PSB are quieter than usual

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
leesmapman

Re: PSB are quieter than usual

#16 Post by leesmapman »

Literally [is] now released in Spanish
[edit] changed it to only Literally
Last edited by leesmapman on Thu 16 Sep 2021, 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zukunft

#17 Post by zukunft »

leesmapman wrote: Thu 16 Sep 2021, 2:05 pm Literally and Vs America are now released in Spanish
It‘s only „Literally“, isn‘t it?

boyjohn

#18 Post by boyjohn »

For anyone who really thinks that Covid is over (hint, it's not), I would suggest you take a perusal at this reddit thread https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward , which documents literally dozens (hundreds?) of people and their journey from covid denial and anti vax/mask meme posts to their (usually eventual) death. Truly a sobering read.
“Unless you consciously include, you will unconsciously exclude”
-Stephen Frost

leesmapman

#19 Post by leesmapman »

zukunft wrote: Thu 16 Sep 2021, 5:17 pm
leesmapman wrote: Thu 16 Sep 2021, 2:05 pm Literally and Vs America are now released in Spanish
It‘s only „Literally“, isn‘t it?
Oh yeah, so it seems. I thought that if the one was translated, the other one would be out too...

Integralist

#20 Post by Integralist »

Tom Angel wrote: Wed 15 Sep 2021, 3:29 pm
Marie loves PSB wrote: Wed 15 Sep 2021, 12:01 pm I think it maybe perhaps they are being really "careful" at the moment. As we keep being told Covid is far from over.
Covid is over but the hysteria remains . Let's hope they are not too caught up in all the BS.
A thousand people died in the UK the other week from covid. But it’s “over”, you say? Try telling that to the grieving families of those people.

Future Lover

#21 Post by Future Lover »

Covid is over but the hysteria remains . Let's hope they are not too caught up in all the BS.
I don't care who you are, what you do, or that you love this band. You deserve to be ostracised and banned from society, since you're clearly living out of it, and reality, anyway. A family member died yesterday, she was only ill for less than two weeks, and younger than both Neil and Chris. Shut your shameful mouth, you monster.

Marie loves PSB

#22 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Future Lover wrote: Wed 22 Sep 2021, 6:36 am
I don't care who you are, what you do, or that you love this band. You deserve to be ostracised and banned from society, since you're clearly living out of it, and reality, anyway. A family member died yesterday, she was only ill for less than two weeks, and younger than both Neil and Chris. Shut your shameful mouth, you monster.
So, sorry to hear this Future Lover.

King1
Great Britain

#23 Post by King1 »

I wonder when the Electric Ballroom gig is ? as many bands have started to play live again,I didn't get a ticket 🤔

DopeFiend

#24 Post by DopeFiend »

Future Lover wrote: Wed 22 Sep 2021, 6:36 am
Aw no..
Here I am thinking let's decompress after a long day of work with some PSB discussion and speculation. But here we are arguing about covid and being aggressive.

Though I agree, Covid is far from over. The Delta variant is essentially a new virus.
Affects different scope of people, much more infectious, much more deadly.
Here in Melbourne, Australia, the case numbers are rapidly rising. People dying every die despite us being in a very harsh lockdown.

Anyway it always amazes me when PSB fans become aggressive. You need to listen to the music more, it's so gentle and unassuming. Upbeat with an inner sadness. I listen to PSB and realign my emotions to where I want to be, having hope and being kind. Or if the mood is right, pure euphoria.

Obviously Tom Angel didn't know about Future Lover's loss. If I ever have a loved one pass away, I can't imagine the first thing I'd want to do is make others feel bad. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Get your vaccine. The vast majority of those hospitalised haven't had it.

They ought to announce something, give us a dangling carrot to hold our attention. If they wait another month it'd basically be a revival once they announce something. Oh PSB? I remember them! I think?
I mean really, the last big thing was in 2019. We're almost in 2022.
Remember the excitement of Decide, reading that it has Chris vocals and he actually sings. Remember all the Hotspot radio promotion. That was all 2 years ago.
Any day now I'm expecting a massive announcement. We know they must be working on something.

Also by the way, anyone notice the Literally translation has a more socially acceptable, covid specific cover.
Neil's mouth and nose are covered.

To me it's interesting to think this is now the way we expect a human face to appear. Mouth covered and obscured.
It's something we automatically find appropriate.

Future Lover

#25 Post by Future Lover »

Thanks for your kind words, Marie.
Thanks for trying to police my posts, DopeFriend. Your awful avatar and the fact you were hidden were a hint I shouldn't have read that. These people need to feel bad, because they are the ones causing this now. Each and every one of them. Even if they are half a world away. I didn't even start the conversation, but glad to shut it down if oblivious and/or clearly evil people are causing harm. Imagine what a POS they are in person if they're like this on an unrelated forum. An anti-vax bastard in Germany shot a woman dead for telling him to put a mask on. This is the breed we're supposed to tolerate while our loved ones die? Oh, it's time to start feeling bad, alright. I shall make no further replies in order not to disturb this fantastically informative thread of thumb twiddling.

TallThinMan

#26 Post by TallThinMan »

DopeFiend wrote: Wed 22 Sep 2021, 10:23 am I mean really, the last big thing was in 2019. We're almost in 2022.
Remember the excitement of Decide, reading that it has Chris vocals and he actually sings. Remember all the Hotspot radio promotion. That was all 2 years ago.
I know it seems like forever ago, but Hotspot came out in January 2020. Just saying.

TallThinMan

#27 Post by TallThinMan »

I might be proved totally wrong by a surprise big announcement, but I get the impression Neil and Chris are rather fixed in terms of some of their thinking around planning. As in although they’ve undoubtedly been working on new material, they’re sticking to plan A of getting the Dreamworld greatest hits and Unity shows done first before releasing a new album. To be fair there are other factors at play around lead times, schedules and booking etc.

It would be lovely to have a new single or EP.

King1
Great Britain

#28 Post by King1 »

Can't see anything happening with them till the greatest hits tour sadly

Parkol

#29 Post by Parkol »

They are at work and the silence is just the calm before the storm.
It just takes a little more time for everything to be recorded properly.
Just wait.

Nickname

#30 Post by Nickname »

In Spain, the situation is really good. I live in the nort of Spain in Asturias, the data of patients with covid is very good. Almost the region with the best data in Europe. Here almost the entire population has been vaccinated and very quickly. Today they are going to eliminate any kind of restriction, except to continue wearing a mask.

I suppose, everything could change if it happens in the rest of the world.