US TOUR

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
NotInvisible

Re: US TOUR

#181 Post by NotInvisible »

Danimal wrote: Sun 18 Sep 2022, 2:25 pm I just checked in my accounting software and tickets to New Order's 2020 residency in Miami cost $60 per fees included. This was to see them at the 2,700 capacity Jackie Gleason Theatre. Tickets to the Unity tour cost $151 per ticket fees included to see both acts at the 15,800 capacity Huntington Bank Pavilion in Chicago. In Miami New Order played 17 to 18 songs per night, but on this tour it's 14. So, I'm paying more to see these two acts together, but the sets are shorter and the venues less intimate. I can see how this is a great deal for New Order and Pet Shop Boys as they're playing much larger arenas than either could support on their own, but for the fans it would be less expensive to see each act seperately, the venues would be smaller thus more desirable, and the setlists would be much longer.
Right. So the fans, knowing what the show is, can then make the decision to attend or not. I don't see the issue here.

eastendboy

#182 Post by eastendboy »

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I’m personally grateful that Chris and Neil are still touring and they both seem to enjoy it.

Choosing a set list that every fan would like is not easy as I’m sure there are songs that some fans want to see and other fans would like songs dropped and replaced with others.

If Neil joins New Order on stage or Barney joins PSB it will be on the final date of this tour. As much as we would all like to see this it’s unlikely to happen but you never know.

I’m seeing dreamworld for a 2nd time at Wembley next year and as much as I would like more tracks dropped in it’s difficult for Chris and Neil to do this as visuals are created for each song.

It may be different for rock bands to do this as they be able to change set lists without too much hassle.

I’ve heard very dodgy about the possibility of gigs in Manchester and London next year and if PSB and New Order get along with each other who knows if the tour will be extended to other countries next year.

I hope that any fans who are lucky enough to see Chris and Neil on this current tour has a great time.

Let’s enjoy it all while it lasts.

Waffleon

#183 Post by Waffleon »

This thread is nicer than the other one. I really hope everyone has a great time too.

Meebabi

#184 Post by Meebabi »

Meebabi wrote: Sun 18 Sep 2022, 2:42 pm
rashomon wrote: Sun 18 Sep 2022, 12:56 pm
Rorie wrote: Sun 18 Sep 2022, 11:04 am Merch is being handled it seems by Warner Music, as every box I saw had Warner all over it. And it looks like the design of the merch was done by Warner. Other than a red Canadian Flag PSB sweatshirt, I did not see anything that is not being sold online.
Got any images of the Canadian Flag sweatshirt Rorie?
Sorry, I’m not the best photographer. I didn’t get one (which I kind of regret), as it was $100.
My apologies, I just noticed my pic didn’t post for some reason. Long time lurker on this site, but only recently created an account so still unfamiliar with how to post stuff on here. 🙂

ChoonHound

#185 Post by ChoonHound »

It’s true. It devolved rather quickly.
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

Shopper

#186 Post by Shopper »

eastendboy wrote: Mon 19 Sep 2022, 12:48 am Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I’m personally grateful that Chris and Neil are still touring and they both seem to enjoy it.

Choosing a set list that every fan would like is not easy as I’m sure there are songs that some fans want to see and other fans would like songs dropped and replaced with others.

If Neil joins New Order on stage or Barney joins PSB it will be on the final date of this tour. As much as we would all like to see this it’s unlikely to happen but you never know.

I’m seeing dreamworld for a 2nd time at Wembley next year and as much as I would like more tracks dropped in it’s difficult for Chris and Neil to do this as visuals are created for each song.

It may be different for rock bands to do this as they be able to change set lists without too much hassle.

I’ve heard very dodgy about the possibility of gigs in Manchester and London next year and if PSB and New Order get along with each other who knows if the tour will be extended to other countries next year.

I hope that any fans who are lucky enough to see Chris and Neil on this current tour has a great time.

Let’s enjoy it all while it lasts.
well said...i hope and pray there is an asian tour
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

RyaB

#187 Post by RyaB »

We were front row and center for the show in Toronto. Had an amazing time, and met some lovely Petheads from all over the world in the audience. The gal beside us came from Chile, for example!
Neil and The Pop Kids smiled and laughed a few times when they saw my front-row craziness, and I even managed to get Chris to crack a smile at the end as they walked off when I hollered at them both, "YOU RULE! YOU KNOW YOU RULE, DON'T YOU?!"
Snagged both the gold & silver poster, two cool golden tickets, enamel badges, and five new PSB t-shirts. It was a great event, all around! We left Budweiser Stage very pleased (and with beautifully sore feet, after dancing for three hours).

lucienchardon

#188 Post by lucienchardon »

I've probably missed this but does anyone know if they are selling the tour program?

Meebabi

#189 Post by Meebabi »

lucienchardon wrote: Tue 20 Sep 2022, 2:01 am I've probably missed this but does anyone know if they are selling the tour program?
Unfortunately no tour program. At least, not as of yet.

spooky

#190 Post by spooky »

lucienchardon wrote: Tue 20 Sep 2022, 2:01 am I've probably missed this but does anyone know if they are selling the tour program?
according to another post in a different thread, there's no Tour Program being offered this time around.

MikeyC

#191 Post by MikeyC »

A question I don’t think has been asked or pondered… why do you think at this time - the North American Unity Tour shows - they finally retired “Go West” (at least for now)?? Are they sick of performing it? They feel the Canadians and Americans won’t miss it?? I’m so curious!!

Also: Does anyone think they may re-add “New York City Boy” to the set list of the two New York shows?? 😎

Rorie

#192 Post by Rorie »

Did the Boston show go off OK? I saw some sort of post about severe weather and asking people to get under the structure or go to their cars?

conradseward

#193 Post by conradseward »

The PSB portion was delayed by a few minutes. Here are my impressions of the show.

Paul Oakenfold’s sets added a lot of energy. Although his second set was cut short due to weather. I though NO was great. The Richard X version of BLT was a highlight, but the whole set was brilliant.

I thought the Boys were good. Although I thought the first few songs lacked some energy. I did not love the new mix of Suburbia. But after the first few songs it was good. One minor compliant was that it seemed the bass was mixed very loudly. Too much. And this is coming from someone who loves the bass. Or the computed generated bass. Not musically technically proficient.

I thought NO was better than PSB, but this is the first time for me seeing NO and the eighth for PSB, so that might be coloring my impression. No regrets going. This is probably once in a lifetime. Looking forward to NYC next week.

As a bonus we met Phil Cunningham and Paul Oakenfold at the hotel. We also heard parts of the sound check. Unforgettable night.

NotInvisible

#194 Post by NotInvisible »

conradseward wrote: Tue 20 Sep 2022, 11:47 pmI did not love the new mix of Suburbia.
People were complaining there were no new mixes...

lucienchardon

#195 Post by lucienchardon »

spooky wrote: Tue 20 Sep 2022, 6:47 am
according to another post in a different thread, there's no Tour Program being offered this time around.
Thanks