Forum Rules  |   Forum Contacts  |   Problems registering?  |   Official Website

Final results of poll on favorite post-millennial PSB album

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
geowayne

Final results of poll on favorite post-millennial PSB album

#1 Post by geowayne » Sun 15 Apr 2018, 6:11 am

The final results are in for my poll of the past week, in which I asked my site visitors to choose their favorite "post-millennial" Pet Shop Boys album—that is, of their albums released since 2000. And the album that received the most votes was:

* Yes, picked by 28.9% of the voters.

Yes took the lead early on and held on to it nearly the whole week, although for much of that time it was a very close contest between it and its two closest runners-up, Electric and Fundamental. To see the complete results, please visit my "Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey Results" options in the top navigation bar, or click the appropriate link on my "What's New?" page.

My new survey for the week ahead is the first of two parts. In this first part, I've listed my least favorite song from each PSB album (including the "Tennant-Lowe" releases but not counting hits compilations, live sets, and first two Disco albums, and one or two other anomalies), and I'm asking you to indicate which ones happen to be your own favorite song from that album. Of course, there's the familiar "none of the above" option in case none of my least-favorite songs happen to be your favorites. So please take a few moments to check them out and make your choices right there on my home page.

Incidentally, in case you're wondering what "Part 2" will be, it's the exact opposite: I'll list my favorites and ask whether any of them are your least favorites. But that's for next time.

Meanwhile, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you all have a superb week ahead!

ZiggyPSB

Re: Final results of poll on favorite post-millennial PSB album

#2 Post by ZiggyPSB » Sun 15 Apr 2018, 4:32 pm

Interesting poll Wayne. Don't let the detractors say otherwise. You said yourself in that page of the only three songs you don't like, that one man's junk is another man's treasure so why not make a poll along those lines?
This is a song about boys and girls. You hear it playing all over the world.
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

geowayne

Re: Final results of poll on favorite post-millennial PSB album

#3 Post by geowayne » Sun 15 Apr 2018, 6:07 pm

ZiggyPSB wrote:
Sun 15 Apr 2018, 4:32 pm
Interesting poll Wayne. Don't let the detractors say otherwise. You said yourself in that page of the only three songs you don't like, that one man's junk is another man's treasure so why not make a poll along those lines?
Thanks -- I appreciate it!