New Pet Shop Order Boys

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Rorie

Re: New Pet Shop Order Boys

#286 Post by Rorie »

It is the festival set list minus Go West. Nineteen songs.

Merch - no tour book. Merch seems to be handled by Warner Music. The boxes of shirts all said Warner Music on them.

There was a Canadian Flag PSB Sweatshirt. But other than that, everything else you can get online.

I really think that Warner was left to their own devices to design all the merch. Warner is New Order's record label.

Rorie

#287 Post by Rorie »

In Toronto Vocal kind of fell flat to start. For a thumper of a tune, the crowd did not seem to get into it until Neil started to clap his hands. Then they started to dance to it.

I think at least 2/3rds of the crowd were New Order fans. Every time I spoke to someone, they seemed to be New Order fans. But everyone seemed to enjoy the PSB, especially the classic tunes.

psbnyc

#288 Post by psbnyc »

Did anybody buy the Gold experience - and what were the benefits, apart from getting a great seat?

Rorie

#289 Post by Rorie »

You got some sort of pin. Gold sort of laynard VIP Badge. But no meet and greet. Plus it came with I think better seats.

Meebabi
Canada

#290 Post by Meebabi »

psbnyc wrote: Sun 18 Sep 2022, 2:45 pm Did anybody buy the Gold experience - and what were the benefits, apart from getting a great seat?
This is what is included in the VIP Gold pkg (copied from Ticketmaster):

Includes 1 premium reserved ticket in the first
25 rows OR 1 GA ticket with priority access,
Pre-show VIP Gold Lounge, including: light
appetizers, 2 drink tickets, photo booth, and
more,** Commemorative VIP lounge laminate,
Unity Tour poster, Unity Tour enamel pin, Pre-
show merch shopping, Early entry into the
building, VIP check-in and on-site host. **Beer, wine and soft drinks included.

FYI- to anyone thinking of buying tickets to any of the shows, shop around for the best prices! One site had front Center stage selling for $40,000!!!! Meanwhile elsewhere seats in the same location were around $1,100. Insane.

Suburban_Boy

#291 Post by Suburban_Boy »

Meebabi wrote: Fri 23 Sep 2022, 12:02 pm One site had front Center stage selling for $40,000!!!! Meanwhile elsewhere seats in the same location were around $1,100. Insane.
Both absolutely insane, but yes, different levels of insanity! :?

Shopper

#292 Post by Shopper »

Meebabi wrote: Fri 23 Sep 2022, 12:02 pm
psbnyc wrote: Sun 18 Sep 2022, 2:45 pm Did anybody buy the Gold experience - and what were the benefits, apart from getting a great seat?

FYI- to anyone thinking of buying tickets to any of the shows, shop around for the best prices! One site had front Center stage selling for $40,000!!!! Meanwhile elsewhere seats in the same location were around $1,100. Insane.
LOL! wants to pay off some serious loans
I was born in a hospital room with green walls, the doctor who delivered me wore a green overall, so did the nurses hovering around. So much greenery around, its no wonder that it is my favourite colour !

My Blog
On Facebook

Disco.

#293 Post by Disco. »

Seeing that the remasters are back in stock on the official site both cd and vinyl, so a repressing.Nice.

spooky

#294 Post by spooky »

Meebabi wrote: Fri 23 Sep 2022, 12:02 pm
for $40K, they better have a way to transport you back in time to see both bands in their heyday at the very least. fortunately, i did get to see NO a few times in the 80's as well as the 90's. with the PSB's, i got to see them a few times for their Performance Tour, as well as the Nightlife, and Release Tours. put all those shows together, and i spent less than $40K(imagine that). :)

Meebabi
Canada

#295 Post by Meebabi »

Deleting post as it’s in the wrong thread 🙂.
Last edited by Meebabi on Sun 25 Sep 2022, 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meebabi
Canada

#296 Post by Meebabi »

[/quote]

for $40K, they better have a way to transport you back in time to see both bands in their heyday at the very least. fortunately, i did get to see NO a few times in the 80's as well as the 90's. with the PSB's, i got to see them a few times for their Performance Tour, as well as the Nightlife, and Release Tours. put all those shows together, and i spent less than $40K(imagine that). :)
[/quote]

Ha! Agreed. I’d definitely love to own my own Tardis & go back in time to see the other tours. The Unity Tour is the first time I’ve actually had to opportunity to see them live. Saw the first tour date in Toronto & will see the last in Vancouver. Both for WELL under $40k.

tottenhammattspurs

#297 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

leesmapman wrote: Mon 24 Feb 2020, 4:38 pm
britboy wrote: Mon 24 Feb 2020, 4:34 pm Would be bloody brilliant if they played "Getting Away With It"....😎
I hope you won't be dissappointed
NARRATOR:- They were disappointed.
is is and isnt isnt

DopeFiend

#298 Post by DopeFiend »

There's a pet text, they'll be giving away 4 signed set lists through a competition.
We haven't had a competition in a while!
I love how this incorporates New Order in a way, because New Order have a tradition of giving out set lists at the end of their concerts. (It's happened in the multiple times I've seen them live and fans on their forum often post about it)
Set lists of course being a print out of the tracks to be performed so the band know what is next. My favourite part of them is they tend to abbreviate the song titles, for instance Bizarre Love Triangle is BLT in their setlist.
With PSB they'll call You Only Tell Me You Love Me When You're Drunk just Drunk.
Anyway we'll what the specific details are later, and who knows if someone here will win.

Luke Colorado

#299 Post by Luke Colorado »

Lol@ them needing to print out a setlist that never changes.
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

spooky

#300 Post by spooky »

Luke Colorado wrote: Fri 30 Sep 2022, 1:05 am Lol@ them needing to print out a setlist that never changes.
makes sense with those of us who have a horrible short term memory. sometimes in instances where you're playing live, you can easily get distracted as well. it's nice to have a quick glance down to see what's next. the same could be said when trying to remember song lyrics, or notes to play on instruments. sometimes you just blank out randomly. i applaud people who don't have to rely on teleprompters for lyrics, or sheet music, and play a full set without errors. that wasn't a knock on Barney, or Chris btw.