The Icicle Works' Ian McNabb: "I would love to kick Neil Tennant's face all day long"

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.

One of the crowd

Re: The Icicle Works' Ian McNabb: "I would love to kick Neil Tennant's face all day long"

#2 Post by One of the crowd »

The Icicle Works play live this week at the....

Arlington Arts Centre in Newbury, maximum capacity 380.

While Neil & Chris will play 4 sell out dates in July at the Royal Opera House

No further comment
Did Zoe Ball let something slip today? (31:01:24)

rashomon

Re: RE: Re: The Icicle Works' Ian McNabb: "I would love to kick Neil Tennant's face all day long"

#4 Post by rashomon »

No Muscle Mary wrote:Who?
Exactly.
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

No Muscle Mary

Re: The Icicle Works' Ian McNabb: "I would love to kick Neil Tennant's face all day long"

#5 Post by No Muscle Mary »

I've just put a link to What Have I Done To Deserve This on it :D

Gobshite. :grumble:
Last edited by No Muscle Mary on Mon 11 Apr 2016, 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Churlicious

jules

#6 Post by jules »

I had a 45 t vinyl of them, little girl lost. A good song but never ever heard them elsewhere.

jules

#7 Post by jules »

No Muscle Mary wrote:I've just put a link to What Have I Done To Deserve This on it :D

Gobshite. :grumble:
I sent Jealousy.

No Muscle Mary

#8 Post by No Muscle Mary »

That's good trolling.

Now, who's going to put Shameless?
Churlicious

Drem

#9 Post by Drem »

Should have ask him if he's going to sing Neil's songs all day long before meeting him.
"I think it’s an amazingly good album, I’ve got to be honest with you. It’s one of the albums I feel most proud of. But for people who don’t really know us, and have a sort of an idea about us, ‘Electric’ is more what the Pet Shop Boys are meant to be."
(Neil Tennant, speaking about "Elysium" on the eve of "Electric" release.)

jrusher12

Re: RE: Re: The Icicle Works' Ian McNabb:

#10 Post by jrusher12 »

rashomon wrote:
No Muscle Mary wrote:Who?
Exactly.
Never heard of him or them

DJ Pat

#11 Post by DJ Pat »

I thought Ian McNabb played for Everton in the late 70s

Also ironic is that he probably drank a few cans of Tennants Super* before he posted that

*for any of you not aware, Tennants Super (8% abv) is the popular choice of beverage for tramps and the homeless in the UK, particularly in places like Scotland or Liverpool
Last edited by DJ Pat on Mon 11 Apr 2016, 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Candyland Joe

#12 Post by Candyland Joe »

He was nominated for the 1994 Mercury Music Prize and has worked with Crazy Horse. I've never knowingly heard any of his music. He also seems to have some very dodgy views, outwith those to do with Neil Tennant.

Trixiemix

#13 Post by Trixiemix »

Sounds like a Thugging nobody trying to get his 15 minutes of being noticed on the back of Neil's fame. 'POP rules'!!
Back to Trafalgar.........

seriously

#14 Post by seriously »

wow that's the most neil's ever spoken about comics that I can recall.
RadioPunchBoil: The Future is 1982

Drem

#15 Post by Drem »

Trixiemix wrote:Sounds like a Thugging nobody trying to get his 15 minutes of being noticed on the back of Neil's fame. 'POP rules'!!
Ha, that's right. But I see no problem here. Question is what kind of fame Ian pursues?
Difference is: one man writes the tweets while other writes the songs.
PS. Still available for tweet attack: "One-hit wonder".
Last edited by Drem on Mon 11 Apr 2016, 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I think it’s an amazingly good album, I’ve got to be honest with you. It’s one of the albums I feel most proud of. But for people who don’t really know us, and have a sort of an idea about us, ‘Electric’ is more what the Pet Shop Boys are meant to be."
(Neil Tennant, speaking about "Elysium" on the eve of "Electric" release.)