Instrumentals by PSB

Archive for quick access to detailed information about the band.
Pertan

#16 Post by Pertan »

Zog wrote:
Pertan wrote:
Zog wrote:And, there is an instrumental of "Shopping".

-Zog
I have that too. Not sure if it's original thou
I've always assumed that it is original, since it sounds note-for-note in every way like the album version (minus the vocals). On the other hand, if it is fake, then it seems like an awful lot of trouble for a faker to go to.

-Zog
yes I also think it's real but I have never read of it and seen it in any demo discography or so.. I just one day had it... :?

glennjridge

#17 Post by glennjridge »

I believe there was a instrumental version of New York city boy floating around.
as far as betrayed I think someone just edited together the long begining on the actual track as its so long and vocals come in after a long time.

dannii

#18 Post by dannii »

Oznerol wrote:Dannii, do you mean official instrumentals or just instrumental re-creations by any other artists? There are some "Instrumental PSB collection" Cds around, with awful versions of PSB classics, but instrumentals at least...and some nice midis too...

as for strictly instrumentals (not dubs nor instrumental remixes nor demos) around PSB, I think you have:

Always On My Mind
It Doesn´t Often Snow At Christmas
Nothing Has Ben Proved (Dusty)
In Private (Dusty)
Getting Away With It (Electronic)
Love Pains (Liza)
Love To Love You Baby (Kiki Kokova)
yes, I mean strictly instrumentals - the song which is same as original version with vocals
but just with all vocals removed
there are official ones and onnoficial - but they all count if they're totally like original versions but without vocals - like ''Shopping'' who's not official but it's a real instrumental of original ''Actually'' version
do you get my point now?

Pertan

#19 Post by Pertan »

yes, just like I thought you meant..

so that's it I think...

stew

#20 Post by stew »

it doesnt often snow at christmas.
physcoligcal
home and dry.

thats it aint it
i aint keen on them really!

Ewok

#21 Post by Ewok »

Pertan wrote:
Zog wrote:
Pertan wrote: I have that too. Not sure if it's original thou
I've always assumed that it is original, since it sounds note-for-note in every way like the album version (minus the vocals). On the other hand, if it is fake, then it seems like an awful lot of trouble for a faker to go to.

-Zog
yes I also think it's real but I have never read of it and seen it in any demo discography or so.. I just one day had it... :?
I still have my doubts whether this is real or not. The sounds are not identical, they're just similar. At first it really sounds like just an instrumental of the album mix, but it isn't. I also wonder why the quality is so good compared to all the other demos and why it has never been mentioned before. Suddenly it was there which is a bit fishy.

Oznerol

#22 Post by Oznerol »

Ewok wrote:
Pertan wrote:
Zog wrote: I've always assumed that it is original, since it sounds note-for-note in every way like the album version (minus the vocals). On the other hand, if it is fake, then it seems like an awful lot of trouble for a faker to go to.

-Zog
I still have my doubts whether this is real or not. The sounds are not identical, they're just similar. At first it really sounds like just an instrumental of the album mix, but it isn't. I also wonder why the quality is so good compared to all the other demos and why it has never been mentioned before. Suddenly it was there which is a bit fishy.
This is my opinion too. The main synth sounds (the first thing you hear on the song) are the same as the actually version 'cause they're obviously taken with no problems from the album version, but the other sounds, that sounds you can´t take from the album because Neil's voice is over them, are similar (and cheaper) but not the same...so, high chances to be a fake...
stew wrote: it doesnt often snow at christmas.
physcoligcal
home and dry.
Home and dry instrumental??? are you sure?
This is not my signature.

stew

#23 Post by stew »

yeh there was weren't there - i swear?

shopping - i heard a demo instrumental on win mx once!