Australia

For discussion and photos of PSB live performances.
leahysb

Re: Australia

#31 Post by leahysb »

I've got a ticket for Friday. :dance: Only flying to Sydney for one night - did not know there were shows on Saturday and possibly Sunday night otherwise I probably would have splurged on all three.
... Che Guevara and Debussy to a disco beat ...

retrofuturist

#32 Post by retrofuturist »

I'm not going, but I hope you all have a great time! Doesn't look like they'll find their way to Melbourne but if they do, I will surely go.

Retro. :)
"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)

Andie

#33 Post by Andie »

retrofuturist wrote:I'm not going, but I hope you all have a great time! Doesn't look like they'll find their way to Melbourne but if they do, I will surely go.

Retro. :)
+ 1

I seriously wanted to go, but the standing only would be an issue for me - on account of lower back problems.Very,very disappointed :(
Obviously I'd have the same problem even in Melbourne! Such is life! But I think I'd chance it.
Don’t be scared, for only the dark can show you the stars

Rusty

#34 Post by Rusty »

It seems that both the Friday and Saturday shows are now sold out, but still no sign of tickets for the Sunday show.
But it feels like the flight
Of the von Trapps, does that mean it's war?

Andie

#35 Post by Andie »

The Saturday show seemed to take a while to sell out, compared with the Friday night.
I wonder why they haven't released the tickets for Sunday?

Rusty

#36 Post by Rusty »

Tickets for the Sunday night show are now on sale.
But it feels like the flight
Of the von Trapps, does that mean it's war?

psblogan

#37 Post by psblogan »

Flying in from Brisbane 1.50pm, is there a meet up?
28 Years of collecting!
Still the best Dance music band!

Niall

#38 Post by Niall »

Like I said in the other thread, today I was offered a press ticket, airfares and hotel room for the Saturday show. Would've been great cos it's my birthday on Friday but my partner has arranged for us to go away on the weekend and it wouldn't be right to do otherwise. Initially, I wasn't able to afford flying, staying tickets, we made other arrangements and today this comes up. Funny how things work out (or don't).
Evertonians are born not manufactured.
We do not choose; we are chosen.
Those who understand need no explanation.
Those that don't understand don't matter.

Greendrake

#39 Post by Greendrake »

The content of this post has been reserved by the author due to the unprecedented, categorical and peremptory exercise of censorship that took place on 20 May 2021.

Whereas this content can be restored, the author neither intends to do so, nor to publish any further posts to avoid any possible perception as "passive agressive", "pointless", "unhelpful", "homophobic" or "bigoted".
Last edited by Greendrake on Fri 21 May 2021, 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Docoboy

#40 Post by Docoboy »

Niall wrote:Like I said in the other thread, today I was offered a press ticket, airfares and hotel room for the Saturday show. Would've been great cos it's my birthday on Friday but my partner has arranged for us to go away on the weekend and it wouldn't be right to do otherwise. Initially, I wasn't able to afford flying, staying tickets, we made other arrangements and today this comes up. Funny how things work out (or don't).
Hope you have a nice weekend anyhow, Niall - happy birthday :)

Niall

#41 Post by Niall »

Docoboy wrote:
Niall wrote:Like I said in the other thread, today I was offered a press ticket, airfares and hotel room for the Saturday show. Would've been great cos it's my birthday on Friday but my partner has arranged for us to go away on the weekend and it wouldn't be right to do otherwise. Initially, I wasn't able to afford flying, staying tickets, we made other arrangements and today this comes up. Funny how things work out (or don't).
Hope you have a nice weekend anyhow, Niall - happy birthday :)
Thanks very much, Docoboy. That's very kind of you. I'm trying not to think too much about the shows. One thing making me feel better is that the journalist who's going has been a fan since 1985. As an 18 year old I remember reading her glowing review of the November 1, 1994 show I went to in Perth. I was lucky enough to meet Neil and especially Chris afterwards.
Evertonians are born not manufactured.
We do not choose; we are chosen.
Those who understand need no explanation.
Those that don't understand don't matter.

grantwww

#42 Post by grantwww »

I got an email from Ticketmaster and the timings have changed again for the shows. The Boys are back to starting at 9pm.
Jot this down!
This concert is General Admission – standing.

Running Times:
DOORS: 7:00pm
PRESETS DJ: 7:30pm
PET SHOP BOYS: 9.00pm
Finish: 11:00pm

Do keep in mind that these times aren’t set in stone, and are subject to change.

Waffleon

#43 Post by Waffleon »

Flown in from Brissy for tonight's show. Should have bought a coat. Can't wait .

Andie

#44 Post by Andie »

I hope everyone who's going to the Aussie shows this weekend has a really great time!
:dance: :dance: :dance:

Steve Fett

#45 Post by Steve Fett »

had THE best time last night - definately worth the trip up from Melbourne :up: :up: :up:
what a performance tonight, should I react or turn off the light ?