Always

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
speee

Always

#1 Post by speee »

Hi,
I have posted on myspace my cover version of Always.
It's a sort of electro-orchestral mix. If you want to listen or download it click www.myspace.com/speesynkro
You'll find it in the flash mp3 player section with some of other songs written by me.
If you have time to listen to them, please tell me what you think about it.
Thanks.
spEE

PS: if you are on myspace don't forget to add me to your friends.
I'm new to myspace and I'd like to meet other PSB fans that are music producers too.

Suburban_Boy

#2 Post by Suburban_Boy »

Sounds great! Good job.

Drem

#3 Post by Drem »

Thank you, it's very nice version, actually.
Could you upload your "King's Cross" cover version there as well, please?
And, some more... could you tell something about you, your work? I guess you're sort of sound engineer, aren't you? I'm not familiar with such beautiful language as italian, I'm afraid - so your page won't give me a clue...
"I think it’s an amazingly good album, I’ve got to be honest with you. It’s one of the albums I feel most proud of. But for people who don’t really know us, and have a sort of an idea about us, ‘Electric’ is more what the Pet Shop Boys are meant to be."
(Neil Tennant, speaking about "Elysium" on the eve of "Electric" release.)

speee

#4 Post by speee »

Thank you very much. I'm very happy you like it. I'm planning to record a pet shop boys cover each week. I will upload my 1997 version of King's Cross and my 2007 version of King's Cross next week on myspace. I've always loved that song but even if I try it's too hard to make a version matching the heights of the PSB.
About me? Well, I'm a music producer and I own a small recording studio. I mainly work in dance music and documentary soundtrack fields. I had the opportunity to work with some known italian singers and I made music for some TV shows on the main italian national TV channels. At the moment I'm doing songs with the famous italian 80s star Den Harrow. He was well known in some other european countries,too.
Anyway I'll translate the text on myspace in english too. So you can understand more easily
:D
Thanks again!

Marcus

#5 Post by Marcus »

Always is the song from their later carrier that touched me the most.
I very much like the music in your version. You did a great job in making it more electronic than the original was without ending up cheesy or dancy. However, I find the voice does not suit the content and the mood of the piece and lyrics.

critically yours
Marcus

themalesurfer

#6 Post by themalesurfer »

I like your version a lot! Thank you very much!

speee

#7 Post by speee »

I agree with you Marcus. My voice isn't good as Neil's for this kind of track. I wish I had his vocal line to work on a remix rather than a cover version....

Propertius

#8 Post by Propertius »

It's excellent, a really great arrangement of one of my favorite PSB songs.

speee

#9 Post by speee »

Thank you guys. Always is one of my fave tracks from the boys too!

Drem

#10 Post by Drem »

Sounds promising :).
"I think it’s an amazingly good album, I’ve got to be honest with you. It’s one of the albums I feel most proud of. But for people who don’t really know us, and have a sort of an idea about us, ‘Electric’ is more what the Pet Shop Boys are meant to be."
(Neil Tennant, speaking about "Elysium" on the eve of "Electric" release.)

MikeyC

#11 Post by MikeyC »

I love your version, but I'm writing to say that I have a good friend who's favorite PSB track -- heck maybe favorite song ever -- is "Always" and he absolutely loves your version!! Thank you for it!! :D

Lush

#12 Post by Lush »

speee wrote:. At the moment I'm doing songs with the famous italian 80s star Den Harrow. He was well known in some other european countries,too.
Didn't Den Harrow release a rather brilliant track called "Don't Break My Heart", or does my memory fail me?
"Unprofessional? Us? Sir. Might I with due respect remind you that Mister Vandemar and myself burned down the City of Troy? We brought the Black Plague to Flanders. We have assassinated a dozen kings, five popes, half a hundred heroes and two accredited gods. Our last commission before this was the torturing to death of an entire monastery in sixteenth century Tuscany. We are utterly professional." - Mr Croup

speee

#13 Post by speee »

You're right. He released several hits in europe in the 80s. Catch the fox, Future brain, Day by day, Charleston just to mention some.

speee

#14 Post by speee »

thank you MikeyC! Thanks to your friend too. I agree with him.
Always has something magic in the melody. That's why I decided to cover it.

joe stalin

#15 Post by joe stalin »

Top work. Really enjoyed it. One of my fave psb b' sides as well

Good luck.