DREAMWORLD Greatest Hits Tour 2022, 2023 & now 2024

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
rashomon

Re: DREAMWORLD Greatest Hits Tour RESCHEDULED until 2021

#46 Post by rashomon »

And right now I’d be stuck in a queue of thousands waiting to catch a Jubilee line heading northbound

The times they have a-changed
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

Pod

#47 Post by Pod »

Yep - would’ve been in Manchester tonight. Oh well...
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

Willowrpe

#48 Post by Willowrpe »

my Newcastle concert should have been tonight now I am going to have to wait almost a year until I see them now

tottenhammattspurs

#49 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

I am not holding out much hope that the rescheduled 2021 gigs will happen. Six months of early closing in the UK and extended furlough. Not a hope that this'll be gone by May 2021...
is is and isnt isnt

Gabby

#51 Post by Gabby »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Thu 24 Sep 2020, 2:50 pm I am not holding out much hope that the rescheduled 2021 gigs will happen. Six months of early closing in the UK and extended furlough. Not a hope that this'll be gone by May 2021...
I think you might be right.

We're a full 7 months into when everything really started to hit the fan. Another 7 months takes up to April 2021.

How much further along are we right now? (rhetorical question).

glennjridge

#52 Post by glennjridge »

Yeah, its going to be a slow drizzle ending to all of this rather than an abrupt one. but when it is over, I think once the jitters passes and people get confident again, I think people are going to appreciate travel, and concerts more than they ever did. I know I will. as for now,
I'm working, shopping (mask of course).

maybe all along thats all it took. one wonders how different things would have been if we never locked down but just wore masks and social distanced. the numbers would have been higher but the disastrous effects on the economy might have been more muted. where I work, they let go of 300 employees. 300!

Suburban_Boy

#53 Post by Suburban_Boy »

So, what are we thinking now? Was just announced that Glastonbury 2021 is cancelled and I suspect for at least the first half of the year, no concerts will be taking place in the UK or throughout mainland Europe. I have a ticket for June 8th in Prague, but if I was a betting man, I'd probably put money on it not happening.

Apologies anyone who clicked this thread in a panic thinking PSB 2021 dates were cancelled! They aren't, yet.

psbfannyc

#54 Post by psbfannyc »

Suburban_Boy wrote: Thu 21 Jan 2021, 1:21 pm So, what are we thinking now? Was just announced that Glastonbury 2021 is cancelled and I suspect for at least the first half of the year, no concerts will be taking place in the UK or throughout mainland Europe. I have a ticket for June 8th in Prague, but if I was a betting man, I'd probably put money on it not happening.

Apologies anyone who clicked this thread in a panic thinking PSB 2021 dates were cancelled! They aren't, yet.
Sadly...no concerts here in mainland Europe for all of 2021. Ugh. What a nightmare and it just continues.

Nickname

#55 Post by Nickname »

Suburban_Boy wrote: Thu 21 Jan 2021, 1:21 pm Apologies anyone who clicked this thread in a panic thinking PSB 2021 dates were cancelled! They aren't, yet.
I don't think PSB should play a concert before July.

Marie loves PSB

#56 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Nickname wrote: Thu 21 Jan 2021, 1:39 pm
Suburban_Boy wrote: Thu 21 Jan 2021, 1:21 pm Apologies anyone who clicked this thread in a panic thinking PSB 2021 dates were cancelled! They aren't, yet.
I don't think PSB should play a concert before July.
I'm really not sure - They recon the Olympics are still going to happen this year.

tottenhammattspurs

#57 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

It ain’t gonna happen. 2022 now. If they even bother at all to be honest...
is is and isnt isnt

PETHEAD72

#58 Post by PETHEAD72 »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Thu 21 Jan 2021, 4:40 pm It ain’t gonna happen. 2022 now. If they even bother at all to be honest...
I'm thinking exactly the same
You got a heart of glass or a heart of stone?

Oi!...got far to go have you?!... :lol:

romy

#59 Post by romy »

In my opinion,the US Tour have a chance to occur,because they will vaccinate like crazy.And then,in June or so,things looks better.

The European Leg looks more difficult,because of the stupid politicans in the EU.But,if its possible with dates ,I still have hope for 2021.

rashomon

#60 Post by rashomon »

The problem with the European dates is the lead time required ...

The first date is 11th May in Amsterdam and I imagine they would need about four weeks prior to get things polished enough to take the show on the road ... just guessing!

I also believe crew will need certain visas to travel / work in Europe to make an already difficult situation even more complicated.

On a positive note the stage design, visuals/projections, track programming etc are probably already done and ready to go ...

The Unity tour has a better chance for sure...
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional