PSB "Tourist destinations"

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
raggatwin

Re: PSP "Tourist destinations"

#16 Post by raggatwin »

karnsculpture wrote:I'd add Kings Cross Station, though sadly most of the parts shown in the "Rent" video are gone the outside is still somewhat similar. Victoria Station WH Smiths is shown in the West End girls video, it has different signage now but you'd be able to walk in the spot the group were in the video if you go from WH Smiths to the little HMV branch near Platform 10.

Go down Carnaby Street to see where Neil used to work, and Liberty where he was spotted shopping a few times. Soho is worth a wander anyway, you'll find PSB items in the record shops of Berwick Street just a short walk from Carnaby St, and Brewer Street/Berwick Street/Old Compton Street still has a little of that seedy Soho vibe seen briefly in the West End girls video.

Go West to South Kensington to walk around some of the places mentioned in "The Ghost Of Myself" such as the V&A.

That's all I can think of for now. Have fun!

All of that WH Smiths has been knocked down in recent weeks...
Hello my name is Neil Tennant and I'm Chris Lowe and we're of the Pet Shop Boys.

Tom Angel

Re: PSB "Tourist destinations"

#17 Post by Tom Angel »

cross embankment gardens/enter warmth and light
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

bohemians.

#18 Post by bohemians. »

Cafe Picasso -Kings Road/Ghost of myself
accross the road flat Neil used to rent in 80-ies/curious if that s the one with "single bad" he "used to share with "her-Camille or Krysta .. :roll: or same place where Chris "used to sleep on the floor"??- -- :lol: :lol:

Savoy of course

Royal Albert Hall

NPG

heaven :angel: ..

Sandy Shaw

#19 Post by Sandy Shaw »

scheiner wrote: Sat 02 Feb 2013, 7:32 am
Ellie wrote:The famous electronics shop doesn't exist anymore, it's now the left hand half of Le Pain Quotidien cafe/bakery on the Kings Road in Chelsea (ie. the seating area of the cafe, the wall's been knocked down between two old shops to make one big one). We found this out from another fan who had a picture of the shop before it closed. Unfortunately, it's been completely re-done inside but it's still worth going in to have a hot chocolate!

I happened to visit that bakery a few months ago. really nice place...

If I'm right about the address, it's now The Ivy Asia Chelsea.

https://www.theivyasiachelsea.com/
What's for supper?

Tentenlad

#20 Post by Tentenlad »

I located and had a nosey at where Neil lives off the kings road years ago (90s) does anyone know where Chris lived in Blackpool?

Marie loves PSB

#21 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Tentenlad wrote: Sun 10 Oct 2021, 4:12 pm I located and had a nosey at where Neil lives off the kings road years ago (90s) does anyone know where Chris lived in Blackpool?
Tentenlad -I wanted to know this myself so, I asked quite a popular Youtuber that knows about Blackpool a lot. I e-mailed yesterday and he said he went past Chris' old school only a couple of days ago. It is in a YouTube video about an Aqualux truck but it also shows Chris Lowe's old school (used to be Arnold but is now Armfield Academy). This is at 48.54. It is very quick and some of the video drops out a few times but, you are able to see it. :)

https://youtu.be/BOC2pS5JGew just hope my link works on here.

OakeyDokey

#22 Post by OakeyDokey »

Dave Ball went to the same school at the same time (a couple of years ahead of Chris).

TallThinMan

#23 Post by TallThinMan »

OakeyDokey wrote: Mon 18 Oct 2021, 9:06 am Dave Ball went to the same school at the same time (a couple of years ahead of Chris).
Just imagine if things had turned out differently with a Dave and Chris synth duo. Both standing around not doing much :D
TIERGARTEN's debut album BREAKING POINT is out now: https://linktr.ee/tiergartenmusic

OakeyDokey

#24 Post by OakeyDokey »

Meanwhile Marc and Neil would take turns at the mic with a preen and a pout.

Shopper

#25 Post by Shopper »

Maybe go to Tottenham Court station and meet the offspring of the Home and Dry mice :mrgreen:

kidding...

London's so awesome, I last visited in 2010 and would love to go there again and spend more time.
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

Vince

#26 Post by Vince »

Shopper wrote: Wed 20 Oct 2021, 10:20 am Maybe go to Tottenham Court station and meet the offspring of the Home and Dry mice :mrgreen:

kidding...

London's so awesome, I last visited in 2010 and would love to go there again and spend more time.
I've never been there :( will definitely plan a trip once things settle.
H.A.P.P.I.N.E.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.

MikeyC

#27 Post by MikeyC »

Applejack Diner here in NYC! 😎