Closer To Heaven OCR - Red Vinyl Reissue

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
oakey

Re: Closer To Heaven OCR - Red Vinyl Reissue

#16 Post by oakey »

The shipping cost are not too bad (and probably the actual cost, shipping an LP *within* my country already costs €8, shipping an LP to Russia will also cost me €20) and if one buys more than one copy the shipping cost increase only marginally. The listed shipping cost to Netherlands is also under €21 by the way.

I will pass on this though. Too risky for me, it's available in May 2022 and 21% VAT + custom fee will have to be added. And there is the risk of damage during shipping.

The store seems to sells a lot of 90s music on vinyl that has never been released elsewhere on vinyl records. I am sure they are trustworthy but whether they're 100% legit is another matter.
Last edited by oakey on Sat 18 Dec 2021, 2:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Parkol

#17 Post by Parkol »

So, I was told that this is the official release, the record will come out in May 2022. Universal has given permission to produce this musical. It's available for pre-order now.

Why can't you buy it yourself? I can't figure it out.
To buy 100 grand for yourself and then do the mailing is hell.
I mean, I'll be responsible for the quality of each record, the packaging, and if something goes wrong, the blame will fall on me.

Don't you know that records can be broken at the post office, stolen, and so on? You don't need a middleman here.
These guys are in this business and they have to be responsible for their own products.

There's shipping. I have a lot of other things to do. I order records from England and they get to Russia all right.

Or did I misunderstand you?

oakey

#18 Post by oakey »

Parkol wrote: Sat 18 Dec 2021, 2:34 pm So, I was told that this is the official release, the record will come out in May 2022. Universal has given permission to produce this musical. It's available for pre-order now.

I mean, I'll be responsible for the quality of each record, the packaging, and if something goes wrong, the blame will fall on me.

Don't you know that records can be broken at the post office, stolen, and so on? You don't need a middleman here.
These guys are in this business and they have to be responsible for their own products.

There's shipping. I have a lot of other things to do. I order records from England and they get to Russia all right.

Agree Parkol. A power buy from one person for a few fans (or friends even) in one country may make sense though.

I organized the buying and shipping of the blue 7" that came with German magazine MusikExpress last year, and that not only cost me a lot of time but also a lot of money, as several items were lost because the magazine was completely disorganized and shipped to wrong addresses, wrong countries etc. To not disappoint fans, I financed several of the repurchases and double shipping cost myself. Never again.

Wish

#19 Post by Wish »

Parkol just read the whole thread. Shipping to UK of this release costs 81 pound. And it's only for shipping

Parkol

#20 Post by Parkol »

oakey wrote: Sat 18 Dec 2021, 2:44 pm
Parkol wrote: Sat 18 Dec 2021, 2:34 pm So, I was told that this is the official release, the record will come out in May 2022. Universal has given permission to produce this musical. It's available for pre-order now.

Agree Parkol. A power buy from one person for a few fans (or friends even) in one country may make sense though.

I organized the buying and shipping of the blue 7" that came with German magazine MusikExpress last year, and that not only cost me a lot of time but also a lot of money, as several items were lost because the magazine was completely disorganized and shipped to wrong addresses, wrong countries etc. To not disappoint fans, I financed several of the repurchases and double shipping cost myself. Never again.
Another unpleasant fact about the post office in Russia. It happens that parcels are stolen and, for example, I'll tell you honestly, not all PSB fan club magazines I have received. In Europe they want order and good service. Not everything works well here, so there is no guarantee that you will get all the records in one piece.

I, as an illustrator, sometimes get magazines with my illustrations from England, France. So the magazine from France takes about 45 days. Of course, you can use DHL or UPS, but it will be much more expensive.

Wish

#21 Post by Wish »

oakey wrote: Sat 18 Dec 2021, 2:33 pm I will pass on this though. Too risky for me, it's available in May 2022 and 21% VAT + custom fee will have to be added. And there is the risk of damage during shipping.
They ship international orders from Estonia (where it's manufacturing) so there will be no VAT in EU countries.

new_love

#22 Post by new_love »

Bargain.... :roll:
If life is worth living
It's got to be done

tottenhammattspurs

#23 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Thing is; make this an actual proper release via the website, press 5000 copies and they’ll sell. They’ll sell in 30 mins. I can’t understand why someone at PSB Towers doesn’t do this.
is is and isnt isnt

Disco.

#24 Post by Disco. »

Rights Isssues maybe ?

Parkol

#25 Post by Parkol »

Where is Relentless vinyl?
I don't understand why Elysium was released twice 3 years apart and Relentless was never re-released.

psbfannyc

#26 Post by psbfannyc »

I don't know. I have questions about this. I mean---I doubt they will use the attached artwork if this is real. It is not a "new" musical anymore---21 years later. If this is true---then there must be something bigger happening I think.
Attachments
Closer to Heaven Vinyl Placeholder.jpeg
Closer to Heaven Vinyl Placeholder.jpeg (69.1 KiB) Viewed 2280 times

Future Lover

#27 Post by Future Lover »

This popped up on discogs... Still doesn't look super-credible.
https://www.discogs.com/release/2139287 ... -Recording

DopeFiend

#28 Post by DopeFiend »

Parkol wrote: Sun 19 Dec 2021, 8:17 am Where is Relentless vinyl?
I don't understand why Elysium was released twice 3 years apart and Relentless was never re-released.
Me, I don't understand why Please/Actually/Introspective are out of print.
They should be continuously available. New fans should be able to go to a record shop and buy it. We're all listening to it on streaming services because the albums aren't being produced. All of the main discography should be in production. Can't even buy Super anymore. Other artists you can still buy the back catalogue.

Yarek

#29 Post by Yarek »

Polecam discogs i ebay. Tam jest mnóstwo płyt PSB i Super również :)

oakey

#30 Post by oakey »

DopeFiend wrote: Tue 21 Dec 2021, 1:43 pm
Parkol wrote: Sun 19 Dec 2021, 8:17 am Where is Relentless vinyl?
Me, I don't understand why Please/Actually/Introspective are out of print.
They should be continuously available. New fans should be able to go to a record shop and buy it. We're all listening to it on streaming services because the albums aren't being produced. All of the main discography should be in production. Can't even buy Super anymore. Other artists you can still buy the back catalogue.
I agree that it would be nice but pressing plants are overwhelmed these days and producing vinyl is also getting more and more expensive. Plus you can find any of these albums in excellent condition in every second hand record store for €5. Very sustainable as well.