Pet Shop Boys - Electric Ballroom

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Dog

Re: Pet Shop Boys - Electric Ballroom

#61 Post by Dog »

Woof.

rashomon

#62 Post by rashomon »

Any ideas on timings for doors and when the boys will be on stage? I've got a friend coming up and with all the train disruption trying to plan ahead as best as I can.

Not sure anything has been communicated officially yet.

EDIT: Just noted in the email - doors at 19:00
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

Sandy Shaw

#63 Post by Sandy Shaw »

I'm guessing stage time 8.15!
What's for supper?

herts101

#64 Post by herts101 »

My +1 is suddenly not available to make the concert on Friday. So I have a spare ticket.

If you can definitely get there around 6 then please drop me a PM and we can arrange to meet in the queue.

First PM (not message in this thread) gets the ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

herts101

#65 Post by herts101 »

herts101 wrote:My +1 is suddenly not available to make the concert on Friday. So I have a spare ticket.

If you can definitely get there around 6 then please drop me a PM and we can arrange to meet in the queue.

First PM (not message in this thread) gets the ticket.

Ticket now gone.

tucky101

#66 Post by tucky101 »

I’ve just had this email.

I suspect because of the train strikes people are cancelling

As much as would love to go, I’m based in Cambridgeshire and I don’t want to risk getting stranded overnight in London if there are no trains back and Im not confident enough to drive into London.

☹️

Thank you for your kind donation as part of the Passport: Back to Our Roots campaign.

I’m writing to you with some (last minute!) GOOD NEWS! Whilst your entry was unsuccessful in the first draw, some ticket winners are now unable to make the show. Your entry was next on our reserve list, and I am delighted to inform you that you’ve won entry for you and a guest to see Pet Shop Boys at Electric Ballroom, Camden tomorrow Friday the 24th of June 2022!

Woohoo! What should I do now?

You need to RSVP to us to accept your prize. To RSVP, just reply to this email and let me know you’d like to attend. Please also provide me with your full name, as stated on your photo ID.
   
How do I gain entry?

We will send all the information you need to gain entry to the show. Please note, you will need ID to gain entry and your name will be checked off a guestlist. There are no tickets. No tickets = no touting. 

rashomon

Pet Shop Boys - Electric Ballroom

#67 Post by rashomon »

Hey tucky101

A suggestion for you

Drive down the M11 and park up near one of the tube stations positioned in North London (Barnet perhaps?) … then tube down to Camden.

Worth considering …

tucky101

#68 Post by tucky101 »

rashomon wrote: Thu 23 Jun 2022, 1:35 pm Hey tucky101

A suggestion for you

Drive down the M11 and park up near one of the tube stations positioned in North London (Barnet perhaps?) … then tube down to Camden.

Worth considering … Image
I’ve literally just driven down to my local train station to ask what the score is - there is a Sunday service tomorrow and trains til late. There were actually a train leaving the station when I was there.

So I’m going!

rashomon

#69 Post by rashomon »

Awesome news!

Yup … you won the golden ticket and you don’t wanna miss this one!

I’m really hoping for a surprise twist but not expecting it … after all this tour seems to be running like a Swiss watch

… can’t wait regardless!

y3potential

#70 Post by y3potential »

Apologies if this question has been posed before, but does anyone know if the Electric Ballroom gig is a one off and unique performance like the Royal Albert Hall one or the Dreamworld presentation..?
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

Harry

#71 Post by Harry »

y3potential wrote: Thu 23 Jun 2022, 7:39 pm Apologies if this question has been posed before, but does anyone know if the Electric Ballroom gig is a one off and unique performance like the Royal Albert Hall one or the Dreamworld presentation..?
The "Pet Shop Boys Surprise" gig in 2019 was literally a warm-up for the Hyde Park show the following night.

I am certain the Electric Ballroom show will be a warm-up for Glastonbury, minus the visuals because of the small venue. It'll be quite a unique experience, Surprise was, so I can't wait. See you there, those who are going!

PS: In a small venue, the Pet Shop Boys are LOUD.
Heaven is possible,
AFTER ALL.

Dog

#72 Post by Dog »

Harry wrote:
y3potential wrote: Thu 23 Jun 2022, 7:39 pm Apologies if this question has been posed before, but does anyone know if the Electric Ballroom gig is a one off and unique performance like the Royal Albert Hall one or the Dreamworld presentation..?
The "Pet Shop Boys Surprise" gig in 2019 was literally a warm-up for the Hyde Park show the following night.

I am certain the Electric Ballroom show will be a warm-up for Glastonbury, minus the visuals because of the small venue. It'll be quite a unique experience, Surprise was, so I can't wait. See you there, those who are going!

PS: In a small venue, the Pet Shop Boys are LOUD.
I think the same. It’s listed as a Dreamworld tour date. At most I could imagine them using it to rehearse any special elements they will be adding for the Glasto show, such as special guests. But it would be amazing if they added a one-off song, like Paninaro.
Woof.

Dog

#73 Post by Dog »

According to their latest post, it’s “an intimate version of their Dreamworld festival setlist”. I wonder if space restrictions will mean they won’t have the big screen. It might essentially just be them and the band.
Woof.

rashomon

#74 Post by rashomon »

Excellent! Definitely need some visuals to go with this show … they are just too good and really add to the overall impact

Shlomogo

#75 Post by Shlomogo »

hi there
can I be the +1 of someone?
[Edited by forum admin - please don't post phone numbers]
Shlomogo@gmail.com
best regards
Shlomo