can last for a couple of songs or until just towards the end! Also this venue isn't huge, capacity of around 3000 standing so it's sold out and I remember being massively impressed with the sound quality when I saw the previous gig here, so I'm excited for June 8th!

Nickname

#127 Post by Nickname »

When there is not screen led there, it reminds me a bit to the elements of the Trevor Horn concert. The Prince's Trust concert.

303krs

#128 Post by 303krs »

Who is the girl singing with Neil ?

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CdapuSzgyQ ... MyMTA2M2Y=
"...Many roads will cross through many lives
but somehow you survive..."

TallThinMan

#129 Post by TallThinMan »

Is Stuart Price the Musical Director on this tour? The clips I've seen so far seem to be in his style.

Zoops
Germany

#130 Post by Zoops »

303krs wrote: Wed 11 May 2022, 1:17 pm Who is the girl singing with Neil ?
Clare Uchima😎

joe stalin

#131 Post by joe stalin »

jyllinge wrote: Wed 11 May 2022, 9:45 am
greenmile wrote: Tue 10 May 2022, 10:15 pm Here's the track that was playing before they come on stage. Babel (Marco Plex Remix) by Rone.

https://open.spotify.com/track/54y8QNTr ... a977914d98
That is an awesome track! Just made my playlist - thanks :-)
Agreed. Love it

psbfannyc

#132 Post by psbfannyc »

TallThinMan wrote: Wed 11 May 2022, 1:24 pm Is Stuart Price the Musical Director on this tour? The clips I've seen so far seem to be in his style.
I guess we won't know until we see the tour program. Strange that they don't have one.

TheGardner
Germany

#133 Post by TheGardner »

G_Goalden wrote: Wed 11 May 2022, 10:37 am Where are people getting the idea that two extra songs will be added at other (selective) concerts?
Guess it was me only, mentioned that! Answer is: "experiences of an entire fan-life (with the Pet Shop Boys)"

Nickname

#134 Post by Nickname »

The PSB version of "Where the streets have no name?" sounds more U2 this time than ever.

greenmile

#135 Post by greenmile »

TheGardner wrote: Wed 11 May 2022, 2:02 pm
G_Goalden wrote: Wed 11 May 2022, 10:37 am Where are people getting the idea that two extra songs will be added at other (selective) concerts?
Guess it was me only, mentioned that! Answer is: "experiences of an entire fan-life (with the Pet Shop Boys)"
I know it'd be unusual for them to do it, but it would be nice to see them switch different songs in during the course of the tour. it's not like they don't have a massive list to choose from.

And they did change the tracks they played during the encore of the Savoy shows, so there is precedent for it!

But then even U2 do the exact same setlist every show, including the exact same outpourings at the exact same time from Bono between songs.