I love seeing Madonna publicly state she has been influenced by PSB

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.

SpencerCSR

Re: I love seeing Madonna publicly state she has been influenced by PSB

#2 Post by SpencerCSR »

Still waiting for them to produce an entire album for M. :D

tottenhammattspurs

#3 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

They were going to do what became Hard Candy, but at a very early stage they were informed that she was going down the RnB route so it never happened.
is is and isnt isnt

Bulldog

#4 Post by Bulldog »

She's probably rather hard to work with - didn't Chris once call her "pushy" or something like that?

ZiggyPSB

#5 Post by ZiggyPSB »

SpencerCSR wrote: Fri 16 Feb 2018, 8:19 pm Still waiting for them to produce an entire album for M. :D
Confessions On The Dance Floor is about as close as it gets, with Stuart Price producing it after all.
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

MikeyC

#6 Post by MikeyC »

ZiggyPSB wrote: Sat 17 Feb 2018, 9:24 pm
SpencerCSR wrote: Fri 16 Feb 2018, 8:19 pm Still waiting for them to produce an entire album for M. :D
Confessions On The Dance Floor is about as close as it gets, with Stuart Price producing it after all.
And with "Jump" from that album using very similar sounds in it's introduction to that of the intro to "West End Girls". 8)

Nickname

#7 Post by Nickname »

MikeyC wrote: Mon 19 Feb 2018, 12:50 am
ZiggyPSB wrote: Sat 17 Feb 2018, 9:24 pm
And with "Jump" from that album using very similar sounds in it's introduction to that of the intro to "West End Girls". 8)
When she was recording the album with Stuart and realized about the PSB influence on it, she said:
Pet Shop Boys! I f*** love them!

Nickname

#8 Post by Nickname »

Madonna vs. Pet Shop Boys - West End Jump (Mashup Remix)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NamOKlA6jNo

I think Neil Tennant interviewed Madonna when he was on Smash Hits. According to Chris, "Suburbia" was influenced by "Into the groove". When Confessions On The Dance Floor came along the PSB's influence was really evident, not only with "Jump" but the whole album. The PSB remix of "Sorry" was according to Madonna, better than the original version.

And well, everyone knows "She is Madonna" or Robbie Williams, you never know.

MikeyC

#9 Post by MikeyC »

nickname wrote: Mon 19 Feb 2018, 5:05 pm Madonna vs. Pet Shop Boys - West End Jump (Mashup Remix)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NamOKlA6jNo

I think Neil Tennant interviewed Madonna when he was on Smash Hits. According to Chris, "Suburbia" was influenced by "Into the groove". When Confessions On The Dance Floor came along the PSB's influence was really evident, not only with "Jump" but the whole album. The PSB remix of "Sorry" was according to Madonna, better than the original version.

Yes and she used the PSB remix of "Sorry" in her tour, including Neil's vocals! 8)

astrolabe1976

#10 Post by astrolabe1976 »

Nickname wrote: Mon 19 Feb 2018, 5:05 pm When Confessions On The Dance Floor came along the PSB's influence was really evident, not only with "Jump" but the whole album. The PSB remix of "Sorry" was according to Madonna, better than the original version.

This really isnt true
Confessions started out as music written for a musical to be directed with Luc Besson, there would be past, present and future sections. Hung Up is the Disco/Abba anthem
Get Together sounds a lot like The Music Sounds Better With You
Two songs reference the Jackson Can You Feel It, Sorry knicks part of the Bass line, and I Love New York references the timpani
Future Lovers of course is the Donna Summer I Feel Love tribute.. she did a mash up of it in concert

Jump is the only song that references PSB with West End Girls

If anything, PSB saw what Stuart Price was doing for Madonna, Kylie and the Killers and decided to work with him. He pretty much recycles the drum track from Hung Up and slaps it on Love Is A Bourgeoisie Concept

Oznerol

#11 Post by Oznerol »

Nickname wrote: Mon 19 Feb 2018, 5:05 pm I think Neil Tennant interviewed Madonna when he was on Smash Hits....

This is not my signature.

Disco.

#13 Post by Disco. »

astrolabe1976 wrote: Sat 07 Aug 2021, 10:27 am
Nickname wrote: Mon 19 Feb 2018, 5:05 pm When Confessions On The Dance Floor came along the PSB's influence was really evident, not only with "Jump" but the whole album. The PSB remix of "Sorry" was according to Madonna, better than the original version.

This really isnt true
Confessions started out as music written for a musical to be directed with Luc Besson, there would be past, present and future sections. Hung Up is the Disco/Abba anthem
Get Together sounds a lot like The Music Sounds Better With You
Two songs reference the Jackson Can You Feel It, Sorry knicks part of the Bass line, and I Love New York references the timpani
Future Lovers of course is the Donna Summer I Feel Love tribute.. she did a mash up of it in concert

Jump is the only song that references PSB with West End Girls

If anything, PSB saw what Stuart Price was doing for Madonna, Kylie and the Killers and decided to work with him. He pretty much recycles the drum track from Hung Up and slaps it on Love Is A Bourgeoisie Concept

She did say that she preferred their remix of “Sorry” to the original.

Nickname

#14 Post by Nickname »

There is an interview to Neil and Madonna together. I think it was on Radio 2, after the Brits Awards.

Eleven

#15 Post by Eleven »

Bulldog wrote: Sat 17 Feb 2018, 9:52 am She's probably rather hard to work with - didn't Chris once call her "pushy" or something like that?
Hahaha that sounds Chris Lowe
It must be hard to work with Madonna in the studio, but I think it must be hard with Neil and Chris as well.
Too famous artists tends to over complicate simple good songs IMO