Forum Rules  |   Forum Contacts  |   Problems registering?  |   Official Website

Money has no smell?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
good boy

Money has no smell?

#1 Post by good boy » Thu 05 Jul 2018, 7:37 pm

Hello there! I'm from Russia (so excuse me my english) and I'm gay. You know, here in Russia, we don't have only homophobia and show but bankers as well. For example - Oleg Tinkov, billionaire, owner of Tinkoff Bank.

In 2016 Tikoff Bank launched on-line game. Very funny. The player must survive in horrible and scary Europe. It was like a sapper game but instead of mines there was gays and refugees. If player explodes on a LGBT mine then inscription "In Europe they made you gay, but in Sochi there's only straight" appears. Very patriotically and traditionally game. But some of the audience did not appreciate the game so the scandal came in. The game was closed and press service of the bank explain this original concept as a criticism (of russian media) and sarcasm.
[http://www.intellinews.com/russia-s-tin ... ign-99587/]

And you know what else? In his LJ 4th of March 2009 Oleg Tinkov wrote the following:
"Us Vs Faggots
... I don't wanna see them in media. I have two sons so I do care. ... I'm very impressed with their creativity, especially music and how they good at work (half of our call-center are faggots - excellent and polite workers). ... But you DO NOT need to show them on TV (in the context of their sexual predilections), to promote in films and magazines. ... I do not mind that you are massaging each other's rectum, but do it in your corners, do not advertise it and do not swing the rights. You, just sick people in a way, and we feel sorry for you. But we still not gonna love you anyway."
[https://olegtinkov.livejournal.com/2299.html]

And you know what else? He wrote this while listening Pet Shop Boys. In Russia there are many homophobes loved Pet Shop Boys. Because of their good music, of course. And because Pet Shop Boys are "decent niggas" - they do not "advertise", do not "promote", do not fight for rights and do not flamboyantly run around with feathers in their rectum waving a rainbow flag. Homophobes don't dig deep, surface enough for them.

And you know what else? Pet Shop Boys performed at his jubilee this winter in St. Petersburg. Well, here in Russia we have Istagram and Twiter too. So I saw a short part of this performance. This took place approximately 13th of January.

[https://twitter.com/Lowetennant/status/ ... 8375865344]

So.....

Well, here I'am, loved Pet Shop Boys since Behaviour, with all that state homophobia around, gay-genocide in Chechnya, I felt betrayed, really. And nobody ask them "What the hell was that?" Can't they just google who is it? Or they really didn't care? And then I understand - nobody really cares what Pet Shop Boys do or say. Nobody take them seriously. They just a funny crap from 80's in pointy hats. They are retro.

End of story. I'll be better listening Jimmy Somerville now. Or Marc Almond. Or Erasure.

And you know what else? A few days ago the instruction from the Tinkoff bank about the rules of employment surfaced. And guess who they do not accept?
Last edited by good boy on Tue 10 Jul 2018, 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greendrake

Re: Money has no smell?

#2 Post by Greendrake » Sun 08 Jul 2018, 1:11 pm

Duplicate: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=33145

In regards to "I felt betrayed". I was not very excited about them playing at that party either, though for a different reason. What helps is the understanding that it is their creative work that I as a fan admire first and foremost, not necessarily their personalities. The former stays still and in no way betrays me. The latter may and will change, and in that case I would just keep remembering and liking who/what they once were.

ArtHist

#3 Post by ArtHist » Sun 08 Jul 2018, 6:01 pm

I suspect this thread will last about as long as the "Neil at an anti-Brexit march" that was on here for a few days last month.

Greendrake

#4 Post by Greendrake » Mon 09 Jul 2018, 4:56 am

ArtHist wrote:
Sun 08 Jul 2018, 6:01 pm
I suspect this thread will last about as long as the "Neil at an anti-Brexit march" that was on here for a few days last month.
Ouch. I just realised that has been removed. This is frustrating, as discussing politics is not against the forum rules.

Neilatrone

#5 Post by Neilatrone » Mon 09 Jul 2018, 4:10 pm

Greendrake wrote:
Mon 09 Jul 2018, 4:56 am
ArtHist wrote:
Ouch. I just realised that has been removed. This is frustrating, as discussing politics is not against the forum rules.
Discussing politics is fine, verbally abusing posters isn’t.

StevePSB
Site Admin

#6 Post by StevePSB » Sat 14 Jul 2018, 4:13 pm

Greendrake wrote:
Mon 09 Jul 2018, 4:56 am
ArtHist wrote:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=29933

StevePSB