New Pet Shop Order Boys

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
OakeyDokey

Re: New Pet Shop Order Boys

#256 Post by OakeyDokey »

Any more traction to the rumour that they'll do some joint shows in the UK next year?

rashomon

#257 Post by rashomon »

We have two threads on the go covering the Unity tour ... which one will have spoilers?
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

psbnyc

#258 Post by psbnyc »

I can’t believe this is happening next week - I will see them at Barclays Center in NYC on Sept 23rd!

On my ticket, it says New Order & Pet Shop Boys - does that mean that New Order will perform first or??

Angi
United States of America

#259 Post by Angi »

psbnyc wrote: Wed 14 Sep 2022, 2:14 am I can’t believe this is happening next week - I will see them at Barclays Center in NYC on Sept 23rd!

On my ticket, it says New Order & Pet Shop Boys - does that mean that New Order will perform first or??
I think if New Order is listed first, that means they're headlining, so PSB will be first.

Did anyone else just get their showtime changed? I just got an email that the Minneapolis show has been moved up half an hour earlier. Never seen that before, wonder what caused it.

Luke Colorado

#260 Post by Luke Colorado »

I got that email for Philly. Could be curfews/noise abatement laws.
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

MikeyC

#261 Post by MikeyC »

psbnyc wrote: Wed 14 Sep 2022, 2:14 am I can’t believe this is happening next week - I will see them at Barclays Center in NYC on Sept 23rd!

I’ll be there as well! 😎

Meebabi
Canada

#262 Post by Meebabi »

Angi wrote: Wed 14 Sep 2022, 2:39 am
psbnyc wrote: Wed 14 Sep 2022, 2:14 am
Did anyone else just get their showtime changed? I just got an email that the Minneapolis show has been moved up half an hour earlier. Never seen that before, wonder what caused it.
I am going to the show in Toronto & was also notified of an earlier start time.

NotInvisible

#263 Post by NotInvisible »

Curious to see if there will be Unity tour merch or if they'll just bring the Dreamworld swag - especially re: a program.

psbnyc

#264 Post by psbnyc »

MikeyC wrote: Wed 14 Sep 2022, 8:17 am

I’ll be there as well! 😎
I bought the Gold ticket so excited to see what that entails, apparently a VIP lounge and some drinks etc.... Next week!!

Dog

#265 Post by Dog »

From the latest Pet Text featuring the “Lamp Posts” flight case, I think we can safely deduce the PSB Unity Tour show will be based on Dreamworld.
Woof.

Luke Colorado

#266 Post by Luke Colorado »

Oh lord. Exactly what i feared.
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

blureu

#267 Post by blureu »

How so? What's the connection? Thanks.
Dog wrote: Wed 14 Sep 2022, 11:39 am From the latest Pet Text featuring the “Lamp Posts” flight case, I think we can safely deduce the PSB Unity Tour show will be based on Dreamworld.

Dog

#268 Post by Dog »

blureu wrote:How so? What's the connection? Thanks.
Dog wrote: Wed 14 Sep 2022, 11:39 am From the latest Pet Text featuring the “Lamp Posts” flight case, I think we can safely deduce the PSB Unity Tour show will be based on Dreamworld.
Because the Dreamworld show uses two lamp posts as a main design element.
Woof.

Angi
United States of America

#269 Post by Angi »

blureu wrote: Wed 14 Sep 2022, 3:46 pm How so? What's the connection? Thanks.
As the previous reply said, they are re-using their set pieces from Dreamworld. Also if you look at the photo of their equipment cases, on the "Lamp Posts" label if you zoom in, it's blurry but you can kind of tell that it says "DREAMWORLD TOUR" on the sticker (under their name).

Native

#270 Post by Native »

What a fabulous concept in store for US fans. I envy the 150,000+ fans who'll get to experience this. Having seen Dreamworld and and the last UK New Order dates, this should be phenomenal.