Forum Rules  |   Forum Contacts  |   Problems registering?  |   Official Website

Autographs at Meet and Greets

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
spshafer

Autographs at Meet and Greets

#1 Post by spshafer » Tue 01 Nov 2016, 3:12 pm

I have been too meet and greets with the Boys before, but I was always under the impression that they would only autograph the back stage pass supplied upon arrival. Has anyone had any luck getting a favorite item signed instead??? I would love to have a something signed that I could frame versus the pass. Thanks and help appreciated.

Luke Colorado

Re: Autographs at Meet and Greets

#2 Post by Luke Colorado » Tue 01 Nov 2016, 7:12 pm

They signed something for me for the Pandemonium tour. I forget what.
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

DJ Pat

#3 Post by DJ Pat » Tue 01 Nov 2016, 7:38 pm

I went to the Bangkok aftershow meet and greet for the Release tour and they hung about for about 30mins smiling, chatting, photos etc..Chris was particularly fuinny, claiming that they'd played 'Here' at the end specially for me and GF, Neil was nice enough to mingle, and the boys signed a couple of posters and Release Cds for us. One poster I had them write to 'Sparkie Markie' who runs pet shop boys.net, which I sent to him. In return he sent me the (then) rare Nightlife/Closer to Heaven demos on CD

Pete Gleadall did advise us earlier that the boys don't tolerate smart asses though, and rightly so.
Live synth pop tracks you might have forgotten about.

https://soundcloud.com/user-152577839

8)

stussyboy

#4 Post by stussyboy » Tue 01 Nov 2016, 10:22 pm

Think it's quite a bit stricter these days, definitely not much hanging around, but I'm sure they'll sign a few bits as long as it's not too much
NewYork London Tokyo LosAngeles

Gabby

#5 Post by Gabby » Tue 01 Nov 2016, 11:03 pm

spshafer wrote:I have been too meet and greets with the Boys before, but I was always under the impression that they would only autograph the back stage pass supplied upon arrival. Has anyone had any luck getting a favorite item signed instead??? I would love to have a something signed that I could frame versus the pass. Thanks and help appreciated.
At the Electric concert in Toronto they signed the meet and greet lanyards and a picture that my daughter had made (their suggestion). I believe they also signed our programme as well, but not 100% sure on that point.

dio2005

#6 Post by dio2005 » Wed 02 Nov 2016, 1:58 am

Lots of people take records and cds for them to sign.

They signed concert photos I had taken of them a couple of years ago.

DJ Pat

#7 Post by DJ Pat » Wed 02 Nov 2016, 2:45 am

A very attractive Thai fan I got to know quite well (if you catch my drift) did a large 70cm x 50cm oil painting of Neil (yes, she actually did!) and to be honest, it was like something a 5yr old would paint. I felt embarrased as she thrust it upon him in the reception of their hotel, delirious she was! ''My gift! My gift'' she said....I raised my eyebrows, wishing the ground would swallow me up. Neil said to me quietly ''I can't take this thing on the bloody plane!''
He'd assumed that she just wanted it signed!

This was the day before the show when a few of us had inside knowledge of their hotel. They were having tea in the lobby.

One of the crew took it and I often wonder what became of it. Maybe Neil did take it home after all, and it hangs in his bathroom or garden shed

I also often wonder what became of her. No facebook in those days, just email, and I sure didn't get no email saying she loved me :roll:
Live synth pop tracks you might have forgotten about.

https://soundcloud.com/user-152577839

8)

spshafer

#8 Post by spshafer » Wed 02 Nov 2016, 4:52 pm

Thanks! I just received some information that they will also sign an item from the merchandise stand or the lanyard.

Has anyone seen anything new and exciting on the merch table? Oops, I see some pics in another thread now. Thanks.

alanrstewart

#9 Post by alanrstewart » Wed 09 Nov 2016, 1:41 am

Just met Neil and Chris at the Toronto M&G, and they were incredibly warm and chatty. They signed our lanyards and the program I bought. Some fans in the queue had a few items such as CD inserts, album covers and books that seemed to all get signed. It did all go VERY quiet when one fan took in every PSB album insert he owned so I think as long as you're respectful and stick to your allocated couple of minutes the boys seem happy to sign several items.

spshafer

#10 Post by spshafer » Wed 09 Nov 2016, 2:37 pm

Yes, we met them in Nashville and they were great. Very chatty and nice, had a few laughs. They signed our lanyards, program and a record that I had bought. It was a great experience, as was the show!

http://www.nashvillescene.com/music/spi ... le-to-tpac

No Muscle Mary

#11 Post by No Muscle Mary » Wed 09 Nov 2016, 10:21 pm

DJ Pat wrote:Pete Gleadall did advise us earlier that the boys don't tolerate smart asses though, and rightly so.
Smart asses in what way? I'm curious.
Churlicious

Trixiemix

#12 Post by Trixiemix » Thu 10 Nov 2016, 1:45 am

I flew over for the L.A. show and met up with some USA friends who make their own costumes of which have appeared a few times in 'Pet texts'. They got drawings etc signed and I got my SUPER and POP Kids inserts signed. It was a very busy meet and greet queue.....200 people long. It was great to meet a fan from this forum at the front of the stage too. Amazing adventures travelling to see the boys.
Back to Trafalgar.........

Rorie

#13 Post by Rorie » Fri 11 Nov 2016, 3:44 am

They signed like 10 or 12 things for me. And I also was able to get some stuff signed in 2007 when I did not have a pass.

The issue is not signing stuff. It's trying to get a photo of them.

R

Rorie

#14 Post by Rorie » Fri 11 Nov 2016, 3:49 am

These are the CD's they signed, and then they also signed the tour program, the lanyard, and two or three pieces of vinyl as well. They were happy to do so.
Attachments
IMG_6372.JPG
IMG_6372.JPG (1.62 MiB) Viewed 1326 times

ClyClyisBack

#15 Post by ClyClyisBack » Fri 11 Nov 2016, 5:39 am

Rorie wrote:These are the CD's they signed, and then they also signed the tour program, the lanyard, and two or three pieces of vinyl as well. They were happy to do so.

...and two pictures that we took with them on previous tours :-)

I LOVE ENGLISH COCUMBERS !!!