Domino Dancing (Spanish Mixes)

Q&As about collecting and collections, items and value of PSB related material. Discuss new and old PSB collector items.
neiljulieus

Domino Dancing (Spanish Mixes)

#1 Post by neiljulieus »

hi all

Does anyone know anything about these three mixes?:

Domino dancing (Spanish mix) 4.54
Domino dancing (Spanish extended mix) 7.49
Domino dancing (Spanish radio mix) 4.29

i seem to remember them being advertised in record collector as a cassette back in '88 but they are not talked about on any of the discographies online but they do exist. are they bootlegs?

thanks.neil

Vince

#2 Post by Vince »

i hope they are not bootlegs, coz they are pretty good! Found some poor quality versions on the net.

I hope someone has them :(
H.A.P.P.I.N.E.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.

Nickname

Re: Domino Dancing (Spanish Mixes)

#3 Post by Nickname »

neiljulieus wrote:hi all

Does anyone know anything about these three mixes?:

Domino dancing (Spanish mix) 4.54
Domino dancing (Spanish extended mix) 7.49
Domino dancing (Spanish radio mix) 4.29

i seem to remember them being advertised in record collector as a cassette back in '88 but they are not talked about on any of the discographies online but they do exist. are they bootlegs?

thanks.neil
I had these mixes on mp3, I lost them when I had problems with my computer. I would like to have them again.

neiljulieus

#4 Post by neiljulieus »

i have them as mp3's but the bit rate is low (64and96).
i am on souls seek as nmtg9 and you should find them there. would like better quality copies though
(moderators - ive just thought this message might be against the rules - if so please edit and accept my apologies) neil

Posh Boy

#5 Post by Posh Boy »

They are nice mixes, but mine are buried under a ton of noise. I guess they were copied from tape to tape to tape until they reached me on a cd. The Spanish Extended Mix is very similar to the Disco mix, sounds a bit like an earlier version of that mix: it's missing the 'wild' bit that starts at 4.52.

While we're on the topic of sound quality, I'd love to get my hands on some decent quality Bobby O demos.
"Your boring face I love it"

DJAMIX

#6 Post by DJAMIX »

They are only available in poor quality. They were taking from a cassete demo, I think.
One can't find the way to peace. Peace is the way itself. (Gandhi)

sandbird

#7 Post by sandbird »

The structure of the spanish mix is close to the disco mix. The biggest difference is from 3:41 when there's a break + the piano loops and then extra segment from the full trumpet recording that only been used in this mix. The full trumpet recording in the original multitracks is 2:41 when the disco mix (and the spanish mix) including the first part of the trumpet recording and the 7" ending with around 20 seconds from the middle of the full trumpet recording. The spanish mix including additional extra part of the trumpet from somewhere between the segment used in the disco mix and the part used in the 7" mix. Anyway, except for that trumpet thing, the spanish mix including different drums and it's an early version before the amazing, and more freestyle, disco mix.

Vince

#8 Post by Vince »

following up on my comment from 13 years ago :'( Hope someone with the necessary software can clean up the hiss and slow down the poor quality spanish mixes
H.A.P.P.I.N.E.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.

telys

#9 Post by telys »

Vince wrote: Fri 14 May 2021, 6:34 pm following up on my comment from 13 years ago :'( Hope someone with the necessary software can clean up the hiss and slow down the poor quality spanish mixes
Just had a listen to the spanish 7'' mix on youtube. Yes, poor quality but a great alternative mix. More trumpet.
----
You've got me all wrong