BBC4 Top of the Pops Repeats

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Dog

Re: BBC4 Top of the Pops Repeats

#241 Post by Dog »

Patrick Bateman wrote:Absolutely fabulous was on this week. I know it's history now but watching it in 'real time', it reminded me why it's still their biggest mistake. You've got The Prodigy entering the top ten with the mighty No Good, Pulp on the next show with the peerless Babies and here's Neil and Chris with an in-joke comedy charidee record that Neil boasts only took 30 minutes to make. What on earth were they thinking?

I'm sure their popularity was on the wane anyway but they seem like Emerson Lake and Palmer as punk rages around them. Totally out of kilter with what's coming, and for once, not in a good way.
I know what you mean. Of all the Pet Shop Boys’ eras, it does fit neatest with Very though. They had effectively killed off the way they had previously presented themselves. They had gone technicolour and were breaking all of their own rules. “We would never make a charity record - but if we did, what might it sound like?” There’s a KLF style element of self sabotage as well. It’s quite a clear statement that they don’t care about “cool” - they are operating outside of those kind measures. I do actually like the Rollo mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Woof.

tottenhammattspurs

Re: BBC4 Top of the Pops Repeats

#242 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

The Rollo mix is an absolute banger
is is and isnt isnt