Annually 2022...."time to get ready"

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
psbfannyc

Annually 2022...."time to get ready"

#1 Post by psbfannyc »

https://www.petshopboys.co.uk/pet-texts ... ly-letters

"5 November 2021

Annually letters

Work will be starting soon on the 2022 issue of “Annually” which, as ever, will include a selection of your letters answered by PSB. So, if you have a question for Chris and Neil, send it in an email by Monday, November 15th, to info@beckerbrown.com. (Alternatively, you could leave a question on Facebook or Twitter.) Details of how to pre-order your copy of Annually will be on this site early next year."

What could they possibly write about for the 2022 edition? I guess covering 1987 as someone commented in another thread. That would be great. What colour of FFP2 masks they wear when shopping at Boots?

oakey

Re: Annually 2022...."time to get ready"

#2 Post by oakey »

The new customs regulations since Brexit make any order from the UK Pet store not very appealing anymore anyway.

But there is nothing to tell indeed apart from nostalgia. I’ll pass unless it’s accompanied by a great CD.

TallThinMan

#3 Post by TallThinMan »

psbfannyc wrote: Sat 06 Nov 2021, 6:31 amWhat could they possibly write about for the 2022 edition? I guess covering 1987 as someone commented in another thread. That would be great. What colour of FFP2 masks they wear when shopping at Boots?
I’m expecting a brief paragraph in the News section:

Pet Shop Boys have written 397 songs for consideration for the next album and other future projects. “There’s been nothing else to do for the last two years” observes Chris.

Suburban_Boy

#4 Post by Suburban_Boy »

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet (apologies if I've just blindly missed it). Seeing as Mr Heath was and is involved with Annually....
Writer and PSB collaborator Chris Heath is interviewed about his books on Pet Shop Boys and Robbie Williams in this interesting podcast. Link below.

smarturl.it/LogrollPodcast

#PetText
I haven't listened to it all yet however despite the host saying in the beginning that the focus changed from being initially PSB to Robbie Williams, the first 40 minutes (of the 67 minute podcast) mainly talk about PSB.

lucienchardon

#5 Post by lucienchardon »

Suburban_Boy wrote: Wed 10 Nov 2021, 6:53 pm Surprised this hasn't been posted yet (apologies if I've just blindly missed it). Seeing as Mr Heath was and is involved with Annually....
Writer and PSB collaborator Chris Heath is interviewed about his books on Pet Shop Boys and Robbie Williams in this interesting podcast. Link below.

#PetText
I haven't listened to it all yet however despite the host saying in the beginning that the focus changed from being initially PSB to Robbie Williams, the first 40 minutes (of the 67 minute podcast) mainly talk about PSB.
It's really good and as you say more than half of it is about PSB. There is an awkward bit where he asks Chris whether he had to suppress anything because Neil wasn't out at the time.

Eleven

#6 Post by Eleven »

It really feels the end is near

greenmile

#7 Post by greenmile »

lucienchardon wrote: Thu 11 Nov 2021, 5:02 pm
Suburban_Boy wrote: Wed 10 Nov 2021, 6:53 pm Surprised this hasn't been posted yet (apologies if I've just blindly missed it). Seeing as Mr Heath was and is involved with Annually....

#PetText
It's really good and as you say more than half of it is about PSB. There is an awkward bit where he asks Chris whether he had to suppress anything because Neil wasn't out at the time.
I felt so embarrassed for him on that bit. He literally couldn't get anything out lol.

lucienchardon

#8 Post by lucienchardon »

Eleven wrote: Sat 13 Nov 2021, 4:50 pm It really feels the end is near
Because of climate change?

psbfannyc

#9 Post by psbfannyc »

lucienchardon wrote: Sat 13 Nov 2021, 7:31 pm
Eleven wrote: Sat 13 Nov 2021, 4:50 pm It really feels the end is near
Because of climate change?
Yes---I guess produce "Annually" as a sustainable Carbon net-zero non-paper and ink .PDF? Is that the end?

raggatwin

#10 Post by raggatwin »

greenmile wrote: Sat 13 Nov 2021, 7:02 pm
lucienchardon wrote: Thu 11 Nov 2021, 5:02 pm

I felt so embarrassed for him on that bit. He literally couldn't get anything out lol.
'Neil came out in the 90s..err'....no mention of Chris.....
Hello my name is Neil Tennant and I'm Chris Lowe and we're of the Pet Shop Boys.

OakeyDokey

#11 Post by OakeyDokey »

Poor Chris H...that must have been half a minute of stumbling and hesitation. There was a red light going off in his head.

"Don't reveal anything to do with Chris L's sexuality...I repeat- don't reveal anything to do with Chris's sesssuality..."

OakeyDokey

#12 Post by OakeyDokey »

But yeah...questions...can't think of any good ones but I hope some folk do and not shit like "Are you sick or are you dying, or won't you soon retire?"

Patrick Bateman

#13 Post by Patrick Bateman »

I haven't read it since it first came out (apologies for the pun) - how did Literally describe Peter Andreas?

y3potential

#14 Post by y3potential »

Patrick Bateman wrote: Mon 15 Nov 2021, 3:15 pm I haven't read it since it first came out (apologies for the pun) - how did Literally describe Peter Andreas?
I haven't got it to hand but in PSB v America I think Pete is described as "Chris' friend". I believe that was the narrative in the early Literally's too
Last edited by y3potential on Mon 15 Nov 2021, 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

TallThinMan

#15 Post by TallThinMan »

Patrick Bateman wrote: Mon 15 Nov 2021, 3:15 pm I haven't read it since it first came out (apologies for the pun) - how did Literally describe Peter Andreas?
Pet Shop Boys’ personal assistant.