The final results are in for my survey of the past week, in which I asked several questions on the subject of Pet Shop Boys tribute bands. And the majority/plurality responses to each question were:
1. Have you ever seen a Pet Shop Boys tribute band?
* "No, I've never seen a PSB tribute band either 'live' or on video," picked by 68.0% of the voters.
2. If so, do you think they were good at paying tribute to PSB?
* "Not applicable - I've never seen a PSB tribute band," picked by 63.8%
3. With which of the following statements do you agree with regard to PSB tribute bands?
* "There's no 'should' about it when it comes to patronizing a PSB tribute band. Fans should do whatever they want to," chosen by 87.1%, and
* "A PSB tribute band should 'mix it up," performing some songs as much as possible like PSB, but also throwing in something new and different at times," selected by 39.5%.
To see the complete results, please visit my "Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey Results" in the top navigation bar or click the appropriate link on my "What's New?" page.
My new poll for the week ahead is conceptually much simpler than last week's. In the past, when I've asked my site visitors about their favorite PSB albums in general, the votes have leaned heavily toward those released during the first half of their career, and especially toward the first decade. But what if we remove those earlier albums from consideration? What happens when votes that would ordinarily have gone toward earlier albums are "diverted" to later albums? So this week I'm asking you to pick your favorite post-millennial PSB studio album. In other words, if you could only choose from those released since the year 2000, which one would you pick? Thanks so much to Peter Sylvén for suggesting this intriguing question!
And thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! I hope you all have a wonderful week ahead!