Japan limited edition of Behavior with 3" bonus CD single

Q&As about collecting and collections, items and value of PSB related material. Discuss new and old PSB collector items.
Pani

Re: Japan limited edition of Behavior with 3" bonus CD single

#31 Post by Pani »

I have it as well, but don't remember exactly what I paid for it, I think
it was something about 50 Euros (circa 4-5 years ago, not sealed btw)

MD

#32 Post by MD »

Pani wrote:I have it as well, but don't remember exactly what I paid for it, I think
it was something about 50 Euros (circa 4-5 years ago, not sealed btw)
Thanks for the info.

I'm feeling a little better about paying so much for it after seeing that many others have paid much more than I did.

I just got it in the post today and it is a very impressive job of packaging. :D I got out a pair of gloves and opened it to see that the contents were in order and was pleased to see everything in mint condition. The 3" CD is very cute 8) in it's mini-felt cover, The outer felt slipcase is very large with beautiful Gold lettering on the front and back in both English and Japanese and of course the Obi strip.

After I copied the Cd's to my Ipod, I then got a special resealable cover to put it all back in a nice air-tight seal. It's a little sad to think that I never get to touch it again, but I want it to stay in perfect condition. Its the first truly rare collectors item I own and at that Price likely to be the last :(

BTW- The 9+ min version of This must be the place I waited years to leave is fantastic! They really should have put it on the FL disk!!
"Not everyone is lucky enough to understand how delicious it is to suffer"

Posh Boy

#33 Post by Posh Boy »

I always thought people bought sealed items to keep them sealed and thus maintain and increase their value.
"Your boring face I love it"

DJ_Couture

#34 Post by DJ_Couture »

Believe it or not, some people also buy CDs because they want to listen to the music on them!

Posh Boy

#35 Post by Posh Boy »

DJ_Couture wrote:Believe it or not, some people also buy CDs because they want to listen to the music on them!
Duh, so why all the fuss about a sealed item if you're going to unseal it anyway to listen to the music ...

territorygal

#36 Post by territorygal »

DJ_Couture wrote:Believe it or not, some people also buy CDs because they want to listen to the music on them!
*looks over at her copy of Release with a big crack in the jewelcase...very well-loved* 8)
And everything about tonight feels right and so young
And anything I'd want to say out loud will be sung
It's in the music...

DJ_Couture

#37 Post by DJ_Couture »

Posh Boy wrote:
Duh, so why all the fuss about a sealed item if you're going to unseal it anyway to listen to the music ...
Less chance of the CD being scratched or otherwise damaged, case will probably be in nice condition etc.

MD

#38 Post by MD »

Posh Boy wrote:I always thought people bought sealed items to keep them sealed and thus maintain and increase their value.
A true hardcore collector does do just that. But I went for a sealed copy just so the contents would be in mint condition. I would normally never pay this kind of money for a CD, but I have a soft spot for cool packaging and made an exception this time. I had never seen a slipcase like this one before, so I really wanted it. But if I'm going to pay 80$ or more for a CD it has to be new. Even some of the shit (trashed) copies ( like the one I described earlier in this thread ) of the thing have sold for well over a 100$. Plus, With the plastic sealable cover I put it in the thing will stay in perfect condition. For what I paid for it I almost feel that I should have framed the thing and hung it on the wall :lol:

Posh Boy

#39 Post by Posh Boy »

Fair enough.

redsock

#40 Post by redsock »

MD wrote:
A true hardcore collector does do just that. But I went for a sealed copy just so the contents would be in mint condition. I would normally never pay this kind of money for a CD, but I have a soft spot for cool packaging and made an exception this time. I had never seen a slipcase like this one before, so I really wanted it. But if I'm going to pay 80$ or more for a CD it has to be new. Even some of the shit (trashed) copies ( like the one I described earlier in this thread ) of the thing have sold for well over a 100$. Plus, With the plastic sealable cover I put it in the thing will stay in perfect condition. For what I paid for it I almost feel that I should have framed the thing and hung it on the wall :lol:
It's pretty special isn't it ? :D

Tom Angel

#41 Post by Tom Angel »

The Marr guitar all over the extended mix from 6 minutes is amazing too, some of his best stuff since the Smiths. Shame its so hidden.
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

Young Offender

#42 Post by Young Offender »

I've owned a mint copy since around 1991 shortly after its release, paid around $30-40 usd., it is a stunning package and collection, one of my favourite albums from them, this was of course before the internet and I usually ordered mine through advertisers in Goldmine or Record Collector magazines, The good old day!

DJAMIX

#43 Post by DJAMIX »

I paid U$25 for the whole deal on Record Runner in NY.
One can't find the way to peace. Peace is the way itself. (Gandhi)

MD

#44 Post by MD »

redsock wrote:
MD wrote:
It's pretty special isn't it ? :D

Yes it really is. After I ordered it I was sure that I had spent too much on it, but having seen it I feel it was well worth every dime :dance: I love a well packaged CD release. In fact, for me, the packaging is almost as important as the music :oops:
Cd packaging ( booklet, lyrics, artwork and pictures ) is, when its done right, a true art form.

redsock

#45 Post by redsock »

MD wrote: Yes it really is. After I ordered it I was sure that I had spent too much on it, but having seen it I feel it was well worth every dime :dance: I love a well packaged CD release. In fact, for me, the packaging is almost as important as the music :oops:
Cd packaging ( booklet, lyrics, artwork and pictures ) is, when its done right, a true art form.
If you're into the whole package of a release, track down the presspack/promo of Nightlife. :D You won't be disappointed.

It comes in a big inlaid cardboard box with a printed plastic outer cover. Inside is a ring bound book with a promo copy of the album, a video and and an interview CD. There's also a few press quality photos in there.

:D