Closer to Heaven - London 2024

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
zukunft

Re: Closer to Heaven - London 2024

#46 Post by zukunft »

Sandy Shaw wrote: Wed 12 Jun 2024, 12:02 pm The run has now been extended to 27 July!
So now it's possible to combine the ROH performances with the attandance at the Turbine Theatre to watch both productions. Great!

petshopgrrl

#47 Post by petshopgrrl »

Sandy Shaw wrote: Wed 12 Jun 2024, 12:02 pm The run has now been extended to 27 July!
Sweet! Thanks for the heads up. Just bought a ticket for July 22. :D

Meebabi

#48 Post by Meebabi »

OMG, I’m so excited! I’m flying from Canada to London that week for the ROH show on the 24th and just booked tickets for CTH for the 23rd. Wow, this is one show I thought I’d NEVER get to see. I am one very happy PSB fan. 😊

greenmile

#49 Post by greenmile »

I was hoping they'd extend this to coincide with the ROH shows, and now they have! Got a ticket for the Friday!

MikeyC

#50 Post by MikeyC »

Meebabi wrote: Wed 12 Jun 2024, 7:12 pm OMG, I’m so excited! I’m flying from Canada to London that week for the ROH show on the 24th and just booked tickets for CTH for the 23rd. Wow, this is one show I thought I’d NEVER get to see. I am one very happy PSB fan. 😊
That’s great to hear!!

Meebabi

#51 Post by Meebabi »

Edit- Double post

Meebabi

#52 Post by Meebabi »

MikeyC wrote: Wed 12 Jun 2024, 8:47 pm
Meebabi wrote: Wed 12 Jun 2024, 7:12 pm OMG, I’m so excited! I’m flying from Canada to London that week for the ROH show on the 24th and just booked tickets for CTH for the 23rd. Wow, this is one show I thought I’d NEVER get to see. I am one very happy PSB fan. 😊
That’s great to hear!!
Yes! I’m really happy. Actually my CTH tickets are for the 22nd (I made a mistake). It will be a nice way to spend a Monday night in London.

Meebabi

#53 Post by Meebabi »

For anyone who has seen the show- was there any merchandise available?

petshopgrrl

#54 Post by petshopgrrl »

Meebabi wrote: Wed 12 Jun 2024, 9:05 pm Yes! I’m really happy. Actually my CTH tickets are for the 22nd (I made a mistake). It will be a nice way to spend a Monday night in London.
Oh hey, I'll see you there! :dance:

Meebabi

#55 Post by Meebabi »

petshopgrrl wrote: Thu 13 Jun 2024, 3:08 am
Meebabi wrote: Wed 12 Jun 2024, 9:05 pm Yes! I’m really happy. Actually my CTH tickets are for the 22nd (I made a mistake). It will be a nice way to spend a Monday night in London.
Oh hey, I'll see you there! :dance:
Well that would be nice to meet a fellow fan from the forum! Others I’ve meet from here have been very nice. 😊

PSB-90

#56 Post by PSB-90 »

For anyone who has seen the show- was there any merchandise available?
Sadly not, other than the programme (nice specially themed cocktails at the bar though!)

wieske

#57 Post by wieske »

In July I'm going to see Closer to Heaven for the fourth time. First two times I attended the performance at the Arts Theatre and last time Under the Arches, if I remember the location well.

I read that in this new production at the Turbine Theatre there is a lot of so called 'interaction' from the cast to the audience. What can I expect from this? IS there a lot of interaction by the cast by the way?

Actually, I don't like these kind of things to be honest. I just want to enter the auditorium, take my seat and enjoy the performance, without running the risk of being involved in the production.

Are there any 'safe' places by the way? Places where there's little to no chance of getting a lap dance from one of the cast members? ;-)
Don't give me all your northern pain
Don't sell me New York in the rain
Let's leave our promises behind
Rewind and try again

Sandy Shaw

#58 Post by Sandy Shaw »

wieske wrote: Thu 13 Jun 2024, 3:38 pm In July I'm going to see Closer to Heaven for the fourth time. First two times I attended the performance at the Arts Theatre and last time Under the Arches, if I remember the location well.

I read that in this new production at the Turbine Theatre there is a lot of so called 'interaction' from the cast to the audience. What can I expect from this? IS there a lot of interaction by the cast by the way?

Actually, I don't like these kind of things to be honest. I just want to enter the auditorium, take my seat and enjoy the performance, without running the risk of being involved in the production.

Are there any 'safe' places by the way? Places where there's little to no chance of getting a lap dance from one of the cast members? ;-)
When I attended the interaction was minimal even though I was quite up for it. If you are at a table you have a card you can flip to show that you DON'T want interaction! Another thought is that you can sit round the back of a table rather than nearer the cast just to be sure to be sure....
I'm your puppet

wieske

#59 Post by wieske »

Sandy Shaw wrote: Thu 13 Jun 2024, 5:33 pm
wieske wrote: Thu 13 Jun 2024, 3:38 pm In July I'm going to see Closer to Heaven for the fourth time. First two times I attended the performance at the Arts Theatre and last time Under the Arches, if I remember the location well.

When I attended the interaction was minimal even though I was quite up for it. If you are at a table you have a card you can flip to show that you DON'T want interaction! Another thought is that you can sit round the back of a table rather than nearer the cast just to be sure to be sure....
Thanks for the information Sandy! To be sure, think I will ask when entering a place round the back of a table or more towards the end of the auditorium ;-)

What should I imagine with 'interaction' by the way?

Anyway, it will be a great afternoon and night out as I will attend in the evening one of the Royal Opera House concerts :-)
Don't give me all your northern pain
Don't sell me New York in the rain
Let's leave our promises behind
Rewind and try again

petshopgrrl

#60 Post by petshopgrrl »

Well, if this isn't a brazen way to encourage ticket sales, I don't know what is. :lol:

https://petshopboys.co.uk/pet-texts/202 ... o-heaven-4
We finally got to see the electric new production of “Closer to Heaven” which opened at the Turbine Theatre in London last month and has just had its run extended. Excellent cast and immersive staging (which is what we imagined when we were writing it with Jonathan Harvey 25 years ago). And it was lovely to meet the cast afterwards. We’re going again next month! Neil and Chris xx
Going next month, huh? Given the tour schedule, there's only a handful of dates they could realistically attend so if you do the math right, you could find yourself sitting next to the writers! :dance: