1. "Elysium"
34%
2. "Electric".
66%

Total votes: 59

Peter1984

"Elysium" or "Electric"?

#1 Post by Peter1984 »

What is for you better? I will choose "Elysium", more PSB sound.

BugBoy

Re: "Elysium" or "Electric"?

#2 Post by BugBoy »

I don't think neither album is better than the other, they are both good PSB albums but are polar opposites of each other and so imo impossible to compare. I might prefer to listen to one on a given day but that would be more to do with the mood i'm in than actually prefering one over the other in the way you suggest
I Like Release!

billiejo

#3 Post by billiejo »

Electric for me because it is perfectly what it is supposed to be. Elysium could have been much better without one or two horrors that slipped in.

Danimal

#4 Post by Danimal »

A thousand times Electric! I hope they make another and another after that!

Peter1984

#5 Post by Peter1984 »

billiejo wrote:Electric for me because it is perfectly what it is supposed to be. Elysium could have been much better without one or two horrors that slipped in.
Which songs do you call "Horrors" For me horror is "Shouting In The Evening". The worst PSB song ever.

goughsjd

#6 Post by goughsjd »

I enjoy electric a lot lot lot more than Elysium.

Elysium would have been better with a few song changes IMHO ! But even then I'd still choose Electric
    Wolverhampton '02 / Gateshead '06 / Wolverhampton Civic '07 / Birmingham NIA '09 / London 02 '13 / Birmingham LG '14 / Glasgow Armadillo '17 / Birmingham Barclaycard Arena '17 / Garden ‘18 / Musik Bijou Edinburgh '19

StevePSB
    Site Admin

#7 Post by StevePSB »

'Electric' by a country mile. A pity therefore that I voted for 'Elysium' by accident!

StevePSB

Peter1984

#8 Post by Peter1984 »

One fan said that it is very simmilar situation with these albums as it was with "Release" and "Disco 4". One slow and one fast after it.

retrofuturist

#9 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
    Peter1984 wrote:What is for you better? I will choose "Elysium", more PSB sound.
    Electric.

Though if Elysium dropped Ego Music and Winner, and swapped in Listening and A Certain Je Ne Sais Quoi, then I'd have to seriously reconsider my choice.

Retro. :)
    "Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)

dtraversscott

#10 Post by dtraversscott »

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings,
    Peter1984 wrote:What is for you better? I will choose "Elysium", more PSB sound.
    Electric.

Though if Elysium dropped Ego Music and Winner, and swapped in Listening and A Certain Je Ne Sais Quoi, then I'd have to seriously reconsider my choice.

Retro. :)
    Agreed. I never am happy with the official album song choices and think of each album as a whole including bsides. From this perspective, I love Elysium.
    -----------------------------------------
    I'm kind of shy and dry and verging on ugly.

Bulldog

#11 Post by Bulldog »

Electric by a mile. IMHO the production on Elysium is too sparse and stripped down, and the vocals are kind of strange, too loud in the mix and sometimes unrefined (Give it a go sounds particularly rushed, and even Winner sounds a lot better as an instrumental).

NikacP0kac

#12 Post by NikacP0kac »

Electric grabs you by the balls and doesn't let you till the last note of Vocal. Elysium is background music in comparison to Electric (not that it's a bad album on its own, but compared to Electric it doesn't stand a chance).
    Have a look at my taste in music:
    http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

Neilatrone

#13 Post by Neilatrone »

NikacP0kac wrote:Electric grabs you by the balls and doesn't let you till the last note of Vocal. Elysium is background music in comparison to Electric (not that it's a bad album on its own, but compared to Electric it doesn't stand a chance).
    I agree. I see Elysium is "lift music" but Electric is just that - Electric.

Pod

#14 Post by Pod »

Like comparing chalk and cheese - Electric wins for me hands down.
    Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
    It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

jules

#15 Post by jules »

Elysium has more songs, more depth, a more complex production.

With Leaving as the final track and one or two track replaced by b sides, it would have been a stronger album.