Glastonbury 2022

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
young.offender

Re: Glastonbury 2022

#76 Post by young.offender »

With Clare it‘s so much better.
They should re-record with her.

Dog

#77 Post by Dog »

The smart money must be on Olly for both Dreamland and then back on again for It’s a sin at the end of the set. Going off previous festival sets What have I wouldn’t be played.
Woof.

joepsb

#78 Post by joepsb »

God I hope they keep Olly away from Its A Sin
The crowd go wild with the current version

TwizzleUK

#79 Post by TwizzleUK »

BBC Glastonbury item earlier showed a clip of the 'Purple Zone' video when promoting it - so perhaps a teaser/spoiler for a Marc Almond/Soft Cell gues spot?

TallThinMan

#80 Post by TallThinMan »

They were just (unexpectedly) on Zoe Ball’s Breakfast Show on Radio 2. Neil just said that there’s a special guest on one song and that it’s pretty obvious who it is, so he’s not going to say. He also said that they'll probably be starting work on the next album after the Unity tour with New Order and that the new musical they wrote during lockdown is another Hans Christian Anderson story and requires a naked actor!
TIERGARTEN's debut album BREAKING POINT is out now: https://linktr.ee/tiergartenmusic

Patrick Bateman

#81 Post by Patrick Bateman »

TallThinMan wrote: Fri 24 Jun 2022, 7:54 am They were just (unexpectedly) on Zoe Ball’s Breakfast Show on Radio 2. Neil just said that there’s a special guest on one song and that it’s pretty obvious who it is, so he’s not going to say. He also said that they'll probably be starting work on the next album after the Unity tour with New Order and that the new musical they wrote during lockdown is another Hans Christian Anderson story and requires a naked actor!

The Emperor's New Clothes?

tottenhammattspurs

#82 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Dog wrote: Thu 23 Jun 2022, 10:23 pm According to their latest post, the Glastonbury show will be “the full production including some extra elements and a special guest”.
The “extra element” will be two hundred flags on fishing rods in the bloody way. 😡
is is and isnt isnt

Undertaker

#83 Post by Undertaker »

I'm going for an outside shot the special guest is Paul McCartney.

canveyboy

#84 Post by canveyboy »

Undertaker wrote: Fri 24 Jun 2022, 8:58 am I'm going for an outside shot the special guest is Paul McCartney.
:lol: :lol:
Its taken me all of my life to find you

rashomon

#85 Post by rashomon »

No doubt it’s Macca … He’ll be given a chair to sit on at the end of the song which will break suddenly as well

Well given they just played Purple Zone before chatting about the special guest it seems likely to me that it will be Marc Almond. Makes sense as well as it’s the most recent thing they’ve done and they might shift a couple more records.

Also mentioned …

- Two albums worth of songs written
- More UK dates for next year will be announced after Glaston
- More European dates eg Paris
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

TallThinMan

#86 Post by TallThinMan »

The special guest is going to be Olly on Dreamland. Surely that's the obvious choice. I don't think it will be Marc on Purple Zone because that's a Soft Cell song.
TIERGARTEN's debut album BREAKING POINT is out now: https://linktr.ee/tiergartenmusic

Dog

#87 Post by Dog »

TallThinMan wrote:The special guest is going to be Olly on Dreamland. Surely that's the obvious choice. I don't think it will be Marc on Purple Zone because that's a Soft Cell song.
You can even tell in the way the song is staged. Neil walks down the right hand stairway, singing. There’s an obvious gap for Olly on the left hand stairs.
Woof.

TallThinMan

#88 Post by TallThinMan »

If it is Olly on Dreamland then I'm just glad that they're reclaiming It's A Sin for themselves.

leesmapman

#89 Post by leesmapman »

Rufus is at Glasto too... Just saying

Patrick Bateman

#90 Post by Patrick Bateman »

I just listened to the clip and yes, it is The Emperor's New Clothes, though their musical is called Naked.

I didn't realise they were mates with Fab Macca Wacky Thumbs Aloft. What is the story behind that?