PARIS - POSTPONED

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Straight_Talker

PARIS - POSTPONED

#1 Post by Straight_Talker »

I've just seen on Twitter that tonight has been cancelled. Oh dear, that's not good.
More strobes and BANGING, please!

daveid

Re: PARIS - POSTPONED

#2 Post by daveid »

From os-

Paris cancellation
We regret that tonight's show at the Olympia in Paris has had to be cancelled because of technical issues which we have made every effort to resolve. Unfortunately it is not possible for the show to go ahead tonight. We will be announcing a rescheduled date as soon as possible for which tonight's tickets will be valid. We apologise for all the disappointment and inconvenience. Neil and Chris xx

Pod

#3 Post by Pod »

Some seriously disgruntled fans on twitter and elsewhere on the net. Apparently people were in the venue at the front and then were told to leave!
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

Remark

#4 Post by Remark »

Pod wrote: Tue 28 Feb 2017, 9:15 pm Some seriously disgruntled fans on twitter and elsewhere on the net. Apparently people were in the venue at the front and then were told to leave!
So awful. Especially people who came from Russia and Lebanon and everywhere else to see the show! :cry:

Marie loves PSB

#5 Post by Marie loves PSB »

We really feel for you! We didn't have a good time last Friday so, we know how you must be all feeling. Especially if you have travelled a distance. :shock:
Last edited by Marie loves PSB on Tue 28 Feb 2017, 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nightlife

#6 Post by Nightlife »

Marie loves PSB wrote: Tue 28 Feb 2017, 9:31 pm We really feel for you! We didn't have a good time last Friday so, we know how you must be all feeling. Especially if you have travelled a distance. :shock:

You didn't have a good time - why not?!
You don't have to be beautiful, but it helps!

Pod

#7 Post by Pod »

Really feel for them...

sharky

#8 Post by sharky »

Made a special trip from Switzerland for the show. Spoke with many that comes from UK and other countries, feel very angry tonight

Marie loves PSB

#9 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Nightlife wrote: Tue 28 Feb 2017, 9:33 pm
Marie loves PSB wrote: Tue 28 Feb 2017, 9:31 pm We really feel for you! We didn't have a good time last Friday so, we know how you must be all feeling. Especially if you have travelled a distance. :shock:

You didn't have a good time - why not?!
Hi Nightlife if you look on the thread Super tour Some speculation around page 21. I have mentioned about it. I don't know what happened but, it was awful. The sound was bad - way too loud and Neil sounded like he was singing through Helium. I have seen YouTube clips from the same concert and it sounds nothing like what we had to endure. We left early as we felt so ill. :cry: I don't know if we were given bad seats. We are still very upset. But, not as upset as the poor Paris fans - so sorry Paris fans!

Straight_Talker

#10 Post by Straight_Talker »

Pod wrote: Tue 28 Feb 2017, 9:15 pm Some seriously disgruntled fans on twitter and elsewhere on the net. Apparently people were in the venue at the front and then were told to leave!
Anyone know if either Neil or Chris popped into the auditorium to speak to the fans already there in person? :?
More strobes and BANGING, please!

Harry

#11 Post by Harry »

It must have been something pretty fundamental otherwise they'd have done the show without lasers, or whatever. They managed a soundcheck. I wonder what it was!
Heaven is possible,
AFTER ALL.

sharky

#12 Post by sharky »

Straight_Talker wrote: Tue 28 Feb 2017, 9:44 pm
Anyone know if either Neil or Chris popped into the auditorium to speak to the fans already there in person? :?
No ! Nothing, no appologies, hope they really were in Paris. I'm so angry

No Muscle Mary

#13 Post by No Muscle Mary »

Straight_Talker wrote: Tue 28 Feb 2017, 9:44 pm
Judging by the comments on Facebook, no. A guy came on and explained in French. People are peeved that the boys didn't explain in person.
I feel sorry for the fans. It's always risky travelling for gigs. Their hardcore fans are amazingly supportive and spend a small fortune to travel to their concerts.
Churlicious

JSDOUVRES

#14 Post by JSDOUVRES »

Wow, I am lucky I didn't go, feel for those that did and some travelled far.
Apparently Neil and Chris didn't make an announcement themselves for whatever reason and a lot of people are very angry about that. I suppose you can understand with it being so close, especially as they posted a picture from the stage a few hours ago.
These things happen and it is quite disappointing of course.
Wonder when they'll reschedule?

Pod

#15 Post by Pod »

JSDOUVRES wrote: Tue 28 Feb 2017, 10:09 pm Wow, I am lucky I didn't go, feel for those that did and some travelled far.
Apparently Neil and Chris didn't make an announcement themselves for whatever reason and a lot of people are very angry about that. I suppose you can understand with it being so close, especially as they posted a picture from the stage a few hours ago.
These things happen and it is quite disappointing of course.
Wonder when they'll reschedule?
Are you just a little bit tempted...?