New Pet Shop Order Boys

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Oznerol

Re: New Pet Shop Order Boys

#271 Post by Oznerol »

psbnyc wrote: Wed 14 Sep 2022, 2:14 am I can’t believe this is happening next week - I will see them at Barclays Center in NYC on Sept 23rd!

On my ticket, it says New Order & Pet Shop Boys - does that mean that New Order will perform first or??

I´ll be there too..and Philly and Madison..my first time on NYC, and going to a PSB concert outside my country!
I wonder how many people from here, people I know from years or maybe decades, I´ll be side by side going there.. but I´ll never know becuase I never see your faces!
If you know any good music stores around NYC, where to get some nice stuff, let me know! ;)
This is not my signature.

Pod

#272 Post by Pod »

I’m on the beg! Is there anyone who could get me a litho from the unity tour if they sell them please (not the current dreamworld one)? Goes without saying I’d pay all shipping to UK, customs etc along with the price of the item itself. If you can, please PM me!
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

NotInvisible

#273 Post by NotInvisible »

Luke Colorado wrote: Wed 14 Sep 2022, 3:01 pm Oh lord. Exactly what i feared.
Obviously both bands are going to bring 'greatest hits' shows for a tour like this. It's the smart thing to do.

ChoonHound

#274 Post by ChoonHound »

NotInvisible wrote: Wed 14 Sep 2022, 11:43 pm
Obviously both bands are going to bring 'greatest hits' shows for a tour like this. It's the smart thing to do.

Why? The tickets are sold. It’ll probably never happen again. It wasn’t billed as a “greatest hits” show. Why is it the “smart thing to do?”
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

james23_uk

#275 Post by james23_uk »

Luke Colorado wrote: Wed 14 Sep 2022, 11:55 pm
NotInvisible wrote: Wed 14 Sep 2022, 11:43 pm

Why? The tickets are sold. It’ll probably never happen again. It wasn’t billed as a “greatest hits” show. Why is it the “smart thing to do?”
Half the audience will be there to see New Order and be, at best, casual PSB fans. It makes sense to play greatest hits therefore and most likely these shows will be a shortened version of the recent GH setlist, possibly with another track or two thrown in for some variety.
at rock bottom :wall:

ChoonHound

#276 Post by ChoonHound »

That’s a decent point.
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

billjermaine

#277 Post by billjermaine »

The new single. :lol:

Meebabi

#278 Post by Meebabi »

I am absolutely beyond excited for the Toronto show. They’ve been my favourite musical artists since I was 10 (I’m 46 now)!! This will be the first time I get to see them live. I feel so grateful to be able to go, though also sad that I’ve missed so many other great tours. At least there are the DVDs & YouTube videos.

NotInvisible

#279 Post by NotInvisible »

james23_uk wrote: Thu 15 Sep 2022, 12:35 amHalf the audience will be there to see New Order and be, at best, casual PSB fans. It makes sense to play greatest hits therefore and most likely these shows will be a shortened version of the recent GH setlist, possibly with another track or two thrown in for some variety.
It's exactly this.They'll both play festival set lists designed to remind the non-fans in the audience how many bangers they have and hopefully win a few converts.

Choliux

#280 Post by Choliux »

Those going to the show on Saturday in Toronto, can you please post pictures of the merch? I assume it will be the same as Dreamworld but would also love to see new shirt designs! Thanks!!

Dog

#281 Post by Dog »

Choliux wrote:Those going to the show on Saturday in Toronto, can you please post pictures of the merch? I assume it will be the same as Dreamworld but would also love to see new shirt designs! Thanks!!
I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s some new Unity merchandise. They already have the logo / identity.
Woof.

psbfannyc

#282 Post by psbfannyc »

I wonder if Johnny Marr will play with NO and PSB at Madison Square Garden on 28 September?

tottenhammattspurs

#283 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Unity merch now available in the online store.
is is and isnt isnt

Choliux

#284 Post by Choliux »

I hope PSB brings the Dreamland tourbook and other goodies as well!

Zoops

#285 Post by Zoops »

Well, I don't know it but I guess they will play their festival setlist. Perhaps with some changes... I hope so. I can' t imagine they are playing Electronic stuff or Subculture. I' m a long time fan and I missed only performance (because I broke my leg one day before the concert in Berlin), Discovery and the university tour. I've heard all their hits several times. I've seen the Dreamworld tour twice and it' s still amazing to hear the songs live. Forget everything you have seen on YouTube. If you are a fan the best best advice I can give you is: go to see them.
And yes, I guess they will sell the Dreamworld tour merch also. There are also the places of the unity tour on the shirts...
I' m a bit jealous here in Europe that you have the chance to see PSB & New Order & DJ. Enjoy it. ❤️👍🎤🎶🎹💯