Limited edition Electric vinyl coming from Vinyl Factory

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
boyjohn

Limited edition Electric vinyl coming from Vinyl Factory

#1 Post by boyjohn »

http://www.vfeditions.com/product/view/133

£ 500

Product Details:

Hand signed by Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe and limited to just 350 copies worldwide, this beautiful limited edition box set of Pet Shop Boys' 'Electric' album is very special. This custom-made, fluoroscent-edged, multi-coloured PVC box houses PSB's acclaimed new album pressed on five fluoroscent-coloured heavyweight vinyl discs, contained in bespoke fluoroscent outer and inner sleeves.

Designed by Farrow in collaboration with PSB and The Vinyl Factory, this limited edition is sure to become a highly sought after collectors classic - following on from 2009's 'Yes' box set which was showcased in the Design Museum, won Creative Review's 'Best in Book' and was voted Record Collector's 'Most Collectible Product of the 21st Century'.

"Working on these Vinyl Factory editions really allows us to express what we do best," says Farrow. "We are currently prototyping and testing The Electric Box and we are really excited about the direction we are heading - it's going to be special."

Electric is Pet Shop Boys triumphant new studio album and the first PSB studio album to be produced by Stuart Price.

‘Electric’ features nine tracks in total – eight brand new Pet Shop Boys’ songs plus a cover of Bruce Springsteen’s ‘The last to die’. The result is as uncompromising a collection of dance anthems as Pet Shop Boys have ever made - which has garnered them critical praise across the board, with everyone from The Guardian to The Daily Mail singing its praises.

Pet Shop Boys said: “’Electric’ is very much set on the dance floor. Our latest album often evolves as a response to our previous album and, whereas ‘Elysium’ had a reflective mood, ‘Electric’ is pretty banging! And working with Stuart Price on a studio album is something we have wanted to do for a very long time”.

Stuart Price said: "Making 'Electric' was an exciting experience. We recorded it between Berlin, London and Los Angeles using various techniques between old school synth and drum machine programming and new school computer mangling. For me it was a chance to work with two people who shaped so much of my musical taste, yet who keep on pushing farther in both a natural and unexpected fashion."

Product Details:
* Custom-made, multi-coloured fluorescent-edged PVC box set
* Contains 5 fluoroscent coloured 180-gram vinyl records, including a specially made fifth colour never used before
* Features Electric's nine album tracks, mastered for vinyl and pressed on the EMI 1400
* Vinyl housed in bespoke fluoroscent outer and inner sleeves, with fluoroscent labels
* Each box set hand signed by Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe
* Limited to 350 copies worldwide, individually hand numbered

Vinyl Tracklisting

Side A
Axis (5.35)

Side B
Bolshy (5.47)

Side C
Love Is A Bourgeouis Concept (6.44)

Side D
Flourescent (6.18)

Side E
Inside A Dream (5.40)

Side F
The Last To Die (4.15)

Side G
Shouting In The Evening (3.39)

Side H
Thursday (5.05)

Side I
Vocal (6.37)

This limited edition is available to pre-order now, exclusively from The Vinyl Factory; release date 7 October 2013.
Last edited by boyjohn on Mon 15 Jul 2013, 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Unless you consciously include, you will unconsciously exclude”
-Stephen Frost

BugBoy

Re: Limited edition Electric vinyl coming from Vinyl Factory

#2 Post by BugBoy »

OMFG!!! how in gods name am I gonna afford that..................
I Like Release!

ZiggyPSB

#3 Post by ZiggyPSB »

Yeah but no. I've been to good to myself ordering the Collectors Edition of Grand Theft Auto V which is £120. No thank you.
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

Disco.

#4 Post by Disco. »

Ziggy Shadow-Dust wrote:Yeah but no. I've been to good to myself ordering the Collectors Edition of Grand Theft Auto V which is £120. No thank you.
Oh, come on are you a fan or not ? :wink:

tottenhammattspurs

#5 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

I was actually taking the piss a few weeks ago when I said when is the Vinyl Factory limited £500 jobbie coming out!

This is just stupid. £500, how can ANYONE justify that?
is is and isnt isnt

Lleonard Pler

#6 Post by Lleonard Pler »

Beautiful, but I wonder if 350 fans can afford that much money.

Also, the last vinyl has a blank side, doesn't it? They could have added something exclusive to those willing to pay £500.

ZiggyPSB

#7 Post by ZiggyPSB »

Anyone remind us how much you paid for the Yes and The Most Incredible Thing vinyl box?
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

fac23

#8 Post by fac23 »

The Yes box was £300 (or £350). Dunno. I did buy that one, even though I thought it was crazy at the time. But £500? Come on… That's beyond insane.
Last edited by fac23 on Mon 15 Jul 2013, 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boring90

#9 Post by Boring90 »

Ordered.

:dance:
Las Vegas 1999

tottenhammattspurs

#10 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Yes was £300, limited to 300 copies and sold out immediately. TMIT was £350 and limited to 500 copies and you can still buy one they're that popular!
The YEs box set now commands upwards of £750 when it comes up on e-bay but TMIT's don't get sold.
£500 for a box set that has LESS vinyl in it than the cheaper Yes box and NOTHING EXCLUSIVE AT ALL, not even instrumentals, is one for the Mugs.
is is and isnt isnt

Paul

#11 Post by Paul »

£500 !
Surely they're having a laugh...
The yes and most incredible thing boxes were much cheaper and at least had something exclusive.
VF probably just going on how much the Yes boxes change hands for now ,

Interestingly, looks like they still have copies of the most incredible thing box (even after all this time) ;-)

West End Boy

#12 Post by West End Boy »

No, seriously. I'd never buy that, even if I could afford it. If it at least featured some sort of exclusive content, like instrumental versions or some exclusive bonus tracks...
From summer warmth to sudden cold

ZiggyPSB

#13 Post by ZiggyPSB »

Who said in another thread with regards to the Vocal Remixes and Axis 12" prices, that they are milking the fanbase?

tottenhammattspurs

#14 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

The yes box set commanded attention. Cause it was something exquisite and different and had exclusive instrumentals. TMIT commanded slightly less attention as the novelty of an exclusive hand made box set was no longer a novelty, but it still looked marvellous and had exclusive demos of all the tracks. This box set offers nothing new in th way of content and looks just like a dayglo version of the Yes box.
is is and isnt isnt

Disco.

#15 Post by Disco. »

It will sell out, no question about it.