Final results of poll ranking the first five PSB studio albums

All Geowayne's polls and results.
geowayne

Final results of poll ranking the first five PSB studio albums

#1 Post by geowayne »

The final results are in for my poll of the past week, in which I asked my site visitors how they would rank the Pet Shop Boys' first five albums -- what many if not most music critics regard as their "classic" era -- from #1 to #5, with #1 being the best of the bunch. And the album that received the highest (that is, the lowest figure considering 1 is the best) average ranking is:

* Behaviour, with an average rank of 2.45 and ranked #1 by 36.9% of the voters (more than any of the other four albums).

In two out of three ways to analyze the results, including the average rankings, the final ranking of these albums is:

1. Behaviour
  2. Very
  3. Introspective
  4. Actually
  5. Please

(In the third way to analyze the results, the positions of Introspective and Actually are switched in the rankings.) To see the complete results, please visit my "Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey Results" options in the top navigation bar or click the appropriate link on my "What's New?" page.

My new poll for the week ahead takes its cue from the Pet Shop Boys' sixth studio album, Bilingual. So far that has been their only album dominated by "Latin" musical styles. One of my regular correspondents, porkchopkid, was wondering whether, after all this time (now more than 20 years), you would like for them to put out another new studio album that's similarly Latin-oriented. Or, if not Latin, would you like for them to devote a future album to some other geographically/culturally based style of music? Or would you prefer for them to avoid such styles, at least for all or most of an album? Thanks so much to porkchopkid for suggesting this intriguing question!

And thanks as well to everyone who voted in last week's survey! I hope you all have a superb week ahead!