This must be the place I waited months to join

New members introduce yourself or just say hi here. The answers to Frequently Asked Questions live here too.
petshopgrrl

This must be the place I waited months to join

#1 Post by petshopgrrl »

Hello everyone! Long time lurker, finally ready to join the fray in time for the new album. :dance:

I grew up in the UK and remember Neil leaving Smash Hits to do his "little band thing". I liked PSB enough that they appear on several of my old mix tapes but apparently not enough to buy any product! After moving to the States about 30 years ago, I admittedly kind of lost track of them. Then, during the pandemic, my dearly beloved went on an eBay spending spree, bought up their entire back catalogue and started pounding PSB 24/7 from his home office stereo. And after I kept running in there and going "WHAT IS THIS COOL SONG???" every few minutes, he gave me the flash drive with all the songs and I haven't listened to anything else since.

We saw New Order (his first love) and PSB on the Unity Tour at the Hollywood Bowl in 2022 and Neil and Chris completely blew me away with their show. Then I was lucky enough to catch the Boys again at the Eden Project in June last year. Unfortunately it doesn't look like my foreign travel is going to coincide with any tour dates this year unless a miracle happens in July at the ROH.

Fave songs: For Your Own Good, Single-Bilingual, Will-o-the-wisp
Fave album: Varies weekly, but most frequently is Nightlife

Anyway, it's Absolutely Fabulous to meet you all! Champers and nibbly things all round!

leesmapman

Re: This must be the place I waited months to join

#2 Post by leesmapman »

So your husband had a dormant PSB fandom you didn't know about?

Pinhead44

#3 Post by Pinhead44 »

Welcome to the forum petshopgrrl !

Brilliant to hear how you discovered how great their music is after all those years !

petshopgrrl

#4 Post by petshopgrrl »

leesmapman wrote: Thu 04 Apr 2024, 6:22 pm So your husband had a dormant PSB fandom you didn't know about?
Nah, he's not a fandom type, more like passes through phases. It was Depeche Mode and New Order for years.

But once my interest was piqued, I went diving back through all the vinyl that has long laid dormant in storage and it turns out that he does have a copy of Actually with Always on my mind packaged inside it. So they did make an impression. :)
Pinhead44 wrote: Fri 05 Apr 2024, 11:34 pm Welcome to the forum petshopgrrl !

Brilliant to hear how you discovered how great their music is after all those years !
Thank you! I have SO MUCH to catch up on. But what's also brilliant is how many new, younger fans they seem to be reeling in. Good music never goes out of style. :D
Last edited by petshopgrrl on Tue 09 Apr 2024, 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marie loves PSB

#5 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Welcome to the Forum. :)