New version of 'Purple Zone' by Soft Cell and PSB

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
minimal

Re: New version of 'Purple Zone' by Soft Cell and PSB

#16 Post by minimal »

Old Soak wrote: Fri 11 Feb 2022, 5:16 pm
minimal wrote: Fri 11 Feb 2022, 7:54 am I wish they'd rather work or collaborate with new and upcoming artists.

m+
I HATE that. It's an act of desperation by groups trying to be cool and now "For the kidz". I really don't care about them working with whoever is famous for five minutes this week, a Soft Cell collaboration is two great duos from the same era who have gravitas.
Fine for you. As much as I respect Soft Cell the description you offer for this collaboration already bores me af. I'd rather see them collaborate with contemporary, new or upcoming artists and there are MANY around that are great enough. Still, I'm greatful for whatever release. :)

m+

psbfannyc

#17 Post by psbfannyc »

minimal wrote: Mon 14 Feb 2022, 2:15 pm
Old Soak wrote: Fri 11 Feb 2022, 5:16 pm
minimal wrote: Fri 11 Feb 2022, 7:54 am I wish they'd rather work or collaborate with new and upcoming artists.

m+
I HATE that. It's an act of desperation by groups trying to be cool and now "For the kidz". I really don't care about them working with whoever is famous for five minutes this week, a Soft Cell collaboration is two great duos from the same era who have gravitas.
Fine for you. As much as I respect Soft Cell the description you offer for this collaboration already bores me af. I'd rather see them collaborate with contemporary, new or upcoming artists and there are MANY around that are great enough. Still, I'm greatful for whatever release. :)

m+
I do believe they collaborate strategically and they collaborate on what is going to be the most beneficial to their legacy. The song "Thursday" with Example under the guise of Stuart was well written and so different for them (including the well produced quartet samples) and just another fantastic melding of generations like with Dusty and Olly. And this "Queen of Ice (with Dizzy and Claptone)" was just too cool.

Regardless, as we have all seen here: viewtopic.php?t=35467&start=210#p610998 . . .

. . . the first "Greatest Hits" tour (of a band that had its first public single release in 1984) is apparently getting in motion to meet the launch date in Milano on 10 May 2022. I guess we will all have to see if that actually happens given the way the world now works.

onzio

#18 Post by onzio »

psbfannyc wrote: Mon 14 Feb 2022, 2:54 pm
Regardless, as we have all seen here: viewtopic.php?t=35467&start=210#p610998 . . .

. . . the first "Greatest Hits" tour (of a band that had its first public single release in 1984) is apparently getting in motion to meet the launch date in Milano on 10 May 2022. I guess we will all have to see if that actually happens given the way the world now works.
And I'll be there :dance: I'm counting the hours!
The Onzio on Spotify
The Onzio on YouTube
Expressing passion, explaining pain
This is my kind of music

drunk14

#19 Post by drunk14 »

And what is an old version of "Purple Zone"? I guess this is some kind of simplification. They mean that HNO includes "Purple Zone" and it will be also released a single - probably a new version featuring PSB.
I've been around the world for a number of reasons. I've seen it all the change of seasons, and I, my lord, may I say nothing?

onzio

#20 Post by onzio »

drunk14 wrote: Wed 16 Feb 2022, 10:09 am And what is an old version of "Purple Zone"? I guess this is some kind of simplification. They mean that HNO includes "Purple Zone" and it will be also released a single - probably a new version featuring PSB.
Yes it is not a very well done announcement!
I lost a few hours trying to find out on internet when the original version has been released before realizing that it is a new song on their new album that is still unreleased. :grumble:
The Onzio on Spotify
The Onzio on YouTube
Expressing passion, explaining pain
This is my kind of music

scousepsbfan

#21 Post by scousepsbfan »

I read somewhere that the delay in releasing Soft Cell's new album from February to May was because they wanted to add 'some exciting new elements' which may mean that they recorded Purple Zone for the album originally but now want the PSB mix/collaboration on it instead or as an extra. May is shaping up to be a great month for PSB stuff. Might we also get a DIsco 5 style album at this time to coincide with the start of the tour??????
Fight for love or love to fight......

DopeFiend

#22 Post by DopeFiend »

That's so funny, they marketed the remix as a new version but it's being released months before the album.
@softcellhq wrote:Thu 03 Mar 2022, 11:00 amWe are thrilled to announce Soft Cell and @petshopboys’ first-ever joint collaboration, a brand new recording of ‘Purple Zone’.

This amazing pop moment will be released on 22nd March and is available to pre-save now at http://softcell.lnk.to/PurpleZoneTW
@softcellhq wrote:Thu 03 Mar 2022, 11:00 amPhysical formats will be available to pre-order shortly.

Written by #SoftCell, ‘Purple Zone’ is now a duet, with lead vocals from Marc Almond and Neil Tennant and production by Dave Ball and #PetShopBoys.

More to be revealed here very soon!
(Source https://twitter.com/softcellhq/status/1 ... 5292264450)

I'd like to see the tracklist but it doesn't seem to be revealed yet.
Good news for those who collect physical media.
I'm happy to find out the remix does have Neil vocals included.
Release date isn't too far either.

Also notice they say it's the first-ever joint collaboration, that almost implies there could be another. Though I honestly believe it's just marketing spiel to emphasise significance.

psbfannyc

#23 Post by psbfannyc »

Fun times ahead...
Attachments
SC PSB.jpeg
SC PSB.jpeg (72.08 KiB) Viewed 4036 times

negative_0ne

#24 Post by negative_0ne »

looks like an interesting release, to see both these groups together.

later

tottenhammattspurs

#26 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Suburban_Boy wrote: Sun 01 May 2022, 11:57 am Ahhh :lol:

We’re you “para-lyalyaliaised”?
is is and isnt isnt

lucienchardon

#27 Post by lucienchardon »

Does anyone know if Lexer Music sends an email when an item has shipped? I ordered the cd single and It's my first time ordering from them.

The song New Eden on the Soft Cell album is gorgeous.

leesmapman

#28 Post by leesmapman »

I see it's still listed as pre-order on the website.

lucienchardon

#29 Post by lucienchardon »

leesmapman wrote: Sat 07 May 2022, 9:56 pm I see it's still listed as pre-order on the website.
Ok, thanks. They probably don't have them yet.

Sandy Shaw

#30 Post by Sandy Shaw »

Want to hear the Manhatten Clique remixes now!
What's for supper?