Forthcoming PSB TV and radio appearances...

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
moxlox

Re: Forthcoming PSB TV and radio appearances...

#1246 Post by moxlox »

Neil definitely sounds like he has a sore throat!

I am just on at 11:30, after earlier catching the first 15 minutes, and enjoying the (as they rightly put it) eclectic range of songs. That early Human League track (‘Empire State Human’ I think) was a ‘new’ and interesting one for me.
Circuses and Bread

leesmapman

#1247 Post by leesmapman »

The woman reading the 10 o'clock news had the same problem

Sent from my SM-J410F using Tapatalk

DopeFiend

#1248 Post by DopeFiend »

Nice hearing Neil and Chris.
Chris having a laugh, Neil all prim and proper.
Neil has such a pleasant speaking voice. I hope they do another spoken-word song at some point.
The music selection was good. It's the sort of thing I've been listening to, dance music from
different eras. Also had some glamour puss ballads.
Had some obligatory tracks, some that made me go "oo what is this?" and some that fit in with what you'd expect but perhaps would be unfamiliar.
I like to think, what would a new PSB album sound like if they used these tracks as the core inspiration.

I like how they both made suggestions for collaborative works when introducing singers.
It shows they have a creative mindset brewing.

Overall my takeaway was Neil & Chris haven't changed, which I find reassuring.

King1

#1249 Post by King1 »

I really enjoyed it they seemed in good form,anyone where I can get the playlist from ?

Dog

#1250 Post by Dog »

I made a playlist of the tracks here:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3vPuA ... 8vdhc_l49g
Woof.

domino

#1251 Post by domino »

Thank you both, DopeFiend and Dog, for this summary! :)

There are some more and some less obvious choices. I like that 'Me and Michael' by MGMT made it. It’s an obscure but funny track.
A blues would be in B flat, pain defining wisdom,
but the soul is in the high hat, programmed in the system.

moxlox

#1252 Post by moxlox »

Dog wrote: Mon 27 Dec 2021, 9:27 am I made a playlist of the tracks here:

Top dog, dog! :dance:
Circuses and Bread

minimal

#1253 Post by minimal »

Thanks for the playlist. Wasn't able to listen to the whole show yesterday and also can't listen rn. However, I've just checked the Spotify playlist and they played Paradis whose debut is probably my most favourite and cherished electronic record for years now. Did they say anything about Paradis in particular? Wish they'd collaborate with Pierre Rousseau of Paradis (the band is no more) and let him produce new music of PSB. He's probably one of the most talented and up and coming producers around and did a great job with Nicolas Godin's album last year. Also admiring his soundtracks and solo works.

Got to say I love the idea of PSB residing in France and record a new record just there.

m+

Dog

#1254 Post by Dog »

minimal wrote:Thanks for the playlist. Wasn't able to listen to the whole show yesterday and also can't listen rn. However, I've just checked the Spotify playlist and they played Paradis whose debut is probably my most favourite and cherished electronic record for years now. Did they say anything about Paradis in particular? Wish they'd collaborate with Pierre Rousseau of Paradis (the band is no more) and let him produce new music of PSB. He's probably one of the most talented and up and coming producers around and did a great job with Nicolas Godin's album last year. Also admiring his soundtracks and solo works.

Got to say I love the idea of PSB residing in France and record a new record just there.

m+
No, Neil just describes the track as “lovely”.
Woof.

psbfannyc

#1255 Post by psbfannyc »

DopeFiend wrote: Mon 27 Dec 2021, 7:47 am Nice hearing Neil and Chris.
Neil has such a pleasant speaking voice. I hope they do another spoken-word song at some point.
The music selection was good. It's the sort of thing I've been listening to, dance music from
Had some obligatory tracks, some that made me go "oo what is this?" and some that fit in with what you'd expect but perhaps would be unfamiliar.
I like to think, what would a new PSB album sound like if they used these tracks as the core inspiration.

I like how they both made suggestions for collaborative works when introducing singers.

What a great show! A nice way to end a crap year. I love it when they do these radio shows (usually in Germany and the UK), I have them on my iPod and it's fun when their radio shows pop up on shuffle. Anyway, the format and songs of this particular show that were chosen were great and it's a nice touch that they didn't spin any "directly" PSB tunes, but instead played a few PSB productions for other artists. Also, it was certainly a nice touch that they used some brief instrumental parts from their discography to segue into other songs. Radio hosts are famous for that! Fun! Cool show!

psbfannyc

#1256 Post by psbfannyc »

psbfannyc wrote: Mon 27 Dec 2021, 1:47 pm
DopeFiend wrote: Mon 27 Dec 2021, 7:47 am Nice hearing Neil and Chris.

What a great show! A nice way to end a crap year. I love it when they do these radio shows (usually in Germany and the UK), I have them on my iPod and it's fun when their radio shows pop up on shuffle. Anyway, the format and songs of this particular show that were chosen were great and it's a nice touch that they didn't spin any "directly" PSB tunes, but instead played a few PSB productions for other artists. Also, it was certainly a nice touch that they used some brief instrumental parts from their discography to segue into other songs. Radio hosts are famous for that! And they even did some new "PSB Radio 2 Jingles". Fun! Cool show!

DavidG

#1257 Post by DavidG »

Dog wrote: Mon 27 Dec 2021, 9:27 am I made a playlist of the tracks here:

Thank you very much! 👍🏻😁
The boys have cut their hair short to look cool...

eastendboy

#1258 Post by eastendboy »

Would have liked Chris and Neil to mention what they have been up to and future plans etc. Maybe it will all be revealed in the next annually. Thought the selection of music was great and had heard most of the tracks somewhere before and always good to discover different artists and have a listen to their other tracks. Not quite the same as the radio 1 days and maybe that’s because it wasn’t live and they couldn’t respond to emails etc. It has been mentioned how happy Chris sounded talking about his favourite records which was great. Friends of mine who aren’t big psb fans have said it was a great show and the boys didn’t sound arrogant as that had been how they have perceived in the past.

tottenhammattspurs

#1259 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Did anyone work out how to record this and subsequently have this as a permanent mp3?

I've downloaded via the bcc sounds app but I "think' that only has a 30 day limit on it.
is is and isnt isnt

leesmapman

#1260 Post by leesmapman »

tottenhammattspurs wrote:Did anyone work out how to record this and subsequently have this as a permanent mp3?

I've downloaded via the bcc sounds app but I "think' that only has a 30 day limit on it.
I made a recording with my digital recorder from BBC Radio 2 and converted it to mp3. PM me for more info.