US TOUR

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Danimal

Re: US TOUR

#151 Post by Danimal »

Well, HeatherBurning, who first announced this joint tour and seems to have been a PSB insider, promised in a now deleted post that neither set would be a truncated one. We now know this was a total lie. As someone who has held tickets for over two years I am EXTREMELY disappointed. I was just playing "Monkey Business" for my wife earlier today, telling her this track would likely be played in Chicago next week, and she was excited by the possibility of hearing it. Nope! Seven songs were cut from the standard Dreamworld show. In fact, we don't even get the usual 20 songs. The only saving grace is they're playing "Losing My Mind." I wish they would have dropped the Oakenfold DJ sets in favor of the promised full setlist. As a fan of nearly 35 years I feel ripped-off.

Angi
United States of America

#152 Post by Angi »

Danimal wrote: Sun 18 Sep 2022, 2:36 am I wish they would have dropped the Oakenfold DJ sets in favor of the promised full setlist.
I agree with your entire post but especially with this. ^^^

Well, I'm trying not to be too disappointed. This will be my first time seeing them, so I'm happy just to see them at all. But, especially as someone who's not a New Order fan, I'll be essentially traveling 450+ miles to see only 19 songs, and yeah it's kind of disheartening. I also remember seeing that post saying they wouldn't play truncated sets and believing it. Oh well. Hoping I can see them again the next time they come through the States by themselves on a proper tour.

Danimal

#153 Post by Danimal »

Angi wrote: Sun 18 Sep 2022, 2:47 am
Danimal wrote: Sun 18 Sep 2022, 2:36 am I wish they would have dropped the Oakenfold DJ sets in favor of the promised full setlist.
I agree with your entire post but especially with this. ^^^

Well, I'm trying not to be too disappointed. This will be my first time seeing them, so I'm happy just to see them at all. But, especially as someone who's not a New Order fan, I'll be essentially traveling 450+ miles to see only 19 songs, and yeah it's kind of disheartening. I also remember seeing that post saying they wouldn't play truncated sets and believing it. Oh well. Hoping I can see them again the next time they come through the States by themselves on a proper tour.
:up: :up: :up: :up:

lucienchardon

#154 Post by lucienchardon »

Danimal wrote: Sun 18 Sep 2022, 2:36 am Well, HeatherBurning, who first announced this joint tour and seems to have been a PSB insider, promised in a now deleted post that neither set would be a truncated one. We now know this was a total lie. As someone who has held tickets for over two years I am EXTREMELY disappointed. I was just playing "Monkey Business" for my wife earlier today, telling her this track would likely be played in Chicago next week, and she was excited by the possibility of hearing it. Nope! Seven songs were cut from the standard Dreamworld show. In fact, we don't even get the usual 20 songs. The only saving grace is they're playing "Losing My Mind." I wish they would have dropped the Oakenfold DJ sets in favor of the promised full setlist. As a fan of nearly 35 years I feel ripped-off.
Well, that "promise" was probably before they added the DJ set and PSB never promised anything. And I'm guessing they decided to add Oakenfold to try to sell more tickets after having postponed it for two years. I'm also hoping they will return next year with the full Dreamworld setlist and play in smaller venues.

Danimal

#155 Post by Danimal »

lucienchardon wrote: Sun 18 Sep 2022, 3:33 am
Danimal wrote: Sun 18 Sep 2022, 2:36 am Well, HeatherBurning, who first announced this joint tour and seems to have been a PSB insider, promised in a now deleted post that neither set would be a truncated one. We now know this was a total lie. As someone who has held tickets for over two years I am EXTREMELY disappointed. I was just playing "Monkey Business" for my wife earlier today, telling her this track would likely be played in Chicago next week, and she was excited by the possibility of hearing it. Nope! Seven songs were cut from the standard Dreamworld show. In fact, we don't even get the usual 20 songs. The only saving grace is they're playing "Losing My Mind." I wish they would have dropped the Oakenfold DJ sets in favor of the promised full setlist. As a fan of nearly 35 years I feel ripped-off.
Well, that "promise" was probably before they added the DJ set and PSB never promised anything. And I'm guessing they decided to add Oakenfold to try to sell more tickets after having postponed it for two years. I'm also hoping they will return next year with the full Dreamworld setlist and play in smaller venues.
AND no encore featuring the Electronic tracks. Why bother to tour together at all???

lucienchardon

#156 Post by lucienchardon »

Danimal wrote: Sun 18 Sep 2022, 4:14 am
AND no encore featuring the Electronic tracks. Why bother to tour together at all???
I'm not sure why people thought they would do Electronic tracks. Johnny Marr is not touring with them and he is half of Electronic. I guess they are touring together because they like each other and they wanted to do an arena tour. This maybe their last chance to play arenas in the US. I don't think either band would have a chance to sell out any of those arenas if they played them individually. I much prefer smaller venues. But PSB and New Order are my favorite bands so seeing them together is pretty special.

MikeyC

#157 Post by MikeyC »

lucienchardon wrote: Sun 18 Sep 2022, 4:55 am

I'm not sure why people thought they would do Electronic tracks. Johnny Marr is not touring with them and he is half of Electronic. I guess they are touring together because they like each other and they wanted to do an arena tour. This maybe their last chance to play arenas in the US. I don't think either band would have a chance to sell out any of those arenas if they played them individually. I much prefer smaller venues. But PSB and New Order are my favorite bands so seeing them together is pretty special.
Thanks, you’re the voice of reason and very well said! Looking forward to seeing both NYC shows next week!! 😎

Luke Colorado

#158 Post by Luke Colorado »

lucienchardon wrote: Sun 18 Sep 2022, 4:55 am I'm not sure why people thought they would do Electronic tracks. Johnny Marr is not touring with them and he is half of Electronic.
By this very flawed logic: NO shouldn't perform any songs written prior to 2006 because Peter Hook isn’t there to play bass.
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

lucienchardon

#159 Post by lucienchardon »

Luke Colorado wrote: Sun 18 Sep 2022, 5:47 am
lucienchardon wrote: Sun 18 Sep 2022, 4:55 am I'm not sure why people thought they would do Electronic tracks. Johnny Marr is not touring with them and he is half of Electronic.
By this very flawed logic: NO shouldn't perform any songs written prior to 2006 because Peter Hook isn’t there to play bass.
Your logic circuits are faulty. Peter Hook left the band and New Order carried on. They can play whatever NO and JD songs they want and so can Peter Hook. Johnny Marr never left Electronic. And why would they play Electronic songs when each band has an extensive catalogue of songs and far more songs than they have to play? It would have been amazing if the lineup was Electronic, PSB and New Order. But Johnny Marr is touring with The Killers at the moment.

lucienchardon

#160 Post by lucienchardon »

MikeyC wrote: Sun 18 Sep 2022, 5:42 am

Thanks, you’re the voice of reason and very well said! Looking forward to seeing both NYC shows next week!! 😎
So am I!

MikeyC

#161 Post by MikeyC »

lucienchardon wrote: Sun 18 Sep 2022, 6:14 am
MikeyC wrote: Sun 18 Sep 2022, 5:42 am

So am I!
🎉🎉🎉

LAOffender

#162 Post by LAOffender »

What?! "Dreamland"?

I haven't been practising a dance routine to "Dreamland".

MONKEY BUSINESS, please....Neil? Chris? ....Pete?....anyone?

(and NO should be performing "Plastic")

OakeyDokey

#163 Post by OakeyDokey »

19 songs is still pretty decent! Come on now, you can grumble or be happy, they may not return again.

minimal

#164 Post by minimal »

Wow. First date of the Unity tour is done with thousands of attendees and little to almost no reaction on here. Crazy.

m+

tottenhammattspurs

#165 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

I called it on here ages ago. NO ally pally gig paired down and Dreamworld glasto set. To expect anything different was silly.
is is and isnt isnt