Poll ends soon on three favorite PSB songs of the "Very era"

All Geowayne's polls and results.
geowayne

Poll ends soon on three favorite PSB songs of the "Very era"

#1 Post by geowayne »

The final results are in for my poll of the past two weeks, in which I asked my site visitors to pick their three favorite Pet Shop Boys songs from the "Very era." And the three songs that received the most votes were:

* "Can You Forgive Her?" picked by 40.7% of the voters,
* "Dreaming of the Queen," chosen by 22.4%, and
* "I Wouldn't Normally Do This Kind of Thing," selected by 18.8%.

Actually, it came right down to the wire for I wouldn't normally do this kind of thing, which slightly trailed (but occasionally tying with) "Go West" for nearly the entire period of the survey, edging past it (much to my surprise!) only in the final three hours. To see the complete results, please visit my "Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey Results" options in the top navigation bar or click the appropriate link on my "What's New?" page.

My new poll for the next two weeks is the second in this series. This time I'm asking you to pick your three favorite PSB songs from the immediately preceding era, that of the album Behaviour. So please take a few moments to check out the songs listed right there on my home page and, when you're ready, vote for your three favorites.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who voted in the previous survey! And I wish you all a wonderful two weeks ahead!

james23_uk

Re: Poll ends soon on three favorite PSB songs of the "Very era"

#2 Post by james23_uk »

Go West is a fantastic track and IMHO the last real proper UK hit that the Boys had. I just think that for many of us fans it's been played to death.
at rock bottom :wall:

retrofuturist

#3 Post by retrofuturist »

Hi Wayne.

I'm sure you've done a poll on single versions vs album versions before, but do you have any recollection on what the preference split is between the two main versions of I Wouldn't Normally Do This Kind Of Thing?

Retro. :)
"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)

james23_uk

#4 Post by james23_uk »

retrofuturist wrote: Mon 01 Jul 2019, 4:09 am Hi Wayne.

I'm sure you've done a poll on single versions vs album versions before, but do you have any recollection on what the preference split is between the two main versions of I Wouldn't Normally Do This Kind Of Thing?

I remember being surprised when I read on Teletext that the next single was going to be the seemingly bland I wouldn't normally do this kind of thing. And then I bought the single and played it. What a shock that was!
at rock bottom :wall:

alig

#5 Post by alig »

Who cares?
"John 3:16."

geowayne

#6 Post by geowayne »

retrofuturist wrote: Mon 01 Jul 2019, 4:09 am Hi Wayne.

I ran a poll long ago on the most popular *remix* of IWNDTKOF (the Beatmasters 7" Mix won -- that is, the single), but I didn't ask voters their preference between that and the album version. Perhaps I ought to do that at some point -- more than a quarter-century late, of course. ;-)

lucienchardon

#7 Post by lucienchardon »

Glad to see Can You Forgive Her? is at the top by a wide margin. One of the best things they've ever done IMO. And the video, which seems to have surprisingly low number of views on youtube compared to some of their other videos, is also fantastic.

leesmapman

#8 Post by leesmapman »

I had high hopes for "Some Speculation"

alig

#9 Post by alig »

Next poll: your fav psb song ending on "y". And people are complaining about Science guy's posts? Lmao
"John 3:16."