Manufacturers property not for sale

Q&As about collecting and collections, items and value of PSB related material. Discuss new and old PSB collector items.
djx

Manufacturers property not for sale

#1 Post by djx »

I have a few psb items, mainly from the 80's, that have a white sticker on the back stating "MANUFACTURERS PROPERTY NOT FOR SALE".

what is the deal with these, are they promos, or something else, does it affect the value of the item at all.
I've picked up another copy of introspective (3x 12" edition) because it was ridiculously cheap and this has the sticker on it.

Marie loves PSB

Re: Manufacturers property not for sale

#2 Post by Marie loves PSB »

I won a Montage DVD off VH-1 Channel a long time ago and as my poor memory serves me I think it has a sticker saying - Promo copy not for sale. I bought some Pet Shop Boys 12" records in the past that had not for sale stickers on them. It doesn't make much sense to me as I "bought" them. I.e. They say they are "not for sale". All I can think is that at sometime some had these from the company they were made/came from and have now got rid of them. I cannot complain though as I would never had the chance to have had them otherwise. :D

retrofuturist

#3 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

All this means is that they're giving it away for "promotional" purposes, and they want to see it used for its intended purpose, not commercially resold. I've never heard of any instance of any record company asking for their promos back.

Retro. :)
"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)

redsock

#4 Post by redsock »

How many of you have items with a promoter sticker that says "Kevin McCabe" on it? Did he actually promote stuff or just sell the stuff as soon as he got sent them, because the record shops always had loads? 😄

djx

#5 Post by djx »

these are the stickers i'm talking about
Attachments
180056730846.jpg
180056730846.jpg (16.65 KiB) Viewed 5394 times
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (72.76 KiB) Viewed 5394 times